Coming Soon

This is going to be a game changer. I know a lot of guys that want and like the Axe-FX, but just can't afford it.

Cliff, can this work in harmony :D with an AxeFX II?

Meaning... can this somehow become an FX extension, allowing the rack unit to perform amp, cabs, dynamics and EQ processing and offload other FX to the FX8? :mrgreen

By this I mean where one unit can be master and other slave and patches created that use both units.

^^I agree, way bigger deal to me. This has me considering going back to the amp route at least at somepoint. FAS this is great stuff!

+1

I own an HD500, and it is fine, for what it is, unless I immediately play my Axe FX II. Of course a Fractal floor pedal's effects are going to be sonically superior and the in/out pathway quality will also be superior to a POD. The Marshall combo I have has 4 channels, and it also sounds sonically superior to the amp sims in the HD500. So this has me thinking that this new pedal could be in the loop of my Axe FX, in my rack, but also be on-call as my back-up with my Marshall Combo, if the rack stuff fails during a gig. OR, as intended, a scaled down, easy to transport 4CM system, but no compromises in sonic quality, "B-rig".

Cliff, can this work in harmony :D with an AxeFX II?

Meaning... can this somehow become an FX extension, allowing the rack unit to perform amp, cabs, dynamics and EQ processing and offload other FX to the FX8? :mrgreen

I'll wait for the official answer, but I don't think it will work the way you are suggesting, like, it won't bypass the digital to analog, and analog to digital converters between the two and allow for a completely digital interaction before going out at the end of the chain. But, yes, an integration in terms of the floor device being essentially, the effects portion of an Axe FX II. So you can do as you suggested - offload some of the workload or stack more stuff combined, and maintain effects quality and consistency.

I don't need nothing....except probably 2 of these things.....2 or 3 of the expression pedals Cliff teased us with a few months ago.....and this lamp.

I'm only cheering. Obviously you know what you're doing! I'm just excited for FAS. This will bring a lot more people into the FAS club.

I've been hearing about this for 4-5 years now. Glad to see its finally not vaporware. With an AxeFX II and an MFC and a Boomerang Phrase Sampler, I pretty much have 0 interest in this, but I imagine a lot of people will.

If it has modeling in it, I wonder if it will be Ultra-level modeling or competitive with the current generation of Fractal rack AxeFX's.

I'll wait for the official answer, but I don't think it will work the way you are suggesting, like, it won't bypass the digital to analog, and analog to digital converters between the two and allow for a completely digital interaction before going out at the end of the chain. But, yes, an integration in terms of the floor device being essentially, the effects portion of an Axe FX II. So you can do as you suggested - offload some of the workload or stack more stuff combined, and maintain effects quality and consistency.

Yeah, you could always use the 4-cable method with the Axe-Fx II itself and just balance the effects load where you need it. Both the Axe-Fx II and FX8 are MIDI capable so the MFC could probably easily control both at the same time.

Kudo's FAS, another phenomenal product with the best support and forum bar none. The effects are top notch and see plenty of sales and the FAS' s competitors having last second corporate meetings now and saying "oh shit"

Yeah, you could always use the 4-cable method with the Axe-Fx II itself and just balance the effects load where you need it. Both the Axe-Fx II and FX8 are MIDI capable so the MFC could probably easily control both at the same time.

What I'm thinking, and hoping, is that with a digital audio connection, and USB connection for data communication, is that there could be a mode that allows them to work in unison. Maybe a version of Axe Edit that allows then to be seen as one unit and patches created for that purpose.

Awesome Cliff, love seeing you release new products!!!! Will be eagerly awaiting more details and price:)

fx8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom