I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

I thought that cab block adds something like speaker distortion, so all the effects should go after the cab.

But anyway, with one amp it is impossible to leave power amp sim on for Output 1, and have it off for Output 2 - and that is really important for me because I have mostly tube amps on stage for monitoring.

Cliff, could you please create separate preamp and poweramp blocks in AX8? If it will be done this way - it will be the same CPU usage, but possible to route signal after preamp and before the poweramp - to Output 2, and preamp+poweramp signal - to Output 1.

Pretty sure the answer to this would be no. I can't remember when it was but I remember a post from Cliff stating that in order to keep someone from reverse engineering his algorithms he coded the power amp and preamp sims together. I'm not sure how that works just offering up an answer. Also in the cab block you can add or subtract speaker distortion with the motor drive parameter.

+1

And I think that extensive routing is the domain of the Axe-Fx II.

Thanks for the link! I didn't know that cab block can be placed after effects like delay and reverb.... I thought that cab block adds something like speaker distortion, so all the effects should go after the cab.

If you think about it, though...in a normal situation, the cab is always last (well, technically, the mic is last, but you get my point). So just experiment with placing cab after amp vs cab at end of chain and see how it sounds.

I would love to see the back of this unit. *hint to Cliff*

Oh, this is what I've been waiting for the last couple of years, so I'm waiting with my credit card ready.... *hint, hint*

How would you go about setting up a typical gig preset with scenes for clean and dirt with only one amp? Is it a case of strictly X/Y for this?

How would you go about setting up a typical gig preset with scenes for clean and dirt with only one amp? Is it a case of strictly X/Y for this?

Do you mean one amp literally, or one preset? Because in Axe-Fx you can have more than one amp in a preset. There are three options for what you want to do within one preset:

1. Use one amp, x/y state for clean/dirty.
2. Use one amp, add drive pedal to do dirt.
3. Use two amps, one set up for clean, one for dirt.

Technically there's a fourth option, too: to set up the overdrive on an expression pedal and just ramp it upwhen you want dirt...but that's really just a variation of one of the above.

In AX8, my guess is you'd be limited to options 1 or 2, or you could use two (or more) presets.

There's a fifth option: Attach a scene modifier to INPUT GAIN and MASTER VOLUME. Dial in your clean sound, and use that for one scene of the modifier. Dial in your your dirty sound, and use that value for another scene. Instant clean-to-dirty on one amp. You can do that already with the Axe-Fx.

There's a fifth option: Attach a scene modifier to INPUT GAIN and MASTER VOLUME. Dial in your clean sound, and use that for one scene of the modifier. Dial in your your dirty sound, and use that value for another scene. Instant clean-to-dirty on one amp. You can do that already with the Axe-Fx.

Smart. There are probably others too, those were just the four that I could think of off-hand.

Smart. There are probably others too, those were just the four that I could think of off-hand.
No problem. I don't think of everything, either. :)

The modifier trick is one I use a lot when I want to go from rhythm to lead with the same tone. If you use an expression pedal instead, you can gradually morph your tone between clean and lead, or anywhere in between.

I do that a lot too, turning rhythm presets into crunch or lead. However morphing between two different amps, like in the Axe II, is usually better and more versatile. I love morphing from a stereo rhythm sound using the enhancer to a mono lead

Reactions: Rex
FAS Pls accelerate, I'm sick of the trash floorboards around actually, looking forward to see and hear something decent around. Am on my third test and all I find is bullshit.
Cheers !

+1 for a choice of amps on an a la carte menu. If anyone is using all 200 amps they are a rare buyer imo. "Updates" are free, want new offers great, don't want them don't buy them. I don't want "packs" because they could include something I don't want to pay for. I like having a choice. Cool as this new product is I'm still the rack and MFC-101. With every new released item I find it the best value.

I'll just say a few things:

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.

I'll save my money for the "PIPE DREAM" kidney shaped/GT-001 compact fractal AX8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0ea3202d4d108745fb208a7437483d1d.jpg

[emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I don't understand is: if the grid is 4x8, and there's amp block and IR, the AX8 will have 6 effects max?

Or simply can't put 8 in series + amp+ IR, but can be use up to eight in more complex parallel chains?

No the axe fx' current grid is 4x12 (4 rows, 12 blks per row) the ax8 Grid will be 4x8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom