Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

Sounds like you have a corrupt preset in one of your banks.
Hmmmm, interesting. Everything has been working fine since the last FW update and I did the update all presets procedure then and it went smoothly. I don't believe I've even added any more presets since then. Not sure what to do. I know it's not necessary to do the update all procedure but it just bothers me that it's not working.

Hmmmm, interesting. Everything has been working fine since the last FW update and I did the update all presets procedure then and it went smoothly. I don't believe I've even added any more presets since then. Not sure what to do. I know it's not necessary to do the update all procedure but it just bothers me that it's not working.

It's beta firmware.

I have to say this:

Since I've upgraded to this FW 18b, I find myself less and less fussing with getting that perfect tone/preset, and more-so just playing. Less wasting countless hours of finding this tone or that sound, and just really enjoying playing guitar. I think that says a lot about the feel of this thing.

Interestingly my new favourite stereo biamped preset (+dist feeding both a 5150 panned hard left and a jcm800mod panned hard right) sounds VERY stereo. Much more so than any other biamped preset I've made in previous firmwares.

It makes perfect sense when you think about what the nature of this update actually is; it's about the amp dynamics and clipping texture...

As each amp dynamically reacts to the same drive pedal in a different way you get a good deal of difference between left and right (which of course is the definition of stereo in an electrical sense!) Each amp compresses and snarls differently creating a HUGE three dimensional sound. It's very, very satisfying. :)

Try it!

+1 THIS! I really wonder if some guys just ignore the addition "BETA". I love, that we get from time to time Beta releases to participate from future advantages a bit earlier, we`re waiting so badly for... That said, for me i am surprised how stable this Beta is just right now ...
I'm not complaining and didn't ignore that it's beta software. I was just asking if anyone else has experienced this issue. I've read every comment on here and haven't seen anyone else post anything about it. So that being said I guess I'm reporting a bug that needs to be addressed. Cheers.

Last edited:
This firmware is making me play my ass off.

Indeed, I power the unit up and whatever preset it was last on I just start playing, and just don't stop. Zero tweaks to most of them and so many just sound so good and playable.

Unit is worth every penny for sure

Likewise which, in my case, is not actually a good thing because it's keeping me from doing things I should be doing.

I just finished porting the AFD100 and got lost for an hour playing it. Slash-in-a-box.

This must be the ultimate "when you build a business, make sure you love what you do because you're going to do a lot of it" :)

I'd also guess the more fun you have Cliff the better you're getting at building better firmwares... :)

Likewise which, in my case, is not actually a good thing because it's keeping me from doing things I should be doing.

I just finished porting the AFD100 and got lost for an hour playing it. Slash-in-a-box.

snl.gif

It really is fun to play and down right addictive. It's very easy to lose a couple of hours in what seemed like minutes.

OK, which one is the AFD100? Porting means it was in 17.04, right, or is it a new one? I looked through the amps and have not found it. TIA.

Reactions: yek
Okey....uploaded to Fw 18.00beta. ODS 100 nonHRM (Lead 3) sounds improved to me! Much nicer breakup , less f**ting lows....great! :) My ODS102 patch based on the Bludotone Ojai sounded too compressed and with much lower volume until I found out that the update changed the tonestack position from pre to post gain. Ha....nice try, put it back brings the tone back as I like it. I have to tweak them again....there are still some issues regarding gain and structure but more on this goes directly to FAS within the next days / weeks :)

Go to your room and stay there until you think about what you've done. Oh hell, I've turned into Cliff's Mom

With all the good work you put into the Axe FX, you deserve to enjoy it as much as you want!

Back
Top Bottom