Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

no, the herbie models got corrected in 1.01, so there should be a noticeable difference. Also, the official advice is that it is a very low probability of having a dud firmware install, but if there are issues, it is more likely system parameters that got messed up and should be reset. Still, if Hubi is only having an issue with the herbert models only, its likely that its the actual model that's the issue, or his tweaking of it.

Most of the Parameters are Default, always the same cab. But there ist to mach bass - espessially the 3.Channel. Have to do more now in the EQ and Cut in the Ampblock. I´ve reloaded the amp, but no System reset, cause all the other amps sounded ok!

I´m still interested in the "secret" of the Diezels - but in 1.01 I don´t like them not again. too bad - they were great in 1.00 beta!

I was playing a VH4 Stereo many years live - so I can hear this "secret"-Sound still in my head. The Diezels in the Fw 1.01 don´t have this Sound..........mmh.........

They got to be more direct - as they were in the beta 1.00.

Last edited:
Most of the Parameters are Default, always the same cab. But there ist to mach bass - espessially the 3.Channel. Have to do more in the EQ and Cut in the Ampblock.

I´m still interested in the "secret" of the Diezels - but in 1.01 I don´t like them not again. too bad - they were great in 1.00 beta!

I was playing a VH4 Stereo many years live - so I can hear this "secret"-Sound still in my head. The Diezels in the Fw 1.01 don´t have this Sound..........mmh.........

They got to be more direct - as they were in the beta 1.00.

Switch back to the 1.00 version in the Global Menu.

Today when I turned on the Axe-Fx I've noticed the first Axe-Fx ll start up logo is gone there is just Quantum Logo !, is it a normal thing with this FW ? or should I install it again ??, this happened with QFW 1.01

I have a preset with 2 amps: plexi 50W High and Normal. In FW 18 I loved it, in FW20, I didn't like it as much, in Q1.00 it felt much better but there seemed to be more low end that I was having trouble dialing out. In Q1.01, playing last night, it felt like the best thing ever. Same with my Brit Silver preset. I mostly play at around 10pm, so I wonder if half of the changes I hear is actually due to ear fatigue. I took care of my 2 year old daughter yesterday and in the evening her cousins came over and together the are LOUD. My daughter especially likes to scream in my ear when I tickle her.

I think ear fatigue might be a problem for me, because ear fatigue definitely is not a subtle effect. Anyway, I really hope to turn on that plexi preset tonight and find that awesome tone again.

I conclude this is great firmware. Thanks

Hi Cliff and the Team,
I must say Quantum is the best ever Firmware i have experienced compared to all previous firmwares. This one is massive leap, guitar is sounding great and makes me feel like extension of my mind, body ...its responsive to my imagination and playing style and I feel Quantum is Perfection !!!
And yes CPU consumption is drastically down ...this is a big achievement, otherwise it was always a worry when ever i was tweaking my presets i had to keep a watch but now its a big headroom and loving this.

We Love you Fractal !!!
DriZZlerock
www.facebook.com/DriZZlerock

I'm only about 50% sure of this, 50% possible this is another case of usrr error, but I think I might have found a bug.

I was trying to send USB audio from my pc to the axefx to jam with. I'm running out of out2 into a cab. In the I/O menu, I had USB out set to out2 and got nothing (headphone out still worked though). I eventually got it to work by setting out2 to copy out1, and USB out to out1.

Is this normally how it goes? If so, why bother having a USB out option of out2? I have always been using out1 before, so this was a new one for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FINALLY got to upgrade to Quantum yesterday, been afraid to do it prior to a gig but curiosity won out. Gigged with it last night, no issues as all. Some of the cleans sounded, well, cleaner and more transparent. The drives and overdriven amps always sounded good and they sounded at least as great as they always have, but I was particularly impressed with the clean tones. Really lively, and seemed to enhance the effects that were added to them. Great job, Cliff and FAS.

Oh, and I should say that the Quantum splash scene at startup is awesome. Great graphics never hurt.

I'm only about 50% sure of this, 50% possible this is another case of usrr error, but I think I might have found a bug.

I was trying to send USB audio from my pc to the axefx to jam with. I'm running out of out2 into a cab. In the I/O menu, I had USB out set to out2 and got nothing (headphone out still worked though). I eventually got it to work by setting out2 to copy out1, and USB out to out1.

Is this normally how it goes? If so, why bother having a USB out option of out2? I have always been using out1 before, so this was a new one for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Check I/O; output 2 echo should be set to output1 and usb output to output 2. Output 2 mode set to copy L-R. Hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never would have noticed that startup quantum logo if you didn't mention it. awesome. I always just turn on and walk away.

Just got done comparing Q0 to Q1. Tonight my ears are preferring Q0- seems to me Q1 is "thinner", and not as smooth. It's good, but Q0 is just a little better. Thanks for giving us the choice. :)

I wonder, for others, does a slight move toward less treble in speaker resonance help to allow Q1 to sound like Q0? If so, and if sufficent, it would be simple, injured my wrist slightly so I haven't messed with it, but I guess a change in such modeling approaches is subtle, and would not be easy to accommodate. Can't wait til my wrist heals to try!

I Keep waiting for an AX8 to claw its way out of my Axe II, but alas, nope...
Quantum sounds awesome, hands down.
Almost like its correcting itself and becoming more efficient...

Back
Top Bottom