Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

Yek, I have learned so much from your work. I have enjoyed the presets and used them up through version 11.03. However, the current version I can not not get a clean sound. Every single preset is distorted. I have tried changing cabinets but everything else is stock setting from your system and bank A files. I had to take them off and start from scratch. Any ideas on why they would all be distorting? When I reload the normal system file and bank A, everything sounds as it should. I know I must be missing something stupid. Thanks again for all your contributions.

Does this happen too when loading one of the presets from the OP without global blocks (not one of the banks)?

No. Just when I load your presets. I hadnt had any problems with any of the prior versions since 9. Wierd. I know its gonna turn out to he something simple

My Gruv Gear V Solo Cart is in.
It lets me carry all my gear in one go, together with my Mono dual guitar bag on my back.
So I did tonight. Brought my 1x12 + Matrix and my CLR. Only had to walk once from my car.

Man, the combination of a real cabinet + CLR is still heaven tone wise. The broad freq spectrum of the CLR, and the speaker punch of the 1x12 (my 2xq2 would be even better). Pure delight. Leaves no wishes.

I used the V Cart's wedge position for my 1x12, very handy!

No, it's not me in this picture. Just showing the V Cart Solo, in one of its 3 carrying positions (not including the "amp stand" position).

hdr-vcart-norm.png

Slightly less flexible because the moving wheels are on the far side, but still fine.

Sounds nice. I'll be interested to see how you like it after living with it for a month.

Presets and info in OP are updated for 12.01.

Edit: forgot to update the Excel stuff. Fixed.

Change log: I don't recall exactly... A few things:
- inserted scene controllers in some presets (such as Pink Floyd, Dropped Tune)
- changed favorite IR
- changed amp settings in HEAVY and LEAD presets
- Gate settings
- Tremolo depth
- Reverb input gain

Last edited:
By the way, the guy in the picture, Norm Stockton, is a fantastic bass player. I met him back in the days of Praise Band when he did a class on bass playing. Class act.

Reactions: yek
Updated.

Change log:

• To make AE visually reflect changed block states (on/off) in a preset, after pressing switches on a floor controller, the preset requires at least one block's Bypass parameter to be attached to a modifier source. Through this, AE's polling mechanism will start. This doesn't need to be a block being used. So I made sure this is implemented in most of my presets. Many of them already contain a PEQ1 block with Bypass attached to Ext3, for midboost and lowcut/hicut when using FR amplification. In others I have added an 'orphaned' Filter4 block (outside the chain) for this purpose, with Bypass attached to a modifier.
  • My global amp blocks all have Low Frequency Resonance set to 81Hz, for better interaction with my real cabinet.
  • I verified that all presets and blocks have correct stereo output, including Cab, Delays and other blocks, while preserving the signal in mono as well. The default Cab block is hard-panned L/R for stereo. For a mono signal through Out1, set Output 1 Mode to Copy L>R. Sum L+R will also work with most presets, except for ex. the 2290 preset, where it will make the delay repeats disappear (summing doesn't work well together with phase reverse).
  • If you need more available CPU power, and don't mind mono output, change the Cab to Mono LoRes.
  • I optimized the Whammy modifier settings for faster operation.
  • Changed the default Drive type to Tube 3-knob.
  • Adjusted amp settings in the main presets.
  • I added the Stereo Enhancer to some presets. It's in Modern mode, so it save to use in mono.
  • Added some effects presets / scenes, such as a pedal-operated Ring Modulator and some by Simeon. Also added a couple of presets for specific functionality, such as using Input 2 and reamping, used for demonstration at the Dutch Axe-Fest.
  • Changed the AcouSim preset and made it a scene to combine with other sounds.
  • Adjusted GEQ2 settings for lead boosting.
  • Lots of other adjustments, such as adjusted TalkBox and fixed wah presets (think "Money For Nothing").
  • I moved the LoCut/HiCut from Cab to PEQ1. I keep this PEQ, which also provides a mid boost, bypassed when playing at home. I engage at rehearsals and gigs when playing through FR.
Next update will feature changes in the MFC layout, and in the use of scenes in the main presets.

Last edited:
Nice updates Yek. I just revisited some of your patches> I noticed on your main patches(didnt try the others) that some blocks are bypassed and cannot be
un-bypassed. Is this due to a global setting you have?

For example, the PEQ is bypassed and cant be turned on. Really odd.

Yes, its bypass param is attached to an external controller. You have to assign a switch to ext 3 and press that to engage. Or - as I do -use I/O > MIDI > Init Value Ext 3 to switch between bypass / engage. I have set this way on purpose.

Yes, its bypass param is attached to an external controller. You have to assign a switch to ext 3 and press that to engage. Or - as I do -use I/O > MIDI > Init Value Ext 3 to switch between bypass / engage. I have set this way on purpose.

Ahhh....I see grasshopper! Thanks.
Patches sound great with my Port City OS 1x12 loaded with a Scumback.

Reactions: yek
Truly grateful for your continued contributions to the Fractal community, Yek!

I decided to give your presets a try today, but I am having problems with the Acoustic IR for your HEA-preset. When transferring the acoustic-IR linked in your first post in this thread with Fractal-bot, I get a transfer-error on 14% every time. Transfer of other IRs work fine. Latest version of FractalBot, FW12.02. Any ideas? This is the IR I try to upload:

View attachment 5703d1312041041-[axefx2]-collection-thread-acoustic_2048_g2.syx

Back
Top Bottom