Yeks preset collection and sound samples (Ultra)

Thanks, it indeed got better, also the Martin D28 with another mic (M147) comes out a bit softer and at last I put down the cab level a bit, lowered the detune % to 3 & the detune delay to 0ms...just all that ;-) sounds like "I copied a song; nothing has been changed, except the words" (Dylan said sth like that if I'm right). It still is not perfect, but that wasn't the object anyway. Will change the audiostreams next WE. Also I did the changes with the RW cabs on a few patches that did sound a bit dark on FOH. I had to face that there is a difference between reproduction on the K4 and a small FOH, the RW surely will sit better in the mix especially for direct FOH out. Got the Axe for over a year but hadn't the time to really dig it. Also the learning curve is a bit longer as I expected but the last few days things are going surprisingly fast, like a puzzle that's coming together (and that I'll break up and remake again & again surely). Digging some of your patches as those from other users did also help a lot. The acoustic subject does recall a bit all this 2-ports stuff I was forced to go through 20 years ago in "electrical network courses" and was a good rehearsal about what cabsims//IR really do (filter/phase, filter/phase, filter/phase..).

The ULTRA is a great & surprising engine with a lot of science behind. I seriously will start thinking about a french translation project for your Wiki pages, as I'm quite sure that a lot of stuff remains a bit obscure for many users over here, which really would be a shame.

Good story!

French translation of the Wiki, wow, curious what Google Translate will make of it. :)

:) How are things going, Sukh?
Especially after you've escaped death.... man ...

:) How are things going, Sukh?
Especially after you've escaped death.... man ...

:)

Everything's good brother, just crazy busy (work & life in general), but all good. My children keep me sane. We recently got an XBOX Kinect and the kids are wearing me out on it and stopping me dreaming about labels every night!

And I know I STILL have something to post to you - apologies for the delay....

How are things with you?

Sukh

Good story!

French translation of the Wiki, wow, curious what Google Translate will make of it. :)

Never tried, probably sth between "foie gras and horseshit". If I translate a few pages, would it be possible to have a E/F button on these ? No use to reproduce the manual it already exists BTW, but I could setup the paging. Am not a Wikipedia expert, just want to supply the input format. Then treat subject by subject. I estimate the total project would take about 4 months at my speed & availability (I have a job & a family also..and a hobby, sth with guitars..)). How many "user" pages are there anyway ?

Sorry for being a thick newbie, but I can't get any sound out of most of the presets, what am I doing wrong?

It could be the presets are using user cabs and you don't have anything loaded there.

The last set uses just stock cabs, so that's not it.

@Si: you're using the front left input? If you're using the right rear one, it won't work.

Yek, I am blaming you for the last few sleepless nights to my wife. ;) Instead of being in bed at a decent time I have been staying up all night loading and playing with your preset collection. Much thanks for posting this. It is really helping ease my transition to the ultra.

@Si

I had no problem at all getting sound from all of the patches (I'm using a Standard).
First I detached all of the external controllers (Wah, PanTrem), deleted some effects that I don't need because of the CPU usage (Rotary and Vol/Pan that also have controllers attached).
Then I always moved the entire OP line from the 4th to the 3rd row.
Then always perform a recall/refresh from hardware. This would always show me disconnected effects (Typically the Wah). After reconnecting them Voilaa.

@Yek.
I noticed that on your main patches there are no PEQ blocks. Did you removed them since FW11? I tried your presets for the first time yesterday and I found some of them a little too bass heavy (tried them with global eq flat. Will try your suggestion to cut 63hz today).

I do like the sounds I'm getting with your patches (Matrix GT800 and Passive Atomic Cab) but sometimes I feel some "dullness" to the sound (on the higher gain sounds mostly, clean presets sound amazing). Since you said that these were made primarily to use live I'm curious if you (or anyone else) feel the same when playing at bedroom levels?

What you have done here is truly amazing.
Thank you so much for sharing all your work.
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,

That's a good way to streamline the presets for a Standard.

Yes, I removed the PEQs after upgrading to fw11. The global eq suffices.

Two reasons why things may sound a little dull.
One indeed has to do with volume levels. "Fletcher Munson"... The presets are meant to be played at louder volume levels, they may sprinkle less at lower volume.
Second: normally I use OwnHammer IRs. For this 'release' I replaced them with stocks without modifying the tone a lot.

I'm probably being noob. Did you remove the readme file from OP?
Just pulled the trigger on the OwnHammer Stuff and was trying to see what you were using.

Tks.
Telmo.

I'm probably being noob. Did you remove the readme file from OP?
Just pulled the trigger on the OwnHammer Stuff and was trying to see what you were using.

Tks.
Telmo.

Yeah, I moved information from the Readme to the OP.

Basically I was using the OHs with TC30 mic.
EVM, Mesa V31, M75 and H75 mainly.

I have the wierdest thing with the reverb and delay blocks!!!

I will try to explain:

I downloaded yeks awesome work and uploaded it to my Axe-fx Standard firmware v11.0
I knew I had to do some deleting, disconnecting, rearranging etc to get it to work.

I have trouble getting the presets (first 22) to work because of the delay and particulary the reverb block....
After deleting them and reconnect the chain the preset works fine. When for example adding another reverb block in the chain the sound is gone (no input indication in axe edit).

To narrow things down I deleted everything except for the amp and the cab block. Then the preset is working fine. Adding a new reverb block in between no more sound...?
I don't get it.

I thought maybe the preset-files are broken or something. I downloaded yeks awesome work again and did the same thing over but no luck.
Also when I save some presets (with axe-edit) and reload it from the axe-fx sometimes the chain is broken in some places...
I have solved this by moving blocks elsewhere (one chain up)

Am I doing something wrong here.

Other presets of mine (with reverb) are working fine.

I really want to get these presets to work. After hearing the marsha and marschal presets (#88 and #92, strangely without altering) I was very enthousiastic about the lib.

Pleeeaaassssee help.

Regards,

Last edited:
The Reverb and Delays are set up for use in parallel rows. Therefore they have a different Bypass mode.
My guess is you moved them in series?

The Reverb and Delays are set up for use in parallel rows. Therefore they have a different Bypass mode.
My guess is you moved them in series?

Now it works. I moved them in series! :roll. I also noticed that the level of the reverb block was set to -20db (no/little sound) and mix to 100%. That also doesn't help.

Thanks for your help! :D

I was having the exact same problem with the Standard: no sound on the first 22 presets.

Before you delete and/or reroute everything, go to the Return block menu and check the Mix. Mine were all at 0%

After changing this, the presets works just fine. Just had to delete a few o the effects in some of the presets because of the CPU overload.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom