You guys are in for another treat.

Just finished coding it. Sounds much better than the old algorithm. I put in a switch in the debug build to switch between the new and old algorithms and it's noticeably better.

What I realized with this epiphany is that tube amps are better for HiFi as well. I'm not a HiFi person but now I know why HiFi people prefer tube amps. They probably don't understand why it sounds better, they just know it sounds better.

This leads to a potential improvement for solid-state HiFi amplification: Current-mode Class-D. If you could make a Class-D amplifier that works in current mode instead of voltage mode you would get the same benefits as a tube amp for HiFi applications.
I love how you just casually drop a million dollar idea on the forum. 😂 Maybe you could find a way to sell the idea to a company that’s already in that market?

All these epiphanies....
The man is like House M.D...... Modelling Doctor
Your perseverance is just..... I have no words to describe it.
Thank you.
Most people would have been happy years ago when almost everyone couldn't distinguish the real thing from the AxeFx.
But you keep on going....
We're not worthy...
We'll I'm not.....

This. Line 6 products was a mainstay in rig over the past few decades. I was getting upset as a Helix owner not know when anything new was dropping or what was planned. Their forums are pretty closed and anytime I'd ask a question they would just refer to some generic tutorial video or something. The community here is what sold on buying FAS equipment until either they don't exist or I don't exist. The first won't happen because the product is too good :p
Line 6 has gone to large, infrequent releases. IMHO I think they're more focused on releasing new hardware (ex. the POD Go, etc...). Their core modeling and effects seem pretty static. They'll addd new models and effects but I can't remember them updating a model (I could be wrong here).

View attachment 80411
wow! am down for some manifestation of a devine or supernatural being - not sure about the other stuff
There is also this

What does it mean to have an epiphany?
3a(1) : a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something. (2) : an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking. (3) : an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure.

So I'm NOT the only that does that when I find a new toy/parameter to play with... :D

It really does help find the sweet spots.
I was completely joking when I said could we have the ability to adjust the voice coil radiation in real time with a parameter that could work with an expression pedal.

It would not surprise me though if it one day it happened with all the crazy things this unit can already do.

I was completely joking when I said could we have the ability to adjust the voice coil radiation in real time with a parameter that could work with an expression pedal.

It would not surprise me though if it one day it happened with all the crazy things this unit can already do.

I'm not joking at all. It's pretty handy being able to sweep through a parameter while playing. I do it all the time when tweaking things. If the option is there I'll use it.

Back
Top Bottom