Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

I took a break from rehearsing and gigging last year. I was tired and enjoyed it less than before.
And there was too much talk and not enough playing in the bands I was in.

I'm now playing again. So here's my rig.

rig2015.jpg

Hi YEK,

Great to hear that you enjoy playing again, and as always very very nice rig.
can you tell me what kind of gear is above the fractal?

I also noticed you like Brand beer.:lol

Yek's Blog and Axe-Fx II XL Presets (18.04)

can you tell me what kind of gear is above the fractal?
RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

- It has 12 encoders.
- It allows you to control the most important Amp block parameters.
- 4 encoders are dedicated to custom parameters, programmable via PC/Mac software.
- Its firmware can be updated via USB.

Last edited:
RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

- It has 12 encoders.
- It allows you to control the most important Amp block parameters.
- 4 encoders are dedicated to custom parameters, programmable via PC/Mac software.
- Its firmware can be updated via USB.

Yep.

fxunits.com - RAC12

Yek. Hi!

Didn't notice a power cable to your RJM. How are you powering the Mastermind?

Thanks,

Helio

Working on preset revisions.

I'm adding some EQ to enhance acoustic and synth tones through a guitar cabinet.

Also adding the Enhancer to some ambient presets (Out1 only).

I verified that presets (where possible) work equally well in stereo as in summed-to-mono output mode.
This is necessary because I have Out2 set to L+R Sum, feeding my guitar cabinet.

I'll post updated presets later this week.

Last edited:
Yek - As ever, thank you for your hard work and contributions to the forum and all things Fractal.

I am having trouble downloading your 18.07 presets. Can you advise?

Thanks.

Thanks Yek, have been a massive admirer of your work since getting my axe fx xl last year. Your presets are simply fantastic and the routing has helped me understand how to make things happen with this awesome machine. Whilst on Yek, I was wondering if you had ever thought of doing any IR's of your Port City..? I understand it has an EVL and a KTS-70..I bet it sounds great. I went straight over to matrix FRFR set up so I've never tried axe fx with amo and trad cab. Also like the idea of the RAC12, do you use this to tweak any effects as well or just your amp settings?
Best Wishes and thanks again
Jonathan

Thanks.

I created some IRs of my PC but I have to admit I wasn't very succesful.
They were lacking. And I lack the patience to do it right. :)
So I just use IRs made by professionals, even though there are not of my cab.

The RAC12 is great. I currently use it at home to dial in stuff. I took it out of my portable rack, because I want to take as little as possible with me.
And I hardly ever change settings during reherasals and gigs.
I'm also back to using my PC 1x12 for the same reason. I have to update the picture on the previous page. :)

Hi yek - many months ago, upon your excellent recommendations, I had purchased the same cabinet and speakers as you have ( the Port City 2x12 and EV and ASW speakers with the matrix 1000). So when using your presets using that rig, I was just basically turning the global cab modeling off like I would any patch I create from scratch. You describe using output 2 when using this rig and that it automatically bypasses the cab block. Would there be any difference between the two? Also, since I have the same rig, are there any patches that you recommend that are your favorites through the matrix/2x12? Thanks again for all your reccomendations and help in the forum. I rarely have the time to write comments in here for the help and work you and others put in, but wanted to extend my gratitude. I'm still learning every day and its people like you on here that really help me learn, even though most of the time I'm just reading and not posting. Prost !

Reactions: yek
OUT1 with Cab modeling turned off is the same as using OUT2.
Except that on my system I/O > Audio > OUT1 is set to Stereo, and OUT2 to Sum L+R.

Turning off Cab Modeling in the Global menu also save some precious CPU.

All presets in the first Bank are my favorites. :)

Publiced a video of my RJM setup here.

After creating the video I realized that having an ext.switch assigned to Amp Boost isn't that handy. Because it doesn't let me save the switch state per preset or scene. So I detached the Boost switch, and I'm now using a NullFilter (at 10 Db) instead. Much handier. Had to restructure a lot of presets though to fit it in.

Also returned to my trusted Friedman BE for dirty tones. And *very* happy with the Tweed Twin for cleans.
as always didlots of additional finetuning here and there.

Posting updates tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom