Wish Yamaha RA 200

The sound of RA200 is very different from a simple Leslie Speaker. It is wonderful and create complex sound textures.
At the moment is not possibile emulate that characteristic with Rotary Block in Fractal.

Thanks for sharing this @Roby Rocks :)
The SKnote sounds pretty spot-on. That said, I’d love to be able to move the rotary within the Fractal signal chain rather than adding it to a dry track post-recording. I want to avoid routing out to a computer and back into the Fractal to prevent extra latency. Plus, I prefer having all my presets ready with everything I need, so I’d like to avoid external dependencies I can't control from a pedalboard. The SKnote is a great plugin, but having an additional rotary model within Fractal would be fantastic indeed. I really hope Cliff considers this for future releases :)

I also hope Fractal includes the RA200 in their list of simulations... at least I think that's what you'd expect from such a professional digital system.

However, I have strong doubts about the feasibility: unfortunately, requests to include the Yamaha RA200 date back to 2013.... see here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/afx-ii-leslie-simulation.52348/post-893324

It's been 11 years since users have been asking and waiting! I doubt we'll ever see it.

I don't know the reason. You should ask Fractal directly.

@Roby Rocks I see… I believe there’s just not enough interest among Fractal users… The RA200, as well as Doppola or Mestro Rover RO-1 speakers are pretty niche and not everyone’s cup of tea, after all. I do enjoy having everything in one package, but I also understand that Fractal prioritizes feature requests based on demand. If interest in those effects grows, I’m sure they’ll consider adding them (well, unless Cliff is for some reasons against it of course :)

You're right. However, Line 6 did include it with firmware 3.50 for Helix and HX Stomp.
I understand that it's easier for Line 6 since they're part of the Yamaha group.
But if Line 6 has done it, Fractal could very well do it too!

A friend of mine, from an old job, had one of these, or a RA100,(I forget) and at his request, I took the speed pot off the back and put it into an old shell of a Cry Baby and created a foot control for the speed. I replaced the pot opening with a DIN plug, which the mate was used on the cable.
Great sounding rotary amp. I have read the entire thread, but didn't Gilmour use one of these?

You're right. However, Line 6 did include it with firmware 3.50 for Helix and HX Stomp.
I understand that it's easier for Line 6 since they're part of the Yamaha group.
You make a valid point, Roby. I believe that advanced Fractal users like Leon or Cooper could get close by combining modifiers with existing modulation effects, especially if they had the chance to use the SKnote plugin as a reference. Unfortunately, I’m no expert and would probably end up going down a rabbit hole :D

, Line 6 did include it with firmware 3.50 for Helix and HX Stomp.

I asked my Helix buddy if Line6 had a triple rotary. And here was his response.

I asked my Helix buddy if Line6 had a triple rotary. And here was his response.

been futzing with it on HXStomp - can't get it to sound like that though - would love to take a peek at his preset.

Edit: Bingo - put it before distorted amp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom