IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
all this talk about the new KW pack, I had to investigate the older M20 pack as I like all of the Marshall offerings from York. another winner. Reminds me of the OH GNR when blending 121-5 and 57-1.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe this would be easier to track if you set it up as a poll ? just a suggestion maybe post 5 options that you were thinking about and see what people think or pick the top 5 that get repeated in this thread and post a poll later in the week
I’m taking notes of things you guys are interested in. There are too many cab and speaker options in my collection to make a poll, so it’s more about seeing what interests you guys and going from there. The DynaCab process takes a VERY long time. Something that would normally take me about 12 hours of capturing time to complete takes almost 60 hours of capturing time in the DynaCab world… and that’s for a single speaker that doesn’t include time needed to make Mixes or recapturing a mic I didn’t like or deciding to add one or two more that sound great on that cab. Double that amount of time for a dual speaker pack and we’re talking about logging in some serious hours.

It’ll be a learning process as I go, but as always, the feedback and suggestions I get from you all (cabs, speakers, mics, etc.) are helpful when trying to assess what players need and want.

I’m taking notes of things you guys are interested in. There are too many cab and speaker options in my collection to make a poll, so it’s more about seeing what interests you guys and going from there. The DynaCab process takes a VERY long time. Something that would normally take me about 12 hours of capturing time to complete takes almost 60 hours of capturing time in the DynaCab world… and that’s for a single speaker that doesn’t include time needed to make Mixes or recapturing a mic I didn’t like or deciding to add one or two more that sound great on that cab. Double that amount of time for a dual speaker pack and we’re talking about logging in some serious hours.

It’ll be a learning process as I go, but as always, the feedback and suggestions I get from you all (cabs, speakers, mics, etc.) are helpful when trying to assess what players need and want.
Hey Justin, I can only speak for myself but the benefit of the dyna cab functionality is all about the ease of tweaking. Your IRs are fundamentally excellent but the former mechanism of choosing files one by one or even using the scratchpad is not very streamlined. Being able to make micro adjustments on the microphone would be all I would ever need to add a little more heft or sizzle as the need arises. As a feature request, whenever your offering comes out it would be cool if there was a drop down menu with all of your preferred locatiions. I know you work hard to choose the exact locations that you think work, and as your IRs are so popular, it's definitely working for you.

My suggestion would be (at the start) to focus on cabs not covered by Fractal, or ones that are so special to you to be worthy even though Fractal has a version too.

Interesting that you mentioned mixes in the context of a DynaCab pack.

I was thinking it would be very cool to have mixes as saved sessions within the pack rather than IRs, so we could potentially start from there and tweak even further. Or if nothing else, learn from them similar to examining the presets of others.

I'm really looking forward to trying out what you come up with!

Interesting that you mentioned mixes in the context of a DynaCab pack.

I was thinking it would be very cool to have mixes as saved sessions within the pack rather than IRs, so we could potentially start from there and tweak even further. Or if nothing else, learn from them similar to examining the presets of others.

I'm really looking forward to trying out what you come up with!

Interesting thought. I was thinking Justin could just include some traditional IRs for the mixes, but your idea is better, since it's tweakable.

I don't have any names but I'd happily buy something with very precise and snappy attack, very focused, while both chimey and smooth!
Modern JTC-sound, as my monkey says
best friends aladdin GIF by Disney

Just checking back into this thread to see about the York Dyna cabs , fingers crossed we see one or 2 before the end of the year

For experienced York Audio IR users. What are your go-to IRS from each of the york audio packs? i find i'm always reaching for either mix01 or mix02. I actually have IRs from different york audio packs of only mix01 and mix02. So i just cycle thru a few irs before settling on what i like. Which is either the mix01 or mix 02 from the Mesa 412 OS-v2 pack or from the Mesa 212 V30. What packs and specific irs are your go-to's?

For experienced York Audio IR users. What are your go-to IRS from each of the york audio packs? i find i'm always reaching for either mix01 or mix02. I actually have IRs from different york audio packs of only mix01 and mix02. So i just cycle thru a few irs before settling on what i like. Which is either the mix01 or mix 02 from the Mesa 412 OS-v2 pack or from the Mesa 212 V30. What packs and specific irs are your go-to's?
I really like the Marshall MV30, but I find Mix 06 of both cabs blended to be marvellous for me in that pack. Usually, like you, I can pick from the first 1 or 2 and be done, so that one sticks out to me. Never had it sound bad with any amp.

I really like the Marshall MV30, but I find Mix 06 of both cabs blended to be marvellous for me in that pack. Usually, like you, I can pick from the first 1 or 2 and be done, so that one sticks out to me. Never had it sound bad with any amp.
Do you prefer MV30a or MV30b? i favor MV30a

I love the YA stuff too and I do hope to see some Dynacab options soon. I would think though his predicament is releasing a labor intense product to a smaller market as it would be exclusive to FAS in some way. Do a new cab he hasn’t done before or a 2.0 version of one he’s already done?

The dynacabs for me have not quite turned out to be the universal Swiss Army Knife. I still go back to the YA versions because they sound different.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Back
Top Bottom