Dumble (Ford 2) again....

Henry Kaiser at his most bizarre. Here's the longer segment of clip- just painful to listen to!

cocaine1.jpg

I see this thread more about D style designs than getting ruffled about actual Dumble amplifiers themselves.

The contention being are their sufficient user parameters in the Fractal model to re-create various D style amplifier circuits.

Whether or not an actual Dumble is special, worth the $$ or what is really not in contention in this thread.

You've hit the nail on the head.

Last edited:
That is an amazingly bad video- the rest of it is worth sampling as well. Henry Kaiser at his most bizarre. Here's the longer segment of clip- just painful to listen to!

Kaiser's music is suited for film mostly. He doesn't follow the conventional structuring of music and it shouldn't be approached conventionally. He is also one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Eccentric yes, but a cool dude. Not sure why people gotta be rude about something that that probably wasn't meant for them anyway. Check out some of his albums while picturing nature in your mind to get a better understanding of where he's coming from.

To be fair the video was all about how to get wild sounds ..

Taken out of context one could have the look of sheer terror from it but
if you realize the entire video was about getting unusual sounds from
alot of different effects while using the Dumble amp line to illustrate them
then it is what it is.. I think the point being the amps can take any effects and
he is there to illustrate that..

Henry bought the entire Dumble line helping Alex early on...
Those sounds might not be for you at all but others might just like
that type of thing and thats what the video was about...

3-4 years ago when we were making the other 50 watt builds here
I requested efx loop all that would fit was passive and of course we were slagged
for doing that .. The ones throwing stones were just starting to build them
and I guess were trying to poo poo the idea that being sebago I note they
have efx loops NOW..

fender amps should have fender iron
I asked to have 34s biased and the amp of course runs hotter
and to my ears should be run with 6l6.

now that being said if the platform was in marshall to begin with or
ground up build using marshall iron then the 34s sound right..

The fender platform would run awhile but eventually the transformers would fail.
I was told the Marshall platform builds Dumble does are in 50 watt amps not 100s
Dumble 50 is loud mind you especially the Marshall platform 50..
He also built those with less wattage that sound quite great.

The mega Plx Is based on Marshall platform.

I like my unicorn medium rare with Montreal Steak seasoning....

I've worked on 100W EL34 Dumbles with Fender Twin PT's, actually Magic Parts TF130 replacement Twin PT to be precise. theres quite a few of those, I think Cliffs amp may have this arrangement. You can actually blister your fingers on the power and standby switch, the back of the amp seriously gets that hot. Not helped by zero air movement in a top mounted chassis.Funny that most cloners blindly follow suit in the name of engineering ignorance or fear their already limited and fickle customer base would frown upon any diversions from what the big man did, despite the fact its a huge faux paux that seriously changes the feel of the amp as it slow bakes and is actually a burn hazard to the user.

Last edited:
Every time I see a video of that Henry clown I think "that is one weird cunt"...Now I can add the Dumble guy to the same group.

Yeah that's really odd. Its a cool graphic too !!!

It looks like the mobile website logo I use , but I definitely didn't add it,
I'm so lazy when it comes to those things.

Hey, its fine. Thank you whoever took the time to do this for me, its appreciated !!!

My money is on Matt.

I don't know.. we all pandered our asses off that time when Chris (Axe-FX Tutorials) was going to leave, and he came back. Pandering success!

The point is, some guys make really unique, interesting and\or helpful contributions and I think, like Chris, Paco qualifies. Heck, I still miss Jay Mitchell in here.. we failed to pander him back into the fold.
Loved Jay Mitchell. I could watch hours of him shredding would-be know-it-alls to bits. The guy had no mercy. But it wasn't us that made him leave. Us he could handle without breaking a sweat. He's the Spartan 300 of amplification and IRs all in one. Pretty sure there could have been no pandering from us that would have made him stay. That was something different entirely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom