IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Thanks for the heads up Khawk! Even though I haven't been a V30 guy, all the reviews have piqued my interest to try the dual cab pack. I found a guy with Marshall G12-65's, but we're too far away on price...fingers crossed I'll be using the York version this year :)

Last edited:
I got the M65 and DV77 packs with the New Years discount code, wow, love them both. Thanks for the discount, though your prices are very reasonable anyway.

I had been running my AF3 through a PS170 and real cabs since I got it in 2018. I started to dive more into using the cab block after FW16 dropped, and I already had a ton of of IRs from OH and others from my Helix and Amplifier days (I have been trying to make modeling work for me since the L6 bean days).

I first tried the YA IRs in early 2021, started with Justin's free samples he has shared on the forum. The Alnico Cream mix test is still one of my go to IRs, and it sounds really close to my real Alnico Cream in an oversized 1x12 open back cab, very close. I've had the Celestion cream alnico pack for a few years, and this one test mix IR so much better. The M25 in the GoT bundle is really great too. I only use YA cabs now.

Bought the "light" mesa 2x12 pack as my first purchase. The YA IRs just sound more real to me. I have bought several packs, the Vox 2x12/ Friedman/5153/BlackBack, and love them all. I find that if I start with the mixes I can find a great cab without going down a long IR rabbit hole. I also usually try it with all of my main presets and now have my faves save on the different cab block channels so I can quickly change it up.

Thanks again for the info and great tones, hope to see a full cream alnico cab pack some day, though I'm super happy with the packs I already have.

Since talking about your Diezel cab, Justin, are a a few month ago. Anything new about the capturing/release process of a mighty YA Diezel pack?

And yes, I still can't wait for the Demon speakers, just as a friendly reminder :sweatsmile:

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!
I only have experience with the k100 in the IR realm and
never liked the k100 by itself, but it is always amazing to blend with a v30

Also as the one who made you buy them im eagerly waiting for those demon speakers (and the lynchbacks too)
I put a great pair of V30s in the Diezel and the X-pattern with the K100s sounds phenomenal. That cab went from “I’ll get to it at some point” to being one of the top items on my to-do list.

I put a great pair of V30s in the Diezel and the X-pattern with the K100s sounds phenomenal. That cab went from “I’ll get to it at some point” to being one of the top items on my to-do list.
How well for 2006-2016 Heavy Rock tones you think that cab will be? I’ve mentioned before but the Herbie is my go to amp.

@York Audio Hey man..LOVE your IR's...been using them for a while. I tend to gravitate towards the Princeton for a Mike Campbell vibe matched with my tele. I've been using your 110 OX Mix 10 for a while. However, I just...by accident...flipped the cab to the Mtch 212 BLND Mix 03 and it seems to tame the low end and focuses the mids in a good way. I know the answer is whatever sounds good to me...but curious if this is something you see all the time in the real world with Princetons? Or are my ears just messing with me? :). Thanks man!!

Oh...also..I noticed my file for the matchless was downloaded back in 2020 as V1.02...and my Princeton Ox is V1. Are we able to update these to the latest capture...or is that a new purchase? Sorry if this has been asked.

@York Audio Hey man..LOVE your IR's...been using them for a while. I tend to gravitate towards the Princeton for a Mike Campbell vibe matched with my tele. I've been using your 110 OX Mix 10 for a while. However, I just...by accident...flipped the cab to the Mtch 212 BLND Mix 03 and it seems to tame the low end and focuses the mids in a good way. I know the answer is whatever sounds good to me...but curious if this is something you see all the time in the real world with Princetons? Or are my ears just messing with me? :). Thanks man!!

Oh...also..I noticed my file for the matchless was downloaded back in 2020 as V1.02...and my Princeton Ox is V1. Are we able to update these to the latest capture...or is that a new purchase? Sorry if this has been asked.
Thanks for the kind words! The PRNC pack naturally has a lot of low end, scooped Fender mids, and sparkly top end. The MTCH is is pretty much the opposite with more controlled lows, prominent mids, and a tamed top end due to the cabinet’s construction. There’s no wrong way to combine amps and cabs. You just tend to like the sound of a Fender through a Matchless cab. :)

The pack version numbers only change if there’s an update to the manual or a file that that doesn’t work properly with a specific unit, but there hasn’t been any file issues when using Fractal products, so you’re good. The Matchless pack you have is the older V1 version. The newer V2 pack is a different product captured from a different physical cabinet. Since that pack is a separate product and not an update, it needs to be purchased if anyone wants to experience the V2 version.

I hope this helps, and have a great day!

Wondering if anybody could recommend where to start with Marshall cab packs? I'm not traditionally a Marshall player, but the Axe FX has made it feasible for me to try Plexis and the JTM-45, and those have blown me away. I've got a rig set up for my worship team now that's just blending the JTM-45, the 1987x, and a 59 Superlead, and it's one of my favourite sounds I've ever heard — but I'm certain the IRs could be better.

As far as IRs go, I'm using two factory 70s Greenback IRs for those sounds. Sometimes I add in Mix 01 from the $1 Mesa 212 pack for a little more clarity and grunt. I love that IR.

I have no idea if I should be looking at an M65, M25, or MV30. The M25 seemed like a great Greenback sound, and I figure I could blend it with the Mesa 212 to get a blended V30/Greenback thing if need me. The M65 also sounds good, but I am unsure what sort of sounds it's suited for. The MV30 sounds amazing, but I wonder if it would sound a little too modern for Plexis and Bluesbreaker-style sounds. I will note I really dislike the fizzy high end you hear in a lot of modern Marshall cabs (the JCM 800 and its brethren are very much not my thing).

I'm somewhat resigned to probably getting all the cabs at some point, or at least either the M65 or M25 and the MV30, but I don't know where to start based on what I'm noodling with now.

Edit: sorry, a quick edit to add that when I'm not playing on the worship team or pretending to be Jimmy Page with a Superlead, I'm often playing into a 5150 or JP2C model and pretending I'm James Hetfield. The Mesa sounds incredible there, and I'm certain a good Marshall IR would sound great with the 5150 too (the Mesa isn't quite right for that amp).

For more Vintagey tones I am digging the Blackback pack. For Less Vintagey the Newest Marsh Pack w V30s are good. I’ve been working on a NWOBHM project and the V30b mix 11 has been catching my ear.

Also the 5153 cab pack can play well with Marshall’s in my opinion.

Wondering if anybody could recommend where to start with Marshall cab packs? I'm not traditionally a Marshall player, but the Axe FX has made it feasible for me to try Plexis and the JTM-45, and those have blown me away. I've got a rig set up for my worship team now that's just blending the JTM-45, the 1987x, and a 59 Superlead, and it's one of my favourite sounds I've ever heard — but I'm certain the IRs could be better.

As far as IRs go, I'm using two factory 70s Greenback IRs for those sounds. Sometimes I add in Mix 01 from the $1 Mesa 212 pack for a little more clarity and grunt. I love that IR.

I have no idea if I should be looking at an M65, M25, or MV30. The M25 seemed like a great Greenback sound, and I figure I could blend it with the Mesa 212 to get a blended V30/Greenback thing if need me. The M65 also sounds good, but I am unsure what sort of sounds it's suited for. The MV30 sounds amazing, but I wonder if it would sound a little too modern for Plexis and Bluesbreaker-style sounds. I will note I really dislike the fizzy high end you hear in a lot of modern Marshall cabs (the JCM 800 and its brethren are very much not my thing).

I'm somewhat resigned to probably getting all the cabs at some point, or at least either the M65 or M25 and the MV30, but I don't know where to start based on what I'm noodling with now.

Edit: sorry, a quick edit to add that when I'm not playing on the worship team or pretending to be Jimmy Page with a Superlead, I'm often playing into a 5150 or JP2C model and pretending I'm James Hetfield. The Mesa sounds incredible there, and I'm certain a good Marshall IR would sound great with the 5150 too (the Mesa isn't quite right for that amp).
All three of the packs you mentioned sound great with Plexi tones… they just have their own individual flavor. The MRSH 412 MV30-Dual pack is really versatile and would be great for your high gain stuff. It actually sounds fantastic with a Plexi or 800 as well for vintage style tones, so that’s one I’d easily recommend.

The YORK 212 M65 is a Swiss Army knife pack that sounds great with any amp you throw at it, but it isn’t the classic Marshall tone you’re probably after. It sounds great with high gain amps, vintage amps, and clean amps though and is a staple pack for a lot of players.

The MRSH 412 M25 is more of your classic Marshall tone. I have a bunch of pro players that use that pack with their Plexis and LOVE it.

And as @stm113 mentioned, the 5153 412 VH20 pack is also great for Marshall tones since that speaker is a 20w Greenback.

Hopefully this helps. You’ve got some great options to play with and I know you’ll create some killer tones with whatever packs you decide to pick up.

The YORK 212 M65 is a Swiss Army knife pack that sounds great with any amp you throw at it, but it isn’t the classic Marshall tone you’re probably after. It sounds great with high gain amps, vintage amps, and clean amps though and is a staple pack for a lot of players.
I heard the clean M65 demo on your Soundclound and was reminded of the big bottom end of a traditional Mesa 412, and the crunchy sound has a bit of a Marshall brightness and flavour to it (to my ears), while retaining the tightness of the Mesa Trad 412. But it sounds a hair brighter than that. I'm thinking the M65 would probably be a great Greenback complement to the Mesa 212, based on the demos. Is that something that sounds right based on general usage and feedback, or am I reading too much into the brief demos?

That M25 does sound great, but you're right that it feels like it does just the Marshall thing.

I heard the clean M65 demo on your Soundclound and was reminded of the big bottom end of a traditional Mesa 412, and the crunchy sound has a bit of a Marshall brightness and flavour to it (to my ears), while retaining the tightness of the Mesa Trad 412. But it sounds a hair brighter than that. I'm thinking the M65 would probably be a great Greenback complement to the Mesa 212, based on the demos. Is that something that sounds right based on general usage and feedback, or am I reading too much into the brief demos?

That M25 does sound great, but you're right that it feels like it does just the Marshall thing.
You’re not reading too much into the demos. :) We hear what we hear and there isn’t a wrong way to describe how something sounds to you.

The MRSH M25 is definitely a classic Marshall sound, but if it helps, I actually used the Solo 100 Lead model for that clip, so it’s not just for Marshall amp models.

Most of the high gain clips on my site use the Solo 100 Lead, so that should help you hear some of the tonal differences you get from the cab using the same amp.

The Creambacks have a low-mid thump to me that makes them sound like a more modern M25 Greenback. I pair the 160-2 M65 IR with the stock Rumble 4x12 57A (thanks Cooper Carter) and get a fantastic sound that works with every amp sim I play live (Band-Commander, AC20, Deluxe Reverb, Atomica High). It is absolutely a Swiss Army knife cab that would be a great place to start.

I ended up buying the MV30 and the M25. The M25 isn’t totally my thing (I don’t have enough experience with Marshalls to know what I like), but it sounds nicer than most stock greenbacks.

The MV30 is unbelievable. It’s so good. Sounds totally delightful. Love it.

I ended up buying the MV30 and the M25. The M25 isn’t totally my thing (I don’t have enough experience with Marshalls to know what I like), but it sounds nicer than most stock greenbacks.

The MV30 is unbelievable. It’s so good. Sounds totally delightful. Love it.
Personally, I find the EVH pack is my favorite "Greenback" pack. The M65 is also really good and has a similar flavor. Lately, I've actually been mixing the M65 and MV30 packs with great results.

Back
Top Bottom