Xitone still in business?

So if I’m reading this correctly, In América you can create a website and charge customers, not deliver all orders AND you get to keep the money and spend it?

In other words is it illegal but decriminalized?

Are ethics the only thing stopping most from stealing?

I thought people went to Jail for stealing. Don’t people know who took the money? Where he lives?

huh-confused.gif

So if I’m reading this correctly, In América you can create a website and charge customers, not deliver all orders AND you get to keep the money and spend it?

I thought people went to Jail for stealing. Don’t people know who took the money? Where he lives?

huh-confused.gif
First problem is he probably doesn't have any money. So what are you going to get?
Also you have to prove that he stole money vs just had a non profitable business. The costs of litigation aren't worth what you may or may not get.

Sounds like a Ponzi variant
You're missing years of experience with Xitone. Early development, first sales, hundreds of satisfied customers, great support for years. Then something happened. None of us really know what.
Accident? Loss? Alcohol or drugs? Illness? We don't know. But something bad turned a guy who was a the top of his game and loved by many here into a miscreant.
I hope it happens to no-one else, no matter what it was.

Sounds like a Ponzi variant
You do understand he didn't just pop up out of nowhere and take people's money, right?

He was around for quite a while, made good products and provided excellent customer service. As has been noted by several of us in this thread, Mic was generally a very friendly, helpful and upstanding person.

Something changed... And I feel sorry for those that lost money.

This just kills me because I spent hours researching to make sure there wasn't a hint of bad service or any complaints. Found nothing so I put in an order...
I can't speak to other peoples' experience with Mick / XiTone. As has been said, he had a notable streak of being a standup guy, and he was active here on the forum. My order process was flawless, and the product arrived quickly. Something definitely is different is the past few years. Sorry to hear this because I like to think of us Fractal people as being a collection of like-spirited comrades in pursuit of great tone.

I can't speak to other peoples' experience with Mick / XiTone. As has been said, he had a notable streak of being a standup guy, and he was active here on the forum. My order process was flawless, and the product arrived quickly. Something definitely is different is the past few years. Sorry to hear this because I like to think of us Fractal people as being a collection of like-spirited comrades in pursuit of great tone.
I also had great experiences with him. He let me demo lots of products (shipped them to me for free).
I had one funky experience where I shipped him my CLR wedge so he could spray it with the bedliner he was using on his cabs.
He was going to start offering that as a service and was going to try it on my CLR. About 6 months went by and he never did it. I finally got him to send me the CLR back (with no new bedliner finish). It was weird. I'm fairly certain he just wanted it so he could reverse engineer it. It's fine, I got it back, no harm. But it was very unlike him to not follow through. (I was going to pay him obviously...but did not pay ahead of time, thankfully)

Based on the timing, I'm curious if he hit a rough patch during covid? And maybe folded up shop?

Either way - keeping people's money is bogus, doesn't matter what circumstances he was faced with.

I also had great experiences with him. He let me demo lots of products (shipped them to me for free).
I had one funky experience where I shipped him my CLR wedge so he could spray it with the bedliner he was using on his cabs.
He was going to start offering that as a service and was going to try it on my CLR. About 6 months went by and he never did it. I finally got him to send me the CLR back (with no new bedliner finish). It was weird. I'm fairly certain he just wanted it so he could reverse engineer it. It's fine, I got it back, no harm. But it was very unlike him to not follow through. (I was going to pay him obviously...but did not pay ahead of time, thankfully)

Based on the timing, I'm curious if he hit a rough patch during covid? And maybe folded up shop?

Either way - keeping people's money is bogus, doesn't matter what circumstances he was faced with.
Whatever the reason you don't have to end communication ,even put an explanation on the website. No excuses!

So after a lengthy amount of time after filing a complaint with the North Carolina Attorney General’s office all I’ve received are copies of emails they have tried to send to Mick saying he has 15 days to respond to my complaint. 15 days go by and I get an updated email where they say the same thing and he should reply in the next 15 days. And this has happened at least 3 times now I think. So yes, pretty sure in America all you have to do is sell product without delivering to make a career out of it…. :(

huh-confused.gif
Yes, that sums up America very well

I have my suspicions. I agree with unix-guy. He was friendly, helpful, made great products and then something happened. I have my suspicions. We're facebook friends. I respect him and won't say anything untoward. And I don't know anything. I feel sorry for him. I mean I'm sorry that his business fell off the planet. I have four of his Xitones. I guess I was a lucky one? Maybe the last pair I got was right before it all stopped.

Not really. Some things about America are wonderful. Some things still need work.
Wacked stuff happens everywhere, and always has, I'm pretty sure.

It really is a shame, such a well respected business, with products people love, getting so derailed.

As the saying goes, there but for the grace of...

Good point. Maybe the business is simply more trouble than it is worth
It's not a very big market. And once you've sold someone something, it tends to last a long time -- there's no great incentive update your FRFR every year or two.

Reactions: ESW
Says a lot about the addressable market for guitar-focused FRFR. Enter at your own peril.
Every Fractal product I've purchased (back to Ultra days) they ask 'what product do you want Fractal to deliver' and I've always said FRFR speakers. I think I get why that never happened.

Back
Top Bottom