Yek's Presets for MkI/MkII (v15.03) and Blog

End-of-year update of my presets for 12.03 (beta), see OP for file links.

Note: you need to substitute stock cabs for the user cabs in the presets/banks, or use a suitable external IR in user cab slot 52.

Consolidated my main presets into a single one, using scenes to recall my main 4 amp tones.

Improved spillover between scenes/presets (mainly Delay/Reverb settings).

Corrected X/Y states of some blocks in some presets.

Set Pitch tracking in some presets to Mono for improved Whammy operation.

Some presets contained a single Amp 2 block (no Amp 1). This can cause a loud "pop" when changing to that preset so I changed it to Amp 1.

Checked mono/stereo operation of all presets.

Added some presets, including Barber Pole phaser and Dimension D. Reordered other presets/scenes.

My current main IR is a mixed version of G12H and EV 12L, with just a "57" mic.
G12H suggestions:
- OwnHammer: Studio Mix, Mar-CB Vintage, H_PR-55, SS, DYN 57
- Fractal: Mad Oak, 4x12 Basketweave TV, 57
- Red Wire: Basketweave G12H30, SM57 CapEdgeOffAxis-1in
EV 12L suggestions:
- OwnHammer: Studio Mix, Mar-CB Modern, EV 12L, SS, DYN 57
- Fractal: Mad Oak, 4x12 Rumble EV12L, 57
- Red Wire: HalfbackTopC, SM57 CapEdgeOffAxis-1in

Set Phase Reverse to R(ight) in a lot of Delay blocks. This makes the delay much more spatial. Note that this doesn't work (delay disappears) when summing the signal to mono! So don't use Sum L+R on OUT1, and don't switch the Cab block to Mono either. Or set Phase Reverse to None.

Changed preset names.

Last edited:
Just wondering Yek. When you record do you use these as reference monitors?

A couple of gear upgrades.

Ethercon between MFC and Axe-Fx:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-discussion/78570-make-yourself-mfc-mk-ii.html

and I sold my Adam studio monitors, because I got two of these:
CLRs.jpg

Hi Yek - many thanks as always.

Does this update require a system change as well? SORRY EDIT!!! Didn't read your update properly:roll

Reactions: yek
Had a play with your 2 main presets earlier and as always it was a learning experience. They sound great and some of the tricks you are using has made me rethink how I go about making patches. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Spence

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Yek,

Loving your new main presets ! :eagerness:

Just a quick question about your new Mixed IR in Slot 52, could you advise the % mix between the EVM-L and the G12H you are currently using when mixing the IR ?

Cheers

Hi Yek. I too have spent a lot of this afternoon and evening playing your presets... Excellent stuff!

I have still got the "Go to Crunch" IAS on my MFC. It would be good if it could still go to that preset, but as Crunch is now Scene 2 of Patch1, rather than patch 2 as before, is there a way of doing this?

Hi Yek,

Loving your new main presets ! :eagerness:

Just a quick question about your new Mixed IR in Slot 52, could you advise the % mix between the EVM-L and the G12H you are currently using when mixing the IR ?

Cheers

Easy 50/50.

Hi Yek. I too have spent a lot of this afternoon and evening playing your presets... Excellent stuff!

I have still got the "Go to Crunch" IAS on my MFC. It would be good if it could still go to that preset, but as Crunch is now Scene 2 of Patch1, rather than patch 2 as before, is there a way of doing this?

Yeah, that's more difficult now.

Method 1: use preset/scene mapping in I/O > MIDI.

Method 2: copy preset 000 to 001, and make the 1st scene the "crunch" one. Link the IA to preset 001.

Yeah, that's more difficult now.

Method 1: use preset/scene mapping in I/O > MIDI.

Method 2: copy preset 000 to 001, and make the 1st scene the "crunch" one. Link the IA to preset 001.

Yep, thanks. Method 2 was my work-around.

It's interesting imagining how you use this setup! SO you always go back to the clean patch - or have you cheated and saved it with the drive engaged:)?

It's interesting imagining how you use this setup! SO you always go back to the clean patch - or have you cheated and saved it with the drive engaged:)?

The "preset" IA lets me switch to one of the 4 main tones with max 2 clicks (preset > scene). From whatever bank/slot.

As you know I used have those 4 tones in 4 presets. Switching to scenes still requires max 2 clicks AND allows me to put other presets in bank 1.

Disadvantage of using scenes (indeed) is having to click twice to switch to my crunch tone, coming from other presets.
But I can do that fast. Also, I use clean tones a lot these days and that one takes just a single click.

P.S. Method 3 would be programming Alternate Presets or a Global Preset on the MFC....

I sing in a three-piece guitar band, so the danger with preset changing is going suddenly quiet. I too was thinking about Global Preset: retaining the Crunch IA into a reallocated Scene 1 - your Scene 2; and the global for going back to Clean.

But then this brings up the problem of how you get back to a patch in another bank, if that's where you've come from?

It would be good to have a method of alternating between 2 different patches - esp for when singing: say Vinyl to Crunch and back - or a chorus to Rock and back; for doing those sweet to bad and back again tunes with only the one guitarist.

I updated the files in the OP today.

Some presets drove up CPU usage too much (when connected to USB) so I fixed those.
I also added a preset with alternative amp types (preset 001), to experiment.

But then this brings up the problem of how you get back to a patch in another bank, if that's where you've come from?

It would be good to have a method of alternating between 2 different patches - esp for when singing: say Vinyl to Crunch and back - or a chorus to Rock and back; for doing those sweet to bad and back again tunes with only the one guitarist.

Songs/Sets is another way to accomplish that, although that won't work with scenes.

Song/Sets is great for pro players doing the same show every night. But it would be good if 'Swiss Army Knife' users could have a "Back to Previous Preset" IA switch.

So... all installed, my mods done too (I use Delay 2 with Tap Temp 1/4 trip and Ext 2 to an Exp Pedal controlling Feedback to max), and have saved Scene One with Drive turned on.... That was the sound i wanted anyway.... Many thanks Yek.

Reactions: yek
yek - I've spent a good portion of this evening (with a small break for dinner) installing your most excellent v12.03 beta 4 presets Bank A and system Bank files, completely reconfiguring my MFC101 and I'm not even close to being finished.

But I LOVE the process.

I've been learning so much, and there is still much for me to learn. I hadn't made any changes to my MFC layout and expression pedals since I first set it up. HA!
What a fun ride this has been tonight, and I thank you so much for the detailed map OP and for your very organized wiki. I appreciate your efforts here.

I've got the MFC almost dialed in except the IA6 & IA10, which I will get to tomorrow morning with some morning coffee.
Also tomorrow, I'll be figuring out what to do with the IR for slot 52.

Time for this breadtooth to go to bed. Tired. But oh so happy.
Fun stuff!

Thank you sir!

Back
Top Bottom