Xitone Build Time

I just discovered this thread after Mick becoming un communicative…and me becoming suspicious. (My wait has been just under 3 months, but he originally told me that, even though the wait time was 6-8 weeks, he could get mine in a few weeks since I needed it quickly). Based on your experience with Paypal, I will contact them today. Do you have any tips or advice about the process Jkist7?
You’ve only got a limited timeframe to get the refund with PayPal. I’d do it asap before the window of time runs out on you. I forget what the exact amount of time is but I think it’s around 150ish days.

Xitone, Atomic Amps, Matrix, FAMC (Liquid Foot), Gordius.

Jesus, that's a lot of companies that used to be the go-to ones, that for all intents and purposes, have gone the way of the dodo in recent years.

Looks like Atomic has CLR's in stock now and is trying to be more reliable
Yeah, I was basing that off what I was reading in this thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...amp-its-been-a-year.96626/page-6#post-2409091 and seeing that they're in stock, and some post by Tom saying he was optimistic for this to be a good year and getting things consistent - I personally only have a Xitone cab
Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce

Yeah, I was basing that off what I was reading in this thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...amp-its-been-a-year.96626/page-6#post-2409091 and seeing that they're in stock, and some post by Tom saying he was optimistic for this to be a good year and getting things consistent - I personally only have a Xitone cab
Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce
I've lost count of how many times they've come out and said: "Ok, from NOW ON, we will stop messing up"... :tearsofjoy: Fool me once, and all that jazz.

He shouldn’t be taking money if he can’t deliver the goods. I call that robbery.

That said, I’m planning to build a powered wedge. Looking at prices for parts with the Eminence drivers and Dayton amp he uses, retail is about $535. That’s just the amp and drivers without the cab or labor. The powered wedge lists for $900, so he isn’t making much money on these. I guesstimate my cost to build one will be about $675. If I was to embark on a business building FRFR speakers I would lose my ass. No excuse for what he’s doing but to me it looks like a losing proposition. No idea what the market is for powered FRFR cabs but it can’t be huge. Big companies like EV that have overseas factories can compete. I just don’t see how a small niche player could survive in this business. And now I understand why the better powered cabs cost what they do.

He shouldn’t be taking money if he can’t deliver the goods. I call that robbery.

That said, I’m planning to build a powered wedge. Looking at prices for parts with the Eminence drivers and Dayton amp he uses, retail is about $535. That’s just the amp and drivers without the cab or labor. The powered wedge lists for $900, so he isn’t making much money on these. I guesstimate my cost to build one will be about $675. If I was to embark on a business building FRFR speakers I would lose my ass. No excuse for what he’s doing but to me it looks like a losing proposition. No idea what the market is for powered FRFR cabs but it can’t be huge. Big companies like EV that have overseas factories can compete. I just don’t see how a small niche player could survive in this business. And now I understand why the better powered cabs cost what they do.
Not saying I know for sure, but often times these guys who make an official business out of something often are able to get bulk buy discounts or partnership discounts. Like you sign a contract to buy so many units a month or whatever, and because they are guaranteed sales, they give you a discount.

If that's the case, he could be building them cheaper than $675, but who knows.

It would be better if Fractal just got over the idea of selling an FR FR or preferably a range for different purposes . These could then be paired with software setting that maximised their performance. Fractal could have a setting when using one called "Amp in the room" because that isn't possible with the stuff that is out there now what ever you spend.
Ding Ding Ding.....that would be a winner for sure! I'd buy

Hi guys! I am new to this form so sorry if I mess some stuff up but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on the shipping time for the XiTone cabs. I ordered mine in early August and I'm super excited to get it but was just unsure of when to expect it. I sent Mick a few messages on the website and he hasn't responded but I understand he is busy and maybe that wasn't the best way to reach him.
Does anyone know the rough build time for just one of the active cabs without any custom stuff? Or, does anyone know a way I could contact Mick?

Thanks!!
I ordered from Xitone in January 2023. Was told 4-8 weeks initially. After 9 weeks I followed up. I really had to hammer him with emails and phone calls. He finally responded saying he was recovering from a surgery. I reached out again (May 1st) just to check in. No response. At this point it has been 14 weeks and no communication.

No, he never has given me an update without me contacting him. I'm waiting till around April as it will be 2yrs. At that point my patience will be gone...
I have already asked him to either ship my cab this Friday or initiate a refund. We will see if there is any resolution.

He told me a few times number of months ago that it was built and just had to be shipped.
The excuse he gave me was that he had dental surgery and is/was unable to talk. I followed up to see if he was recovering to no response. I hammered on him a bit more and he finally replied (5/6/2023) that he was still recovering but was busy with a birthday party and playing a gig. To which I replied, "You seem to be doing well enough. Either ship my cab by this Friday or initiate a refund." via text message. He read the message sometime during the night but has yet to reply.

FYI I emailed Mick this weekend asking if he had any 12" active wedges in stock, and if not, how long would it take to ship. He replied almost immediately that he doesn't have any, but that I'd be looking at "6-8 weeks or so". He then emailed me back and asked, "Do you have a need for it sooner? If so let me know a date certain and I can see if there is something I can do."
I had the the exact same interaction with him in January 2023. He later offered me free shipping to pull me in. I sent him $947 to which he immediately refunded $48 to make the cab payment $899.

Seeing a lot of folks in here having similar experiences to mine. I suggest everyone do a Google search of Xitone Cabs and Mick Farlow and BBB (Better Business Bureau). You will see that several complaints have been filed against him the last few years for exactly what we are all talking about. Over promising and not delivering. Beware of this guy.

Idk about new customers, but back on 6/4/21 he told me 4-8 weeks, but when he wrote me an invoice he wrote 3-4 weeks in the invoice notes.

I didn't start contacting him until a couple months went by, this was kind of when everyone was having a hard time with shipping and stocking a lot of parts, so I understood and took his word. Then he said he had to move his shop, and then his laser broke down... I should have filed a dispute with PayPal before my time was up, but everyone had such high praise for him back then, and there wasn't anyone at that time that had a bad experience except for waiting longer than estimated... I'm bummed about it, I feel stupid now, but he genuinely seemed like a nice guy that was down on his luck and fell behind on orders.

I really hope he's not taking money from new customers at this point.
He definitely taking money from new customers...me being one of them. I have had a similar experience to everyone else in here that has paid money then no follow-up. Maybe getting a "i have no timeline or status update" after several emails and phone calls. Lots of excuses.

Back
Top Bottom