York Audio Presents: The Bipolar Pack

@York Audio - Just brilliant. Love the AC15 IRs. AC20, DC30 and Vox type amps sound brilliant. Mix 1,7 and 9 are my faves so far.

I feel like kicking myself for wasting 3 months and not buying this cab pack.

Have a few questions - will PM u.

Last edited:
Love this cab pack and have been playing with the Producer mixes. Is there a doc that says what the Producer mixes 1-15 are? Apologies if I missed it.
  • Producer Mixes - Multi-mic mixes that span the entire mic collection.

@York Audio - Just brilliant. Love the AC15 IRs. AC20, DC30 and Vox type amps sound brilliant. Mix 6,7 and 9 are my faves so far.

I feel like kicking myself for wasting 3 months and not buying this cab pack.

Have a few questions - will PM u.
I’m so pleased that it’s working well for you! Feel free to send me those questions if you still need some assistance. If not, enjoy playing your guitar!

Love this cab pack and have been playing with the Producer mixes. Is there a doc that says what the Producer mixes 1-15 are? Apologies if I missed it.
  • Producer Mixes - Multi-mic mixes that span the entire mic collection.
I’m glad the Producer Mixes are working well for you. There isn’t a doc that lists out the specific mics used in each mix. I wanted to keep that part mostly private so others wouldn’t attempt to duplicate my work, but I have all of the recipes handwritten in my studio notebook in case anyone wants me to repeat them for future releases. Each mix contains different mics and positions with various levels designed for each specific cab. Some of the combinations wouldn’t fit in a single file name, so I just called them Mix 1-15 to simplify the experience. When I get back to the US, I’ll check out those mixes you mentioned. I’m really curious to see which mix combinations you preferred.

Thanks. I’ll post my favs but right now I am digging the recto mix 4 for high gain. Maybe you can pm the mix to me when you get back. I dont need to know the ratios. I’m just curious. I will keep it to myself.

Maybe a dumb question but I saw a little of this info in one of your earlier posts. Where are setting low / high cut on the cab block for both the Recto and Class A mixes when running these live? Any other EQ manipulation? These sound great but I've struggled getting things to sit right in the mix lately...Running direct to FOH with IEM's 100% of the time.

Maybe a dumb question but I saw a little of this info in one of your earlier posts. Where are setting low / high cut on the cab block for both the Recto and Class A mixes when running these live? Any other EQ manipulation? These sound great but I've struggled getting things to sit right in the mix lately...Running direct to FOH with IEM's 100% of the time.

That’s not a dumb question at all. Personally, set the Recto cuts at 85Hz and 12k and the Class A at 100Hz and 12k. As far as additional EQ manipulation, I have our FOH guy record my tones and then I see where he makes cuts to sit well with our singer, then I make adjustments in the Amp Block graphic EQ so he ends up having a sound that’s “faders up perfect.” For dirty, I use the Atomica High and cut about .75-1.25 dB in the 1-2k range and cut a little out of 250Hz as well. This gets the tone out of the way of the vocals and sits better with the bass. For my clean stuff, I think I have a tiny cut around 3k.

It varies from band to band and player to player, but that method works really well for our group. Trust your sound guy and he can give you some good advice on what to tweak to make you sit perfectly in a band context.

Also, I can’t stress enough how valuable it is to create an EQ curve on your IEM master to flatten out your mix. Most IEMs have boosts or cuts in order to make them more exciting, but they kill your ability to truly hear what you’re sending to FOH and how you’re blending with the band.

That’s not a dumb question at all. Personally, set the Recto cuts at 85Hz and 12k and the Class A at 100Hz and 12k. As far as additional EQ manipulation, I have our FOH guy record my tones and then I see where he makes cuts to sit well with our singer, then I make adjustments in the Amp Block graphic EQ so he ends up having a sound that’s “faders up perfect.” For dirty, I use the Atomica High and cut about .75-1.25 dB in the 1-2k range and cut a little out of 250Hz as well. This gets the tone out of the way of the vocals and sits better with the bass. For my clean stuff, I think I have a tiny cut around 3k.

It varies from band to band and player to player, but that method works really well for our group. Trust your sound guy and he can give you some good advice on what to tweak to make you sit perfectly in a band context.

Also, I can’t stress enough how valuable it is to create an EQ curve on your IEM master to flatten out your mix. Most IEMs have boosts or cuts in order to make them more exciting, but they kill your ability to truly hear what you’re sending to FOH and how you’re blending with the band.

Thank you so much. This helps...I play several different gigs with the same general setup in 1000-2500 person rooms and I'm trying to make things as simple as possible and global as possible for ease of use. Funny enough, I am using the Atomica too and have changed my patches to use your mixes.

Last edited:
@York Audio any word on that black back ir you teased us with?

You mean a full pack of that cab? I have some cool ideas for that one. I’m going to switch some stuff up for my future releases, so I’m working on a new feature set and playing with the idea of more multi-cab packs or just single cabs. That London City is my touring live cab at the moment, so I rarely get to have it home where I can shoot it in its entirety, but I’ll definitely do something with it this year. I’ve got a ton of test files for that one and it’s pretty awesome!

Thank you so much. This helps...I've play several different gigs with the same general setup in 1000-2500 person rooms and I'm trying to make things as simple as possible and global as possible for ease of use. Funny enough, I am using the Atomica too and have changed my patches to use your mixes.

Man that’s awesome! What mix are you using for the Atomica? Mix 1 and Mix 4 have been my favorites. I’m currently using Mix 1, but I tried Mix 4 yesterday and it blew me away!

.....Hey Justin, it is really great this pack is getting the love it deserves,...I’ve been using it increasingly myself,
In large part due to @2112 Leon’s enthusiastic use of it in his presets...and speaking of things Australian, I guess you are gearing up for your band’s SE Asia/ Australia/ NZ tour next week..and wish you much fun and Don Julio....I wonder how many folks here may not realize that the band you tour is one of he biggest In the world (tn their perhaps youthful demographic), PARAMORE...and it made me laugh a little when you gave the advice to trust your sound guy..from what I heard when i went to see Paramores superb show late last year, you’ve got one of the best..I bet some of us may not have had the same experience in some of the fine S holes of the circuits (such as they are anymore...) Anyway, hope to run into ya again sometime soon. And you Aussie folk should try to. Catch this tour...!

Last edited:
Man that’s awesome! What mix are you using for the Atomica? Mix 1 and Mix 4 have been my favorites. I’m currently using Mix 1, but I tried Mix 4 yesterday and it blew me away!

I've been using 1 and 7...need to try 4. I've also toyed with a Stereo Hi Res with 1 and the one of the SM7 individual mic IR's. I ended up going back to 1 and 7 depending on the patch

.....Hey Justin, it is really great this pack is getting the love it deserves,...I’ve been using it increasingly myself,
In large part due to @2112 Leon’s enthusiastic use of it in his presets...and speaking of things Australian, I guess you are gearing up for your band’s SE Asia/ Australia/ NZ tour next week..and wish you much fun and Don Julio....I wonder how many folks here may not realize that the band you tour is one of he biggest In the world (tn their perhaps youthful demographic), PARAMORE...and it made me laugh a little when you gave the advice to trust your sound guy..from what I heard when i went to see Paramores superb show late last year, you’ve got one of the best..I bet some of us may not have had the same experience in some of the fine S holes of the circuits (such as they are anymore...) Anyway, hope to run into ya again sometime soon. And you Aussie folk should try to. Catch this tour...!

I've been an 80-90s pure rocker and now into church music. Have not been into new music. I looked up Paramore and really dig the music. Didn't realize how big they are till this post. What is really nice is Justin @York Audio taking the time to help out fellow guitar slingers. Great stuff Justin - will try and catch your show in Sydney.

You mean a full pack of that cab? I have some cool ideas for that one. I’m going to switch some stuff up for my future releases, so I’m working on a new feature set and playing with the idea of more multi-cab packs or just single cabs. That London City is my touring live cab at the moment, so I rarely get to have it home where I can shoot it in its entirety, but I’ll definitely do something with it this year. I’ve got a ton of test files for that one and it’s pretty awesome!
I'm waiting for the blackback too

I've been an 80-90s pure rocker and now into church music. Have not been into new music. I looked up Paramore and really dig the music. Didn't realize how big they are till this post. What is really nice is Justin @York Audio taking the time to help out fellow guitar slingers. Great stuff Justin - will try and catch your show in Sydney.

I ended up going to the Paramore concert in Sydney and had the privilege of hanging out with Justin York for a bit before the concert.
It was an arena gig packed with Paramore fans.
Justin was using a new cab pack (that he is working on) for this gig and it really sounded big and cut through the mix really well.

Look forward to the new cab pack @York Audio

I ended up going to the Paramore concert in Sydney and had the privilege of hanging out with Justin York for a bit before the concert.
It was an arena gig packed with Paramore fans.
Justin was using a new cab pack (that he is working on) for this gig and it really sounded big and cut through the mix really well.

Look forward to the new cab pack @York Audio

Hey Lenny, it was great getting to hang with you before the show! And thanks for the kind words about the tone that night. I’ve got a few things lined up as far as future packs go, but right now it’s fun giving out some freebies for y’all to play with while I’m sorting things out. I just bought a new cab last night that I’ve been searching for for quite a while and can’t wait to start shooting it too. I’ll probably post a freebie for that one to see if anyone can guess what it is once I’ve done some test shots with it.

I’m glad the Producer Mixes are working well for you. There isn’t a doc that lists out the specific mics used in each mix. I wanted to keep that part mostly private so others wouldn’t attempt to duplicate my work, but I have all of the recipes handwritten in my studio notebook in case anyone wants me to repeat them for future releases. Each mix contains different mics and positions with various levels designed for each specific cab. Some of the combinations wouldn’t fit in a single file name, so I just called them Mix 1-15 to simplify the experience. When I get back to the US, I’ll check out those mixes you mentioned. I’m really curious to see which mix combinations you preferred.

On the Recto cab...mixes 1, 2 & 7 are glorious.

I love that you guys are still vibing with these mixes. I’ve got a ton of new cabs I’m itching to release and I’m thinking about putting up some test files and creating a poll to see which cabs you want first. I’ve got an Orange 4x12, Orange 2x12, Zilla Fatboy, Marshall checkerboard 4x12, Park 4x12, Supro Black Magick, and a ‘64 Blackface Deluxe Reverb along with a ton of new speakers. It’s going to be an exciting time and I’m really looking forward to everyone’s feedback to see what you guys are looking for. I’m currently on the road, so my time is limited, but hopefully I’ll be able to make a little care package soon to see what you all gravitate towards. Thanks for all of the support with the Bipolar pack, and just know that more cool things are coming as soon as I get off the road and can start shooting again.

Back
Top Bottom