Coming Soon

How loud is the fan? :lol

I'm very curious to hear (pun intended) more about the cooling system for the DSP. Does the FX8 have a cooling fan(s)? If FAS can sufficiently cool one DSP in a floorboard format, it seems very plausible that a full Axe-FX with two DSPs could be a future floorboard product. Then, things would really hit the fan in the modeling world....

Any possibility of a rack version with more power coming in the future?

what kind of power?

as for the price, i'm gonna guess anywhere from $999 to $1399 - it depends on what features are available. an MFC-101 without much of a brain is $799.

so they could go $999 to try to get some of the lower-end market, or around $1399 for the pro g-system market.

but for the record, i'm going to guess $1299 list, $1259 on sale ;)

Yeah that was my first thought - G system killer

Holy Shitballs!!!

As a former G System user, I think the earlier poster is right, I don't know how much it will dent the HD500 market because that has modelling and I'm guessing this product is priced in the pro-gear category. But TC Electronic is probably doing a company-wide ass-pucker right now. They had a real market niche cornered with the G System. If the electronics in this thing are such that the signal and impedance issues that plague G System users don't exist, I can see a lot of G Systems heading to eBay soon. As much as I loved it, I had to have all kinds of noise reduction gear in my G System rig.

Hmmmmm... does this development delay push back the release of the EV-1? Noooooooooooooo!! That was Coming Soon too!!! Auuugggghhhhh :)

So with 2 expression pedal jacks. I'll be able to use 1 mission pedal with toe switch. One jack will be for the expression function, the other for the toe switch?

Or will it support 2 mission pedals?

Would be great to have a dedicated wah and dedicated volume pedal with two switches without having to give up the buttons on the board. *fingers crossed* :)

This has got to be no less than $999... I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was $1299 or tops $1499.

Did you notice the right side of the picture was cut off. Could it mean integrated expression pedal? Also the name might imply that there will be variations with more effects. fx8 ,fx12, fx16.
Exciting times...

Will it work on North American and European voltage? Or does it use a wall-wart? Seems like an ideal rig in a carry on bag, so I'm always curious of the electricity hassles involved.

Did you notice the right side of the picture was cut off. Could it mean integrated expression pedal? Also the name might imply that there will be variations with more effects. fx8 ,fx12, fx16.
Exciting times...

The right side is cut off because I shot the photo quick with a rangefinder camera at close range. Parallax error.

Back
Top Bottom