Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

So annoying that it’s not possible to load XL presets in the MkII. Your presets have inspired a lot of settings for me Yek and not being able to load them up to see them is going to be annoying. Maybe I’ll just have to get an XL as well :)
I'm in the same boat! Came across this thread quickly saw the part about trying to make a preset go with almost everything and thought I found the holy grail!!! Then realized it was for XL.

I've ditched OnSong (iPad app for musicians).
Simply too slow and buggy.

Switched to Set List Maker. Much better!

Hi Yek
any news on the update of your quantum presets?
Also in the axe exchange some quantum presets give the same result..;very strange...some work some do not....must be a bug in the quantum firmware...
cheers
Yves

I've ditched OnSong (iPad app for musicians).
Simply too slow and buggy.

Switched to Set List Maker. Much better!

I've been using onsong for a long time and agree about the slow part, which drives me crazy. I may try Set List maker, was it hard to import your songs over from Onsong?

Glad to say it wasn't.
In OnSong export your songs to Dropbox, as single song files.
Set List Maker lets you imports OnSong, via Dropbox, one by one.
Worked out fine.

It's a joy to work with Set List Maker. It's very streamlined and solid.
No bugs so far, while there are many annoying ones in OnSong.

Just like OnSong, you need to pay for additional functionality.
I bought remote control (I use an AirTurn pedal), MIDI control, audio recording and database syncing.

Another Set List Maker fan here. Hasn't let me down yet.

Only request to the app designer would be the ability to program on a PC and then transfer info onto the iPad.

Last edited:
Almost ready to post my updated presets. Waiting for the final release of Quantum 2.0.

Meanwhile I've switched from Friedman BE to Friedman Smallbox for my main dirty tones.
The Smallbox sounds slightly more raw, more vintage, and more open. I also think it does leads better.

Clean tone: 5F8 Tweed. I do occasionally have short affairs with Dirty Shirley, Shiva and other Fenders.

Currently my main IR is OwnHammer's mix of G12-H30 and G12-M20 speakers in a '70s Marshall checkerboard 4x12.

After the dust has settled, I'll start converting some presets to AX8 and FX8. And Mark I/II. Maybe do a new video of the RJM Mastermind GT controller. Add a soundclip of each preset. Heal the world, make the world a better place. Etc.

So in order to use your Q2 presets its necessary to get "OwnHammer's mix of G12-H30 and G12-M20 speakers". Are there other commercials IRs needed or are stock IRs used on most of the new presets?

I just checked at Ownhammer and I dont see G12-H30 and G12-M20 speakers there.

Last edited:
No, the presets I'll post will use a stock cab. No need to get the one I use myself.

But it doesn't hurt to buy it either, because the 4x12 Marshall-CB with G12-H30 is an awesome library.

No, the presets I'll post will use a stock cab. No need to get the one I use myself.

But it doesn't hurt to buy it either, because the 4x12 Marshall-CB with G12-H30 is an awesome library.

Are those speakers a part of the
Marsh-UK Multi-Cabinet Collection?

If I get your stock presets, what is the best way to impliment use of the Ownhammers?

No, not the Multi-Cabinet. It's this one:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=164&products_id=372

To make use of that IR in all presets, you would have to:
- download the file in this thread's OP that includes global blocks and my system data
- upload those files to your Axe-Fx
- upload a single IR from that OH library to the user an slot which I'm using.

Nice! I currently have your clean presets, your Q1 presets and Fremens just released Q2 presets on my XL. Will the above process in any affect or change things in those other presets?

Well, when uploading presets or a bank file you would of course need to be careful not to overwrite existing presets of yours.

Uploading my System file will overwrite your settings in Global and I/O. So you need to to check which non-default settings you have in there, and change those back if needed.

Using my System file will not hurt your existing presets, UNLESS you're already using global blocks in presets (because my system data will overwrite global block data).

Regarding OwnHammer IRs: you'll receive WAV fles (OH can not distribute Ultra-Res .syx files). To convert these to Ultra-Res .syx files which you can upload to your Axe-Fx, you have to convert them first using Cab-Lab (the commercial version or the free Cab-Lab Lite version).

February 2016

My updated collection of presets for Axe-Fx II XL, firmware Quantum 2.

Right-click a link below, select Save or Download, unzip the downloaded file and use Axe-Edit or Fractal-Bot to load a preset or a preset bank.
  1. Main preset — single preset with 6 scenes. No global blocks.

2. All sounds — my general purpose presets, stored in a bank file. No global blocks.

3. All sounds (global blocks) — same as 2. With global blocks and required system data.

4. Amp + Cab — my collection of basic amp+cab presets, featuring my favorite amp models. No global blocks.

5. Presets for cover songs — my presets for the cover bands I play in. No global blocks. Version with global blocks available upon request.
Created by …
  • These presets were created by me. Some are tweaked versions of factory presets. Some are tweaked versions of presets created by others (see bottom note).
Designed for …
  • Every type of amplification / output: FR monitoring, direct-to-FOH, power amp + speaker cabinet (cabinet simulation disabled), headphones, recording., stereo or mono.
  • Single coils and humbuckers. In some presets "Amp X" is designated for single coils and "Amp Y" for humbuckers.
  • These presets are designed to be played loud! If you always play at low volume, you may want want to add some bass and treble.
Global Blocks
  • I use global blocks in many presets. For your convenience I provide versions of presets with and without global blocks.
Global, I/O and Tuner settings
  • Power Amp Modeling: yes. Cabinet Modeling: yes. Spillover: both. Global Amp Gain: 0. Input 1 Left Select: front. Input 1 Mode: left only. Output 1 Mode: stereo. Output 2 Mode: sum L+R. Scene Revert: on. Ignore Redundant PC: on. Display Offset: 1.
Amplification: Studio Monitors, FRFR amplification, Direct-to-FOH, Headphones
  • My equipment: 2x Atomic CLR active wedge (home monitors, live monitors), headphones.
  • This is the direct signal with cabinet simulation, through Output 1. Turn up OUT1 on the front panel to hear sound.
  • I/O > Output 1 Mode is set to Stereo, even when running just a single output/monitor. The presets can be used in a mono setup without the risk of phase cancellation.
  • I use the Global EQ to finetune the overall sound.
Amplification: Power Amp and Cabinet
  • I use the same presets when playing through my Matrix GT1000FX power amp and traditional guitar cabinet. The cabinet is a Port City 2x12 Wave Vertical with EVM 12L and ASW KTS-70 speakers or Port City 1x12 Wave with ASW KTS-70 speaker.
  • The FXL block in each preset routes the signal to Output 2, bypassing the Cab block.
  • Some presets have a GEQ placed in front of the FXL block, bumping high frequencies. This improves the sound of "acoustic" and synth presets through a guitar cabinet.
  • Output 2 Mode sums the stereo signal to mono. I've made sure there's no phase cancellation when running mono.
Amp blocks
  • Many presets contain two Amp blocks. Amp 1 handles clean tones, Amp 2 handles dirty tones. In some presets X is designated for single coils. Y for humbuckers.
  • I use a scene controller to vary gain in scenes 2-3-4-5-6 of my main preset.
  • Advanced amp parameters in my global amp blocks are at default.
Cab block
  • I use an UltraRes Cab block. In Stereo Mode to preserve the spread signal of stereo blocks before it.
  • I usually use 3rd-party IRs, but I replaced those with stock cabs in the provided presets.
  • No mic simulation, because the IRs I use have mics already baked-in.
  • Other parameters are at default, except for Low Cut/Hi Cut.
  • Some presets link to specific user cabs. Slot 2 contains the UltraRes guitar body IR. Slot 3 contains James Santiago's EchoPlex IR. Slot 5 contains a cello IR.
Presets
  • The picture below shows my presets in the correct order, using 5 presets per bank.
  • Some presets feature multiple scenes. If so, it's indicated in the preset title.
  • The first preset (MAIN) is dedicated to my basic amp tones, using 6 scenes (clean - dirty - rock - heavy - lead 1 - lead 2). Scenes 2-5 are duplicated in presets 2-5 for quick access when switching presets.
  • The preset levels are roughly balanced, using the VU meters and by ear.
  • CPU usage is always below 90%, with an USB connection.
  • Delay and Reverb are placed in parallel rows in most presets, because this makes it easier to manage levels.
  • About the cover songs presets: I don't try to copy the exact amp tones, I stick to my favorite amp models. I do recreate some effects. Often a preset uses more than one scene, but never more than five. Scene which are not used are muted.
  • The bar character "|", used in preset titles, instructs my RJM controller to hide the characters following that sign on the display.
Q105-list.png

Grid Template
  • My default grid template features the effects shown below, saved as global blocks on my Axe-Fx II XL.
  • Input gate settings are modest. Output mixer settings are at default. Input Impedance is set at 1M, which prevents "popping" when engaging the Phaser or Wah.
  • All presets work well in stereo and when summed to mono (no phase cancellation).
Q105-grid.png

• VOL — Attached to Envelope, for automatic volume swells.
  • COMP — Compressor.
  • WAH — Assigned to External 1 (pedal). Auto-engages.
  • PEQ 2 — Applies EQ for "focussed" single lines.
  • DRIVE — X = FAS Boost. Y = SDD preamp.
  • FEEDBACK SEND/RETURN — Extends the routing.
  • PHASER — X = Phase 90. Y = Uni-vibe. Placed in parallel, to save space.
  • FLANGER — Jet flanger.
  • FILTER — Boosts the amp's input stage.
  • AMP(s).
  • PITCH — Micro-pitch (detune).
  • ROTARY — Leslie. X/Y are set to different speeds.
  • TREMOLO — Rate controlled by an external controller.
  • DELAY — X = short delay. Y = louder and longer.
  • REVERB — Mode and quality setting depending on preset, mostly London Plate. Sometimes Spring Reverb when the CPU load is already high. Reverb Hold is assigned to a switch in some presets.
  • GEQ 2 — Volume level boost for leads. X = 4 dB. Y = 2 dB.
  • FXL: Routes the signal to Output 2 to feed a power amp and speaker cabinet. In some presets a GEQ is placed in front of FXL, bumping the highest frequencies, to improve the sound of "acoustic" presets and synth tones through a guitar cabinet.
  • CAB — UltraRes IR(s). Set to Stereo to preserve the output of stereo blocks before the Cab block.
Foot Controller, Pedal, Switch
  • I use a RJM Mastermind GT/22 foot controller, with a single expression pedal (video). My presets are optimized for this controller. The presets lend themselves also for use with the MFC-101.
  • External controller 1 is a Mission EP-1 expression pedal (with switches and spring-loaded). Assigned to External 1. The pedal functions as a Wah in many presets. In other presets it fades in shimmer, operates as a Whammy or does other things (preset title: "/p"). I can also use the RJM controller to switch the pedal between tasks within a single preset.
  • External controller 6 is an additional switch for some presets. Indicated in the preset title with "/s".
Credit for ideas include Cliff, M@, Javajunkie, Simeon, Bakerman, Swedish Chef, Fremen, AustinBuddy and others.

It looks like these have been released but I cant find the links ,so Im guessing they havent . D'ohhhh!

Last edited:
Yek, I still use (and cherish) this clean collection you did long ago. :)

[18.01 UPDATE] G3 preset collection (XL)

Will the new Q2 have things similar? If not, if I load in the Globals for Q2 will it affect the old Clean Presets?

Nope, the new globals will not affect those presets.

But my new presets include up-to-date amp+cab presets, which replace the above mentioned.

Hi Yek,

First off, thank you for your hard work and pardon my ignorance, as I am a new Axe FX user :)

I was curious about these presets you just worked on but it seems that the download link is not available anymore on the very 1st post... am I checking on the wrong place?

Again, thanks!

Xavi

Back
Top Bottom