Yeks preset collection and sound samples (Ultra)

Very welcome!

Now I'm going to look for a dictionary to see what profusely means :)

Ten ... the question is: when
Nine ... just wait in line
Eight ... how long is the wait
Seven .. before we'll be in tone heaven?
Six ... but will they cut through the mix
Five ... wait a little longer before they arrive
Four ... we want some more
Three ... what will they be
Two ... de loo
One ...

Sorry, just rehearsing. I'll be spending my whole weekend entertaining two little kids. Not mine, mine are older.

Anyway, new file upcoming. Next month my rig changes and I'm of course awaiting the II this summer.
So I'm finalizing my Ultra set.

Yek, what how is your rig changing...other than the II coming?

I ordered a poweramp (Matrix), and 2 single speaker cabs (EVM-12L).
I can either play straight into those speakers (no cab sims) or use cab sims. We'll see.

Can't wait to see what you do on the axe-fx II. You completely changed the way I used, setup, and played with the axe-fx ultra. Thank you.

I don't plan on using the axe-fx with real speaker cabs so hopefully you still tweak them using your adams with cab sims ;) for my sake.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for that Alexander, downloaded it & am looking forward to trying these toniqht & looking the setup. First pace will be to adapt this to the FCB controller I'm using. I hope the clean tones are good as I still meet some difficulties to get my old DLR tone.
Today's my last son's birthday party, so I'll be entertaining some kids also.

Kind Greetings !

And why is that, Alex?

Marco

Change is good :)

I often play with just a backline, no FOH. While I have good tone from my FR monitor, I also like the punch and power of an EVM. Sometimes I've had it with fooling around with cab sims ;)

And setting up my system for a guitar speaker is handy because I can then plug into cabinets in the studio we're rehearsing in (no need to always bring my own). Plus the EVMs also allow me to still use cab sims if desired.

For me the shiva's are killing (using Traynor K4 & G&L Asat classic special tele). As you wrote; It needed to open up a bit the volume to get that "bottom of my pants are moving" feeling. Will try them in the band mix next week, Scott Peterson indicated in another thread that he preferred RW Ir's for bandmix. Beyond the fact that sound is a personnal and subjective matter, I DID download some RW Ir's - made a few IR mixes - and found that they appear to have quite less low end, which for the time being keeps me from using them in band situation. OTOH this might clear up a bit the mix. What is your experience with these ?
Same for Acoustic IR taken from a Mamabear you use in the Electric SC -> acoustic patch, I didn't try it yet and BTW don't have the slightest idea where to get that IR, but I do have the Martin & Taylor Ir's available elsewhere on the forum; any experience with these ?

Bass gets in the way when playing with a band.
The OHs I use "live" actually have a lot less bass than the stocks.
You can do the same with RW.

I know those Aura IRs. I'm not looking for a specific acoustic guitar emulation, just the 'resonance' of an acoustic body.

I know those Aura IRs. I'm not looking for a specific acoustic guitar emulation, just the 'resonance' of an acoustic body.

Sure, even if sound may be a bit "compressed ass" without band : "less is beautiful" from any point of approach. I only use the ULTRA since a short time in band configuration, as I kept a good & tiny 'analog' setup that sounded nice in the band. Now I will tweak in the RW ASAP. Noted for the acoustic IR, so it should definitely work with them also, will give it a shot tonight & if it's worth it I'll try to post a soundsample.

This is what I obtain with a D28 Aura IR, a bit metallic though but acceptable for a small bar gig. Sorry for the slow play and lack of punch..."the hour is getting late".

http://soundcloud.com/laukelux/audio-010

it's indeed a little metallic. I think that the MamaBear will do better. See attachment.

View attachment 5031

Thanks, it indeed got better, also the Martin D28 with another mic (M147) comes out a bit softer and at last I put down the cab level a bit, lowered the detune % to 3 & the detune delay to 0ms...just all that ;-) sounds like "I copied a song; nothing has been changed, except the words" (Dylan said sth like that if I'm right). It still is not perfect, but that wasn't the object anyway. Will change the audiostreams next WE. Also I did the changes with the RW cabs on a few patches that did sound a bit dark on FOH. I had to face that there is a difference between reproduction on the K4 and a small FOH, the RW surely will sit better in the mix especially for direct FOH out. Got the Axe for over a year but hadn't the time to really dig it. Also the learning curve is a bit longer as I expected but the last few days things are going surprisingly fast, like a puzzle that's coming together (and that I'll break up and remake again & again surely). Digging some of your patches as those from other users did also help a lot. The acoustic subject does recall a bit all this 2-ports stuff I was forced to go through 20 years ago in "electrical network courses" and was a good rehearsal about what cabsims//IR really do (filter/phase, filter/phase, filter/phase..).

The ULTRA is a great & surprising engine with a lot of science behind. I seriously will start thinking about a french translation project for your Wiki pages, as I'm quite sure that a lot of stuff remains a bit obscure for many users over here, which really would be a shame.

Back
Top Bottom