I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

Cliff mentioned elsewhere that FX8 should be for sale "hopefully within a couple of weeks".

For reasons that are obvious when you think about it, it would seem like a really good idea to officially announce AX8 with it's full specs, features and price... BEFORE they start taking customers money for the FX8.

Of course, FAS can do whatever they like.. but I'm thinking odds are good we'll see more official AX8 info.. "Soon". :)
Im really hoping for this, i hope we see the full details soon.... I can't wait to buy this thing...

So basically, FX8 + AX8 is the same as Axe2 + MFC101 ??
No, AX8 combines the MFC + AxeFx 2 in a floorboard, but with limitations, such as you can use only a single amp. These limitations are not solved by adding an FX8 to it. The way I see it is that FX8 and AX8 have different target markets. FX8 for those who already have a good amp and would like to add Fractal quality effects. The AX8 is for those of us who like an all-in-one floor-based solution.

So basically, FX8 + AX8 is the same as Axe2 + MFC101 ??
No, AX8 combines the MFC + AxeFx 2 in a floorboard, but with limitations, such as you can use only a single amp. These limitations are not solved by adding an FX8 to it. The way I see it is that FX8 and AX8 have different target markets. FX8 for those who already have a good amp and would like to add Fractal quality effects. The AX8 is for those of us who like an all-in-one floor-based solution.

Fractal, Cliff! Please, please, please - make it as lightweight as possible!!! That is the most important physical parameter in device which is created to be moved to gigs by hand.

Ideal weight in my opinion is about 3-4 kg. At this weight it is still possible to make the chassis from steel and have a durable piece of gear. But it will be light and OK to walk with this thing in bag and don't be tired at all.

You are going to release a device which I was waiting for 10 years if not more! But please, don't forget the weight nuance.

Fractal, Cliff! Please, please, please - make it as lightweight as possible!!! That is the most important physical parameter in device which is created to be moved to gigs by hand.

Ideal weight in my opinion is about 3-4 kg. At this weight it is still possible to make the chassis from steel and have a durable piece of gear. But it will be light and OK to walk with this thing in bag and don't be tired at all.

You are going to release a device which I was waiting for 10 years if not more! But please, don't forget the weight nuance.

It pretty much looks exactly the same as a FX8 chassis so when those ship we will know the weight ,There is a mark day vid of one showing size on pedalboard ,its actually surprised me it was bigger than picture looks

That said compared to the 50 pds Marshall I used last night it really is quite light

I wish Ax8 could have the "4 rows grid" as the Axe-fx, not the 1 row grid as the Fx8.
Many awesome presets use shunts crossing differents rows

Yes, please make it with axe-like grid. This routing flexibility opens so much doors, without it it will lose alot of creative sounds.

I think titanium chassis is the answer to make a lightweight AX8. I will pay extra money for lighter but more expensive AX8 chassis, no problem at all! I carry my AXE FX 2 by hand to rehearsals and I really tired of that (it is heavy for moving by hand at long distances). I really like to get as lightweight AX8 as possible! Cliff, please hear my words.

Wow. Can't believe I've missed this post.
Been very active on this forum the last couple of weeks, but just stumbled upon this now by coinsidence :p

This is exactly what I need, and was hoping for when I got my Axe-Fx II XL.
Now my rack can be permanent in the studio and the AX8 with me on the road.
I have my axe in a super heavy rack now, so it's a drag to get it to the airport, then pay for extra shipping etc.
Now I can just put the AX8 in my suitcase with my t-shirts and done deal (y)

Hopefully there will be a waiting list coming here soon....I need this like...now :D

It would be nice to see some detailed info before the FX8 goes on sale. I'm on the FX8 waiting list but from what as been revealed so far the AX8 looks like it will better meet my needs. I definitely don't need both, but won't be able to make a good decision on whether to go with the FX8 until we get the details on the AX8.

I'm really interested in this nuance. AX8 will have one amp and one cab active, not two at the same time. Will it be possible to send signal after the cab - to one output (mixer), and signal before cab - to FX Send output? It is needed 100% for playing live - to send cab sound to mixer and sound of an AX8's amp without cab - to stage combo or head, for local monitoring. The difficult part is that both signals must have effects on them... I hope Cliff will reveal how this connection route will be solved.

I'm really interested in this nuance. AX8 will have one amp and one cab active, not two at the same time. Will it be possible to send signal after the cab - to one output (mixer), and signal before cab - to FX Send output? It is needed 100% for playing live - to send cab sound to mixer and sound of an AX8's amp without cab - to stage combo or head, for local monitoring. The difficult part is that both signals must have effects on them... I hope Cliff will reveal how this connection route will be solved.

i'd assume that you place the FX Loop block the same way you would on the Axe-Fx II. Axe-Fx to PA System and Guitar Amp & Cab Simultaneously

is there something about the 1 amp 1 cab limitation making you think otherwise? can you explain a bit more?

Thanks for the link! I didn't know that cab block can be placed after effects like delay and reverb.... I thought that cab block adds something like speaker distortion, so all the effects should go after the cab.

But anyway, with one amp it is impossible to leave power amp sim on for Output 1, and have it off for Output 2 - and that is really important for me because I have mostly tube amps on stage for monitoring.

Cliff, could you please create separate preamp and poweramp blocks in AX8? If it will be done this way - it will be the same CPU usage, but possible to route signal after preamp and before the poweramp - to Output 2, and preamp+poweramp signal - to Output 1.

Back
Top Bottom