York Audio Presents: The Bipolar Pack

Hey Justin. Wondering if you will ever share some tips on amps that pair well with your cabs and maybe share presets to use with them. I plan on buying your pack this week.

I'm not opposed to making some presets to use with these cabs. I think it would be pretty fun, and I've thought about posting some of my Paramore presets in case anyone was interested. Since we're touring a bunch, I'm doing most of my home Fractal work on my AX8, but when I can get my hands on my Axe II XL, I'll see if I can dive into it and pass along some treats.

As for amps, I think the Class-A 15 sounds great with any Voxy type of amp (AC20, AC15, AC30, DC30...etc), but I also like it with the CJ11 and some Fenders. The AC20 is definitely my favorite though.
The RECTO sounds great with any high gain model. I personally like using it with the Atomica, Friedman HBE, Mesa Mark series, and the Brit 800 #34. I've heard some killer clips of it being used with the Recto, CCV, PVH, JVM, and 5153 models as well.

Sounds great. I always enjoy looking at presets to learn things from. You can always post the ax8 presets and I can convert.

I'm not opposed to making some presets to use with these cabs. I think it would be pretty fun, and I've thought about posting some of my Paramore presets in case anyone was interested. Since we're touring a bunch, I'm doing most of my home Fractal work on my AX8, but when I can get my hands on my Axe II XL, I'll see if I can dive into it and pass along some treats.

As for amps, I think the Class-A 15 sounds great with any Voxy type of amp (AC20, AC15, AC30, DC30...etc), but I also like it with the CJ11 and some Fenders. The AC20 is definitely my favorite though.
The RECTO sounds great with any high gain model. I personally like using it with the Atomica, Friedman HBE, Mesa Mark series, and the Brit 800 #34. I've heard some killer clips of it being used with the Recto, CCV, PVH, JVM, and 5153 models as well.

Last edited:
Grabbed this pack yesterday after coming across Leon Todd's excellent vids on YouTube. I'm really loving it so far. The 412 mixes are so versatile that ive not even loaded up the 212 yet.

It's a keeper for me!!!

P.s. would love to see a present or 2 :)

You guys are the best! Thanks for kind words! And @2112 Leon, thanks for your videos. I really love hearing what you do with these cabs.

We just started another European tour and I’ve been messing around with some of the Recto mixes for my dirty tone. Still trying to decide between Mix 1 and Mix 12 which are both 57/121 mixes. Mix 1 is a bit fuller sounding and Mix 12 cuts a little more. At the moment, I’ve played the past two shows with Mix 1. Low cut at 85 and high cut around 12-14k and it’s been pretty ballsy.

The Class-A 15 has been great too. I’ve been using 57M A, Mix 9, and Mix 12 a lot with Morgan, Fender, and Supro models and it’s been killer! I’m still so happy with how this pack turned out, and I’ve got some plans for some cool new stuff to come out this year.

Sweet. Feel free to share some presets if you can.

You guys are the best! Thanks for kind words! And @2112 Leon, thanks for your videos. I really love hearing what you do with these cabs.

We just started another European tour and I’ve been messing around with some of the Recto mixes for my dirty tone. Still trying to decide between Mix 1 and Mix 12 which are both 57/121 mixes. Mix 1 is a bit fuller sounding and Mix 12 cuts a little more. At the moment, I’ve played the past two shows with Mix 1. Low cut at 85 and high cut around 12-14k and it’s been pretty ballsy.

The Class-A 15 has been great too. I’ve been using 57M A, Mix 9, and Mix 12 a lot with Morgan, Fender, and Supro models and it’s been killer! I’m still so happy with how this pack turned out, and I’ve got some plans for some cool new stuff to come out this year.

@York Audio - Do you have a free sample mix IR to try?

Back
Top Bottom