Question For Cliff regarding the Buttery model...

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Today I was making a video demoing the factory patch and was referencing the wiki and it got me wondering, is the model that's in the Axe still the one you tuned by ear or did you ever get around to actually mimic'ing with a real amp or schematic? It sounds fantastic either way, I was just curious.

Yes, I still use that model a lot. One of my favorites. I have a SuperDrive 30 head (original series, very low serial number) that I had once exchanged a few messages with Cliff about sending it to him to model. He was interested, but for whatever reason it didn't happen. I'd still be willing to send it to him if he can locate a schematic.

Cliff has stated in the past it was tuned by ear. He listened to Matchbox Twenty and made and amp that sounds like that. I love the amp. I agree with simeon, I almost always keep the master at 10.

Cliff has stated in the past it was tuned by ear. He listened to Matchbox Twenty and made and amp that sounds like that. I love the amp. I agree with simeon, I almost always keep the master at 10.

Yeah, that's what the wiki said, just didn't know if he'd ever updated it.

I used to have a Superdrive as well, loved that amp.

One of my main amps I use, came back to it on FW15. Absolutely fantastic tone. I'd be interested to know if it has been reworked too.

Dunno the history of it, but I don't ever want to see it overhauled. It is one of my favorites for a long time now. If a new Budda ever gets MIMICed/added I'm hoping it be a new model or this model would at least be moved to "FAS Buttery" or similar.

I am assuming this is Jason... Love the demo videos. OCD'd me into playing around with the Fuchs Fox on the AFX2. Watching the Buttery Budda now. Always fun to see what people come up with. I almost posted a reply with how I was using the Fox. Did not want to steal your Thunder.... Keep up the great work . Please explain what you are using monitior wise. Not sure if you are recording direct or not.

Once again... Thanks

Wyzyguy

Today I was making a video demoing the factory patch and was referencing the wiki and it got me wondering, is the model that's in the Axe still the one you tuned by ear or did you ever get around to actually mimic'ing with a real amp or schematic? It sounds fantastic either way, I was just curious.

I am assuming this is Jason... Love the demo videos. OCD'd me into playing around with the Fuchs Fox on the AFX2. Watching the Buttery Budda now. Always fun to see what people come up with. I almost posted a reply with how I was using the Fox. Did not want to steal your Thunder.... Keep up the great work . Please explain what you are using monitior wise. Not sure if you are recording direct or not.

Once again... Thanks

Wyzyguy

yeah man, this is me..thanks for checking the vids out! I'm monitoring with my CLR but sending a direct signal to Logic then using that for the vids. In the first video I let some of the room sound in, but with the Buttery I used only the direct tone for the guitar. It's shocking how much brighter the tone will SEEM just because of the pick hitting the strings. I also didn't have my mice with my to get a good audio of my voice on the first go around. (i split time between Houston and Nashville, all of my gear stays in Nashville. This trip I remembered to bring stuff I might need, lol...

I'm going to do quite a few of these, trying to show off how versatile the Axe is, and how easy it is to get great tone just from a straight up factory preset. I will also do some setting up a preset from scratch and maybe showing some of the other cool ambient presets but I wanted to focus on these at first. Again, thanks so much for checking it out.

Yup. It's even more than that though. Tube amps are all roughly the same. You can make one sound pretty close to another with EQ. Shape the input, shape the output. Maybe play with the balance of preamp to power amp distortion.

That would be a great virtual control. A preamp / power amp distortion variable parameter. full CCW, all preamp distortion. full CW, all power amp distortion

Dunno the history of it, but I don't ever want to see it overhauled. It is one of my favorites for a long time now. If a new Budda ever gets MIMICed/added I'm hoping it be a new model or this model would at least be moved to "FAS Buttery" or similar.

I like this idea.

Too bad "FAS I can't believe it's not Buttery!" won't fit on the amp selection screen.

Back
Top Bottom