Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

I'll update this weekend, Thanks in advance FAS team! Seems no one is reporting any bugs, that's good! Plus I'm too busy constantly checking for an AX8 waitlist announcement!

Fantastic!!

With the added CPU, I'm gonna get to work adding functionality to my ECONOMY patches! Stay Tuned!!

I have the same question. I had to reset amp blocks for the first official Quantum release. Will I need to do that again for this one?

Going forward, should I always plan on updating amp blocks (or anything else) for updates? I'm thinking some updates won't affect amp blocks and this won't be necessary.

I ended up starting in and doing just that...resetting the amps as I tested. The only things I change (and lose in a reset) are the speaker tab settings, the overdrive/normal, and the presence.

Thought I would share my little scare after downloading Q1.01. After I updated I turned off my unit and waited the 5 seconds, actually longer than that. I came back and turned on my unit and I had no connection to Axe edit. This has happened before so I tried a few things and finally just reloaded the drivers and still no connection! I checked my unit for the update and it said 17.3 and I thought Cliff had really screwed up! Went to reload and it wouldn't connect to Fractal bot! Thats when I realized I turned my backup unit on by mistake and it has the old firmware on it. Turned it off and the other unit back on and I was in business! Sounds great and I have my editor back! What a screw up! I'm getting old and forgetful!

Last edited:
Sorry, but the Herbert 2+ and 3 have got to much bass - in Q 1.00 they sounded more like a "wah wah" tone - this is gone.

But in 1.01 the direct, aggressive Tone has been lost.......hmm....

Cliff! GREAT job thank you for giving me some CPU headroom! And Chris thank you so much for the spreadsheet!!!

Ok, how would i go back to version 1.0 in the global menu? i saw it changed it back to 1.0 and didn't hear or see any difference. tried turning on and off as well

Sorry, but the Herbert 2+ and 3 have got to much bass - in Q 1.00 they sounded more like a "wah wah" tone - this is gone.

But in 1.01 the direct, aggressive Tone has been lost.......hmm....

Try a clean reinstall maybe?
Changes are often extremely subtle, so to say that there was such a drastic change may suggest your update gone wrong imo.

Try a clean reinstall maybe?
Changes are often extremely subtle, so to say that there was such a drastic change may suggest your update gone wrong imo.

no, the herbie models got corrected in 1.01, so there should be a noticeable difference. Also, the official advice is that it is a very low probability of having a dud firmware install, but if there are issues, it is more likely system parameters that got messed up and should be reset. Still, if Hubi is only having an issue with the herbert models only, its likely that its the actual model that's the issue, or his tweaking of it.

Sounds amazing.

Axe-edit has some hiccups though. Downloaded (3.1.1?) the new one and it had some problems with recognizing firmware version. It worked mostly... No sweat :)

I have a preset with 2 amps: plexi 50W High and Normal. In FW 18 I loved it, in FW20, I didn't like it as much, in Q1.00 it felt much better but there seemed to be more low end that I was having trouble dialing out. In Q1.01, playing last night, it felt like the best thing ever. Same with my Brit Silver preset. I mostly play at around 10pm, so I wonder if half of the changes I hear is actually due to ear fatigue. I took care of my 2 year old daughter yesterday and in the evening her cousins came over and together the are LOUD. My daughter especially likes to scream in my ear when I tickle her.

I think ear fatigue might be a problem for me, because ear fatigue definitely is not a subtle effect. Anyway, I really hope to turn on that plexi preset tonight and find that awesome tone again.

I know it was asked, but I dont think it was answered- What exactly was changed in the Herbie models? My main preset is a Diezel Herbert rig setup like "The Rig" preset that Cooper Carter did in his tutorial on utilizing scenes. I utilize all 3 amp channels of the herbie and the shiver for my cleans. I can definitely tell a difference for the better, which is all that matters, but Id still like to know what happened to the amp models.

I know it was asked, but I dont think it was answered- What exactly was changed in the Herbie models? My main preset is a Diezel Herbert rig setup like "The Rig" preset that Cooper Carter did in his tutorial on utilizing scenes. I utilize all 3 amp channels of the herbie and the shiver for my cleans. I can definitely tell a difference for the better, which is all that matters, but Id still like to know what happened to the amp models.

Unfortunately I cannot disclose that information. As I mentioned some time ago I've cracked the secret of the Diezel sound. Beyond that I cannot comment.

Back
Top Bottom