IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I'd love to see a combo pack (like the Friedman) of the York Cab with a Greenback & Vintage 30; or a Classic Lead 80.
Ahhh, but if you could only pick one version of the Greenback and V30, which ones would you choose? THAT’S the question. The wild thing is that I still have several versions of each speaker I haven’t captured yet, so there’s a lot of experimenting to do if I did a single YORK M25/V30 pack.

I really do need to make more packs with that cab.

Would love to see just the mix files of all the released IR cabs in a package.🙂
In all honesty, I probably wouldn’t do anything like that since the packs are already super cheap as they are for what you get. Someone could buy every pack on the site just for the Mixes folders and it would still be cheaper than buying a single real cabinet… let alone buying every amp/cabinet, all the mics, and the outboard gear and knowhow needed to create the IRs.

I like the idea of creating bundles at some point though. Something like that could be a possibility.

Hey Justin, absolutely love your IRs. Total Fracking Awesome and without Peer.

Cautiously starting off with the MES 212 V30 $1 which is an excellent entree into your magnificent work.

Then of course down the amazing rabbit hole of so many of your amazing Cab captures.

At the moment the M20 is my favorite, as it most matches my 2008 ENGL 212VHB, closely followed by the MES 212 V30. For me, the Low end is massive and tight, and the mids sing, from clean to mean.

5153 FDMAN Black Jack, Bogna, and ORNG are also killers, which so many options and combinations possible to make exquisite tones of glory.

I've still got so many more cabs to check out, its a task in itself, but I am looking forward to a sonic odyssey with each of them

Thank you for your artistry, ears, and attention to detail in the process of capturing amazing cabinets.

Hi Justin! I'd like to ask you some advice about getting more natural and ambient sound with your IRs.

I found that on some Pink Floyd's multitracks the guitar sounds like it's placed somewhere in a room and mic'ed with several mics (well, yeah, every PF fan knows that Gilmour used to capture ambient sound from his guitar).

So my question:
I'm using HWAT pack and there are some ROOM IRs. What would be your recommendation in using an IRs with SM57 (for example) and one of the room IRs? Hard left and right or no panning at all (or anything else)?

Hey Justin, absolutely love your IRs. Total Fracking Awesome and without Peer.

Cautiously starting off with the MES 212 V30 $1 which is an excellent entree into your magnificent work.

Then of course down the amazing rabbit hole of so many of your amazing Cab captures.

At the moment the M20 is my favorite, as it most matches my 2008 ENGL 212VHB, closely followed by the MES 212 V30. For me, the Low end is massive and tight, and the mids sing, from clean to mean.

5153 FDMAN Black Jack, Bogna, and ORNG are also killers, which so many options and combinations possible to make exquisite tones of glory.

I've still got so many more cabs to check out, its a task in itself, but I am looking forward to a sonic odyssey with each of them

Thank you for your artistry, ears, and attention to detail in the process of capturing amazing cabinets.
Thanks for saying all of that. It means a lot to hear these things are making a difference and that you’re having so much fun exploring them! :)

Hi Justin! I'd like to ask you some advice about getting more natural and ambient sound with your IRs.

I found that on some Pink Floyd's multitracks the guitar sounds like it's placed somewhere in a room and mic'ed with several mics (well, yeah, every PF fan knows that Gilmour used to capture ambient sound from his guitar).

So my question:
I'm using HWAT pack and there are some ROOM IRs. What would be your recommendation in using an IRs with SM57 (for example) and one of the room IRs? Hard left and right or no panning at all (or anything else)?
That pack came out before I started making stereo room captures, so if you’re just using a single 57 and want some room ambience, you can try a couple things.

1. Load the HWAT Room captures into your FullRes slots. Pick the one you like the best and put it in cab slots 3 and 4 panned hard R/L. Go to the Align tab and nudge one of them back until you get some stereo spread (I’d start at around 20ms and tweak more/less time depending on what you want.

2. Use your HWAT 57 and try the blending in the FullRes YA Brit 4x12 M25 (however they have it labeled) stereo Room captures from the Legacy cab bank. It may sound great “as is,” or you can use a high cut on the Room captures if you need to darken them to glue them into your tone a bit easier.

Just like the sound engineers on all of those great records, enjoy experimenting with stuff. You’ll discover some cool ways to get interesting sounds. :)

Thanks for saying all of that. It means a lot to hear these things are making a difference and that you’re having so much fun exploring them! :)

That pack came out before I started making stereo room captures, so if you’re just using a single 57 and want some room ambience, you can try a couple things.

1. Load the HWAT Room captures into your FullRes slots. Pick the one you like the best and put it in cab slots 3 and 4 panned hard R/L. Go to the Align tab and nudge one of them back until you get some stereo spread (I’d start at around 20ms and tweak more/less time depending on what you want.

2. Use your HWAT 57 and try the blending in the FullRes YA Brit 4x12 M25 (however they have it labeled) stereo Room captures from the Legacy cab bank. It may sound great “as is,” or you can use a high cut on the Room captures if you need to darken them to glue them into your tone a bit easier.

Just like the sound engineers on all of those great records, enjoy experimenting with stuff. You’ll discover some cool ways to get interesting sounds. :)
Thank you! :cool:

By the way, what do you mean "before I started making stereo room captures"? What IRs are already made by this technique?
When FullRes IR length was added to the Axe-Fx III, I started making stereo room IRs with longer decay for more room ambience. I captured an AC30, Vibrolux, Marshall Greenback 4x12, and Mesa V30 4x12 that can all be found in the Legacy cab bank (just search “YA” and you’ll find them).

Most of my packs have 500ms mono Room captures that you can mix/blend/pan however you want, but the MRSH 412 MV30 and FTWN 212 D120 packs have longer stereo Room captures to use with FullRes.

When FullRes IR length was added to the Axe-Fx III, I started making stereo room IRs with longer decay for more room ambience. I captured an AC30, Vibrolux, Marshall Greenback 4x12, and Mesa V30 4x12 that can all be found in the Legacy cab bank (just search “YA” and you’ll find them).

Most of my packs have 500ms mono Room captures that you can mix/blend/pan however you want, but the MRSH 412 MV30 and FTWN 212 D120 packs have longer stereo Room captures to use with FullRes.
These room IRs sound amazing when using IEMs. Sometimes I'd swear I'm feeling some thump from a live cabinet, keep checking to see if I left my cab or studio monitors turned up.

The MRSH 412MV30 has been my go-to cab, really like this one. I'll be trying IR in the the Gift of Tone YA download later today. Great stuff!

Merry Christmas to your family @York Audio - I bought the DV77 pack as a stocking stuffer to myself :)
Awesome! I really love the DV77 pack and hope you’re liking it so far. Thank you for picking it up. :)

My stocking stuffer is going to be the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual tomorrow! I had the same idea! :D
Great choice. That’s one of my personal favorites. You’ll have to let me know what you think if you decide to grab that one.

Since talking about your Diezel cab, Justin, are a a few month ago. Anything new about the capturing/release process of a mighty YA Diezel pack?

And yes, I still can't wait for the Demon speakers, just as a friendly reminder :sweatsmile:

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

Last edited:
Since talking about your Diezel cab, Justin, are a a few month ago. Anything new about the capturing/release process of a mighty YA Diezel pack?

And yes, I still can't wait for the Demon speakers, just as a friendly reminder :sweatsmile:

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!
I have a new idea for the Diezel pack. I just gotta try a couple things to see how it sounds. The K100 by itself feels a little “niche,” so I’m going to play with some potential X-pattern options to give it more value and usability.

Back
Top Bottom