You Guys/Gals Are in for Another Treat

Previous firmware updates that have made the amps more rude, aggressive, angry, raw, stinky, more unrefined were always the ones I've appreciated most, absolutely.
I have a sense that Cygnus will also be so much more dynamic and responsive...which I can't wait to try since my current tones are pretty sweet that way.
I wish that "polished" sound is really gone and not some kind of hyperbole. If that's true I foresee a tendonitis in the next weeks. How many hours can you play T.N.T and Riff Raff before your arms fall off? :D

In fact this is what I feel sometimes about these update like “forget what you have this one is 10 times better “ . So the sound we have with the 3 actually was not so good so ? 😶
The man and his company are constantly perfecting something they love. We’re fortunate, that we all chose the best platform. I trust his ears, technical expertise, and judgment better than my own. I haven’t missed my Kemper once. This and all the others, they cannot keep pace with Cliff Chase’s innovations. Further, I never need the next new thing because it is repeatedly handed to me.

Same i prefer the axe, the kemper sounds too synthetic to me . Then I believe my ears first as I do music since 30 years . Everyone got their sound tastes and experience so ... one guy cannot please everyone . But yes , that’s nice they always want to improve. I have the same philosophy building my presets . I am always tweaking them 😅

One of my most amusing moments at work was hearing a German and a Mexican trying to work on a project together for the first time (together as well as individually) trying to explain in very broken and heavily accented English how they wanted to accomplish their mutual goal. I assume it was eventually completed but, there was a LOT of things getting lost in translation while I was on the project.

Our house painters only spoke Portuguese, but one of them had a cousin who also spoke Spanish - so I'd talk to the cousin over the phone in my rusty high school Spanish, and he'd translate whatever I said to the painters. It worked out surprisingly ok.

I wish that "polished" sound is really gone and not some kind of hyperbole. If that's true I foresee a tendonitis in the next weeks. How many hours can you play T.N.T and Riff Raff before your arms fall off? :D

its a challenge because while the studio polished smoother label has always kind of stereotyped the Axe sound many do enjoy that
a lot of people i think say they want the more raw in the room tone but then they get closer and go “oh i liked it before “ if the polish and sheen is gone for good while i prefer that , you may see some confused users used to that specific refined tone
i for 1 do welcome the change

Well if the difference in sound is really so drastic and you preferred a more "polite" one of course you won't like it. I guess you can't please everyone. I don't know if that's possible but you could add a "polished mode" for people who liked that sound so everyone is happy

its a challenge because while the studio polished smoother label has always kind of stereotyped the Axe sound many do enjoy that
a lot of people i think say they want the more raw in the room tone but then they get closer and go “oh i liked it before “ if the polish and sheen is gone for good while i prefer that , you may see some confused users used to that specific refined tone
i for 1 do welcome the change
It's Cliff. It will sound good.

Going to be a while longer. I'm trying to salvage as much of the amp model data as possible to get a beta out but it's a lot of work.

And this morning I lost about an hour noodling on the Tucana Clean model.

I'd make a recording but my chops suck now and I'd just embarrass myself.

Going to be a while longer. I'm trying to salvage as much of the amp model data as possible to get a beta out but it's a lot of work.

And this morning I lost about an hour noodling on the Tucana Clean model.

I'd make a recording but my chops suck now and I'd just embarrass myself.
You take as long as you need Cliff, all good things come to those who wait :)

Here in eastern Washington there are people who drawl like they were born a thousand-odd miles south and east. Dunno why, but it definitely happens.
Same in Oregon. Too much country music in their upbringing. (Not that I didn't have that, but metal chased that influence out.)

Back
Top Bottom