OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Since this was brought up earlier in the thread, the "ALN-BLU" and "H-RI-55" are out for the 412-GTR BOG-ST, as well as the "EV-L" speaker.

Guys, DO NOT PASS UP TRYING THE BELOW, especially you, yek!

Blend the ALN-BLU and the EV-L 50/50, I did that with the "MIX" file and was just in chime heaven. The EV-L is so much more lively in the Bogner cab than in the Mesa, and it fills in the midrange of the ALN-BLU beautifully.

Since this was brought up earlier in the thread, the "ALN-BLU" and "H-RI-55" are out for the 412-GTR BOG-ST, as well as the "EV-L" speaker.

Blend the ALN-BLU and the EV-L 50/50, I did that with the "MIX" file and was just in chime heaven. The EV-L is so much more lively in the Bogner cab than in the Mesa, and it fills in the midrange of the ALN-BLU beautifully.

Hey Kevin, I'm definitely picking up that H-RI-55! Really stoked about that.

I'm curious about that ALN-BLU. Obviously its shot in a 4x12 cabinet, but how does this compare to the typical Vox 2x12 cabinet? Will it just be a bit bigger? More low end? Just curious of your thoughts about this. Thanks!

Combo amps don't have the low end resonance of closed back 4x12's for many reasons. This will have a much deeper bass, and the top end won't be as veiled because typically combos have ambient mics mixed in, where doing that with 4x12's just turns everything to mush, in my opinion. So this will also have a more direct sounding top end. When I do the 112 DLX I will be having those ambient mics in the pack and mixed into the mix files, before anybody asks. That said, I am very serious about the ALN-BLU/EV-L combo in this cabinet. Honestly, either of them by themselves in this cab sampled in this way is okay, sounds great for what it is but a little too much of "something" in each (too little midrange in the Blue, too much in the EV) by themselves. However put them together and it is seriously touch sensitive, chimy magic with single coils. I liked the "Mix" file of each in an evenly blended pair, but, YMMV if you venture that way.

Side note, I haven't forgotten about you other guys who asked tone related questions, just going 200 miles an hour right now, big back log of emails, parenting responsibilities, etc. Will hopefully get back on here and in some email tonight to get caught up on communication. :)

Kevin, do you have any line of sight to vintage 1960A basketweave cabs? I like that type of tonality...like the one Redwirez and TAF have shot. It would be cool to hear your V3 rendering of something vintage.

The IR arms race is heating up! Too many to choose from which makes it hard to simplify and consolidate.

+1
Factory Cab 38 4x12 1960A G12M (RW) — "Slant Marshall 1960 loaded with four 25-watt Celestion G12Ms, otherwise known as "Greenbacks"
Any plans to release these?
Thanks for continuing the excellence in quality Kevin, AMAZING!!!!!

Combo amps don't have the low end resonance of closed back 4x12's for many reasons. This will have a much deeper bass, and the top end won't be as veiled because typically combos have ambient mics mixed in, where doing that with 4x12's just turns everything to mush, in my opinion. So this will also have a more direct sounding top end. When I do the 112 DLX I will be having those ambient mics in the pack and mixed into the mix files, before anybody asks. That said, I am very serious about the ALN-BLU/EV-L combo in this cabinet. Honestly, either of them by themselves in this cab sampled in this way is okay, sounds great for what it is but a little too much of "something" in each (too little midrange in the Blue, too much in the EV) by themselves. However put them together and it is seriously touch sensitive, chimy magic with single coils. I liked the "Mix" file of each in an evenly blended pair, but, YMMV if you venture that way.
I'm interested in those two ; question, how is the EV for Dumble-like amps ?

Yahoo!

Do you have any recommendations for speakers besides the obvious V30's that would work well for higher gain?

In my opinion, the V30's are the centerpiece item of any high gain tone. However, I do think that other kinds of speakers can work well on their own, or more likely as a mix in with the V30's to flavor things up in a different way. For example, the EDVH and GOV could be mixed in to buffalo supersize the balls on the tone. The T75's or K-100 could be thrown in for high end sizzle. The H-BB-75 or H-SB-75 could be thrown in for a more rock and roll twist. Look in the recording section and see what justinjcm900 did with just the GC-12. Anything is possible, and one thing that I can say is that no amount of sound clips, recommendations, YouTube'ing, or internet research is ever going to give you a definitive answer of what will work best with your guitar, pickups, hands, amp choice, playback system, application, and tonal preferences other than just experimenting and seeing what works best for you. This is one of the reasons I am undercharging for these libraries by 2 to 4 fold what their market value should be at their current price points - I fully expect people to go through a trial and error discovery process and want to help minimize the damage without making it to a point I can't keep the lights on. The V3 Mix stuff most certainly puts a best foot forward with all cabs and speakers though, so you can at least feel confident that you are getting the best out of whatever you decide to pick up. :)

Hey Kevin, what sound would you say the different cabs impart using the same speaker in the V3 Mix series?

I bought some of the V3 Mix Mesa IR's and they work incredibly well. Really like the clarity and presence they have. They sound great with the clean amps adding sparkle that I like and just roar with the high gain amps. They also respond REALLY well using the "Null" mic postion and using the "Proximity" to add fullness and weight. Had a few "Whoa" moments with the Marshalls and the G12V-TP doing this. And the EDVH is great when playing alone with it`s nice full tone. Wondering if I should get more speakers with the same cab or the same speaker but different cabs?

I have some of your other IRs and they are great, but these are fantastic!

Thanks!

The cabs are the resonance chamber, and the internal reflections can alter the core sound, but not completely obliterate it and make it something vastly different. I would crudely compare a cab and speaker to a guitar and pickup, respectively. Changing from an EMG 81 to a PAF to a P90 to a single coil is going to get you vastly more alteration than swapping one of those between a Les Paul or an Explorer or a super Strat, etc. In this same way, swapping the same speaker between different cabs of similar makeup will be less exaggerated than changing different speakers, unless the cabinet is radically different. As aforementioned in my above response, finding the right cab(s) and speaker(s) to pair with "you" is a path of discovery only you can find point-B by traversing the various options.

I think it would be more of finding the right cab or cabs for you, then expanding on speakers within that unless you are stocking up to take on projects of similar genres of other guitarists, as one would who does mixing work for say, metal (in that example, I'd recommend to get the V30-EN-08 and V30-EN-16 (previously OG's) for every 4x12).

+1
Factory Cab 38 4x12 1960A G12M (RW) — "Slant Marshall 1960 loaded with four 25-watt Celestion G12Ms, otherwise known as "Greenbacks"
Any plans to release these?
Thanks for continuing the excellence in quality Kevin, AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks!

As aforementioned somewhere in this thread I don't currently have a 60's basketweave cab, but do have a 70's checkerboard one. Since I can't go to the local Walmart and grab one of those :)lol), not sure when I'll be adding it to the stable, but will be keeping my eye out for one.

I'm interested in those two ; question, how is the EV for Dumble-like amps ?

I'd have to get back to you on that, and at that would be a best guess as to be honest, I don't "Dumble". I got the sound I was over the moon with by using the DC-30 sim. :)

Hope this helps guys!

Last edited:
Whether it's FAS, OH or FAS/Clark, all the current offerings are exceptional.
I love the fact that OH is pumping out so many turn-key libraries at the moment.

Kevin, you're absolutely right about that EV+Blue combo.
I'm digging that EV-L a lot. Works great with the Dumblesque amps too.

Still looking for a UltraRes replacement for the stock RedWirez SLO IRs.
They are so unique and fit the SLO amp model so well.
The "MES GOV" IR is closest to their tone I think, but much darker.

Still looking for a UltraRes replacement for the stock RedWirez SLO IRs.
They are so unique and fit the SLO amp model so well.
The "MES GOV" IR is closest to their tone I think, but much darker.

Duly noted. Will look into that. ;)

I like the GOV speakers a lot!
I always thought the factory Redwirez for the SLO were way too dark but the GOV sounds great here!
Yek, have you tried the RMDR 00 IR's for the GOV speaker?

I think the GOV may sound great in the Diezel or Bogner cabs!

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
I revisited the GOV and it does have that same texture and vibe as the Legend V12.
But "00"? Much, much too bright for me. I have moved to "06", and may even shift further to the dark side.

Here's a great mid-gain sound I stumbled on...the Class A 30W Hot dialed up to 4 on the gain and TMB to taste for your guitar. Pair that with the Bogner ALN-BLU (I'm using RVNT 6). Careful on the bass frequencies. I actually used the cut switch with my Les Paul but didn't need it with a Tele.

I revisited the GOV and it does have that same texture and vibe as the Legend V12.
But "00"? Much, much too bright for me. I have moved to "06", and may even shift further to the dark side.

Don't underestimate the power of the dark side.......

Any speaker/cab combo that's good for a good John Mayerish tone? (I know Kevin said he'll be sampling marshall cab for fenderish tone but until then anything close will fill my fix ;). I'm impatient)

Ps. Kevin. I hate your sale scheme. You are making me purchase 10 cabs so I can get the frequency discount!! Boo!!! Oh.. Wondering if this discount works with credits I already have?

Kevin

I apologize if I am overlooking the obvious but to purchase the V3 Mix libraries, do I have to purchase each cab/speaker a la cart? Wondering if there was an option to purchase the entire mix library at a lower price due to higher volume of items being bought. Again... Sorry if I am overlooking the obvious on your site.

Kevin

I apologize if I am overlooking the obvious but to purchase the V3 Mix libraries, do I have to purchase each cab/speaker a la cart? Wondering if there was an option to purchase the entire mix library at a lower price due to higher volume of items being bought. Again... Sorry if I am overlooking the obvious on your site.

Pg 1 3rd Post. Kevin mentions Frequency Discount.
pg 5. I asked about buy all button and he said the current version of the system that handles the cart does not handle that well. Has to be a lot of rewrite of code so he is waiting to upgrade to a newer version.

Hope that answers some of your questions :)

Any speaker/cab combo that's good for a good John Mayerish tone? (I know Kevin said he'll be sampling marshall cab for fenderish tone but until then anything close will fill my fix ;). I'm impatient)

Ps. Kevin. I hate your sale scheme. You are making me purchase 10 cabs so I can get the frequency discount!! Boo!!! Oh.. Wondering if this discount works with credits I already have?

I'm not a Mayer guy so I'll leave that to anyone else who may have an opinion on it.

RE the pricing, at current they are at roughly 75% off of what would be fair market value given the quality and quantity of content included in each package. If you'd prefer, please shoot me a message via the contact page (link at the top right of the site), and I can set up some custom/hidden products on the site that I can send you links to that are at the fair price of $19 per library, that way you only have to pick up 3 to invoke the first tier of the discount scheme. If you would prefer, I can make it easier and set them at $50 so you only have to get one. :lol By the way, I'm totally just messing with you, and this was not an angry post, I was laughing while I was typing it. :D I took your post as light hearted, and responded in kind. :)

If you have a gift certificate balance in your account, it is globally accepted by all store items, and will automatically apply itself at checkout completion until the balance is exhausted.

Kevin

Currently I do not have any advanced array logic built in to add more than one to the cart at a time, but as mentioned in a post somewhere earlier in this thread it is something I'm going to be looking into in the future when I have the time to sit down and mess with it. There is a volume discount on the site that functions globally and independent of any specific item or pre-set grouping of items, you can find the details at: OwnHammer Frequency Discount

Back
Top Bottom