Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

In praise of these presets:

I have been around for a bit. I am fairly adept at creating my own presets. I have downloaded and 'glanced' at these presets a few times...sometimes ignored because of platform differences, or sheer laziness on my part.

Tonight I gave these a serious shot. And I came away very impressed. Yek has created a nice set of 'Stage ready' presets in a range of genres. I would consider them a great starting point for rookies, since I myself made variations based off of what I wanted (CABs, no Delay on that Scene, dousing the compressor a few times, more SAG on Fender's, a change from Bassman Bass to Normal, etc...)

The 'Clean to Mean' for the more functional presets is a GREAT plugin and with what's supplied you can easily get through a night of covers just using 3-4 presets and scenes.

Well done Yek! Paypal coming your way as soon as I get back from Mexico!

I'm off to tweak that 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' preset.

R

Hi yek,
Can you also upload your system en bank files like you did before please.

then a AXE related question.
Can i import all you cover presets in 1 time?? please tell me how.
greeting

Hi yek,
Can you also upload your system en bank files like you did before please.

then a AXE related question.
Can i import all you cover presets in 1 time?? please tell me how.
greeting

Yes, I'll do that later today.

Unzip the presets and drag and drop them straight from your Explorer (Windows) or Finder map (Mac) into Axe-Manage Presets.

I'll add descriptions of the cover songs too later.

Zipped file with Bank A and System added to OP. This is for users who want the presets with global blocks.

Yes, I'll do that later today.

Unzip the presets and drag and drop them straight from your Explorer (Windows) or Finder map (Mac) into Axe-Manage Presets.

I'll add descriptions of the cover songs too later.

Hi Yek,
Try to drag and drop the file as you said below, didn.t work. I see that the file are copied into axe manage but can not see them.
Any tips?
Just one more question which kept me going this weekend.
At your previous updates you used a pedal for the Wha and after the IO turned on for a pitch. All with 1 pedal.
Can you tell me how to set this up in my AXE and MFC

Again many thanks.

Yek excuse,,
but now your title must be updated by (Quantum 1.01), to (Quantum 1,05) ..... corrected ? :oops:

Great job, thanks for sharing :D

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Hi Yek,
Thanks for putting the files online, I know i speak for many of us but this helps a lot to get started.
After uploading your systems files and then the bank A with global block my bank A seems to be totaly empty.
No preset, no sound, no nothing !!!
Any idears what i did wrong ??
I have the same issue...very strange.; I am on Quantum and I do have an Xl as well..If you ever find the soltutio I´ll be glad to know it cheers Yves

I have no idea, as long as you are on the latest firmware.
Coming days I'll upload new versions. Maybe that will solve it.

Hi Yek,
Try to drag and drop the file as you said below, didn.t work. I see that the file are copied into axe manage but can not see them.
Any tips?
Just one more question which kept me going this weekend.
At your previous updates you used a pedal for the Wha and after the IO turned on for a pitch. All with 1 pedal.
Can you tell me how to set this up in my AXE and MFC

Again many thanks.

I don't know.... should work.
I'll upload new versions coming days.

Wah/Pitch: didn't I use the Mixer for that? You'd have to load a older preset to see how I did that.
IRRC you put the Wah and Pitch in parallel rows, and then merge them and put a Mixer there, with their Gain assigned to a controller (opposite values) and then assign a switch to that controller. I think ...
Or use scenes.

I have no idea, as long as you are on the latest firmware.
Coming days I'll upload new versions. Maybe that will solve it.
OK thankx . looking forward to try them , I do hear so many good things about them...being a rookie :) I can still learn a lot.

<fanboy statement>

With all the attention focussed on the AX8 and FX8, my "respect" for the mothership (Axe-Fx II) is also growing.

No need to think about CPU load, all the blocks and block instances you could want, 4CM-support as great as on the FX8 (if you have the XL+), dedicated hardware buttons for X/Y and other stuff, fast front panel editing, global blocks, two amp blocks, etc. etc.

The AX8 may be the new kid in town, which truly is a wonderful device with loads of features that I'm going to use a lot, but in my home the Axe-Fx II remains the #1 flagship product.

Not that I haven't got any wishes... ;-)

Back to updating and enjoying my Axe-Fx II presets ... Posting these later this week.

</fanboy statement>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom