You Guys/Gals Are in for Another Treat

Hope to have a private beta soon.

I've finished about 15 amps, which is around 30-40 models. It will take several weeks to go through all the amps.

I finished the 57 Tweed Deluxe today and it's glorious. Clean to "Cinammon Girl" with the volume knob. I never appreciated that amp until I spent some serious time with it.

I've finished about 15 amps, which is around 30-40 models. It will take several weeks to go through all the amps.

I finished the 57 Tweed Deluxe today and it's glorious. Clean to "Cinammon Girl" with the volume knob. I never appreciated that amp until I spent some serious time with it.

Is this going to drastically change the sound of the amp models? You haven’t let me down yet. So I’m sure I’ll love the update. Just nervous because I love the way all the amp’s sound as is. But every firmware update has been for the best. So I’m probably just worrying over nothing

How can one apply?

We're MUCH kinder here than many of George's readers...
We've all been waiting a VERY LONG TIME for George to deliver. But you are correct.

That said, if Cygnus was still coming out in pieces in the year 2051, the FAS forums might get grumbly too. :)
Just don't let Dave and Dan get their hands on it.
Absolutely 100% spot on. Those two need to stay on their private islands and retire already. They've done enough damage.
Or Necrophagist?

Please, Necrophagist?
Sadly, that one is likely kaput.
Although with musicians trapped inside during the Pandemic, anything is possible?!?!?

The 5C3 with 6SC7 metal tubes is the funnest amp I've ever played and blown the output transformer of. People need to experience real sagging wapoosh at least once. Strum open E, wait for the sound to come back. Permagrin fun.
Yup, when you dime the controls and whack a big chord the sound "goes away" a bit just like the real amp and then comes back a bit later.

I was wondering about that, too - I'm guessing they're using some sort of sophisticated impulse response, meaning they can't simulate any effect of the amp that depends on previous state? For that matter, I'm not really sure how they can model non-linear effects.

I was wondering about that, too - I'm guessing they're using some sort of sophisticated impulse response, meaning they can't simulate any effect of the amp that depends on previous state? For that matter, I'm not really sure how they can model non-linear effects.
Probably similar to Kemper, which as I understand it picks one of several base models and tweaks its parameters. Don't see how else it could work.

Unless it's actually building some kind of neural network on the fly, but that seems unlikely, would probably need too much time and/or cpu. But then again I made that up.

Yup, when you dime the controls and whack a big chord the sound "goes away" a bit just like the real amp and then comes back a bit later.
If you ever model the Bogner Goldfinger 45 SL, that amp does this in spades at higher gain levels (especially with the gain boost engaged). It almost sounds like a gating effect, which strangely makes it more djent-friendly.

I understood this reference. Its been how many years?
My buddy ran into quite a few years ago and asked him about it, and Mohammed pretty much said never as that band is dead. He later reiterate d that in an interview I read somewhere.

I think he realized he waited too long and all the band's he inspired were doing what he wanted to do, and some a bit better.

I really, really appreciate this type of attention to detail. A lot of companies would "achieve" this by slapping a crude compressor effect into the preamp and calling it a day.

It's so great, that is one of my desert island amps... if I can only take 5-10 with me, that one would be on it! The '59 Bassman is too, combined with drive pedals that can do so many tones from clean to scream and it sings differently by guitar type too...

It's so great, that is one of my desert island amps... if I can only take 5-10 with me, that one would be on it! The '59 Bassman is too, combined with drive pedals that can do so many tones from clean to scream and it sings differently by guitar type too...
The 5E7 is one of my faves as well. Using all 3 knobs opens up a whole world of different tones, along with the concept of jumping channels or using the Microphone channel to get different sounds.

We've all been waiting a VERY LONG TIME for George to deliver. But you are correct.

That said, if Cygnus was still coming out in pieces in the year 2051, the FAS forums might get grumbly too. :)
Lol about 2051. Fortunately Cliff isn't George ;-)

And yea, it has been years for WoW. I just read the books this fall, so I'm fully saturated on GRRM for the moment.

Lol about 2051. Fortunately Cliff isn't George ;-)

And yea, it has been years for WoW. I just read the books this fall, so I'm fully saturated on GRRM for the moment.
I've been reading ASOIAF since 1999. Martin is worse than Jordan ever was. At this point, he should just let Sanderson take it over and finish up then story already, since once he passes on that's what'll probably happen anyways.

I've been reading ASOIAF since 1999. Martin is worse than Jordan ever was. At this point, he should just let Sanderson take it over and finish up then story already, since once he passes on that's what'll probably happen anyways.
I think GRRM has said it's in his will that he won't let anyone else finish the story, even give them the notes. Of course we know how D&D did with that, but that's a different story (literally ;-)

But to keep this thread somewhat on topic, I hear that Drogon can really chug! 🐲

Will you wait for all to be completed to release in public beta? Or it might take a few release to see all models updated?

Back
Top Bottom