Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

Nice Controller Yek , do you use a 7pin midi cable with the Mastermind ? Do you plug the phantom power in the AxeFx?

5-pin. I'm waiting for the phantom power adapter to be able to use 7-pin.

The Axe-Fx's phantom power connection cannot be used.

I'm using a Best-Tronics 7Pin Midi cable and the External Power Supply with an Extension Cord.

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Hey Rain, after one day of extensive programming and usage, I already posted a few wishes and some bugs on the RJM forum. :)

Did you use general function switches on your MFC, connected to external controllers? And did you succeed in getting the same functionality from the GT, which is: always turn off when switching presets?

I never used external controllers. The MMGT can do anything and if not Ron will add it in a Firmware Update. My A Rig is the MMGT22 Axe FXII XL with a CLR Neo which is fantastic..

Interesting, one thing I’ve always wondered with the MMGT (you guys made me looking at a GT/16 now :) ) is how easy is it to make different button layouts? So if I have say preset 1 with a Chorus block but not a Flanger, and preset 2 with a Flanger but not a Chorus - can I make one of the buttons display Chorus when that’s active, and Flanger in another preset when that’s active?

Yek , do you recommend the MMGT 22 or the 16 will do the job as well ?

Well, to begin with: I recommend the MFC-101. :)
It provides the best cooperation with the Axe-Fx.

The MM is not just about fancy looks, it requires more programming.
I am really excited about it though. Yesterday I discovered the Preset Menu feature.
With a single press it displays the first 21 presets in one screen. Much easier than banking up/down.

Choosing the GT/16 would be a compromise (to me). Because I like as many accessible buttons as possible. Like a virtual pedalboard. I may even get the additional 2 button external switch for the GT. :)

I guess that when your preference is more focussed on presets, then the GT/16 would do fine.

What do you know, turns out I already have a great case for the GT2/22 in my home, laying on a shelf. Have been trying to sell it for ages and forgot all about it. Ordered new foam (easy to cut so the GT fits in perfectly).

154304.jpg

Thon Flex Cut Universal Case 2 - Thomann Nederland

I allready have the MFC 101 Mk3 , and I keep moving labels around , can't decide the final board set-up , but I am a preset guy ...Seams that with the MMGT , you may recall several set-up's once you programmed-it....

Was liking this board, conceptually....until I saw the price tag.

YIKES!!! More than twice as much as the MFC?!!?!? I thought that one was a bit pricey, for what it does......

I'm jealous.

Back
Top Bottom