Wish Wish List: New Amps

Alembic F2B Preamp into Hiwatt Power Amp

All the beauty and body of the Fender Dual Showman and the power and clarity of the Power Amp of a 100 Watt Hiwatt.
The result is a powerful and aggressive sound ( Clean ). Playing with the EQ brings out a lot of nuances. The whole thing runs on the Low-Mid's frequencies, which makes the distortions soft, round, open and with a unique attack.
Just listen the PULSE Live Album or the PULSE DVD or even better, the Bootleg of the Tour.
The Alembic is a simple but rare preamp.
It is simple to build.

The best option in my opinion would be to create a new amp model that has the Pre of the Double Verb Silverface (very similar to the Dual Showman) and the Power Amp of the Hipower
sooooooooo tonight I went on a DEEP DIVE o trying to recreate the Pulse tone on my FM3 and I just can't get it right :( the tones that Gilmour is doing in Shine On are just so damn round but at the same clear as day! How can we recreate this????????????????????? @Admin M@ need to talk with the tech of Gilmour ASAP :)

sooooooooo tonight I went on a DEEP DIVE o trying to recreate the Pulse tone on my FM3 and I just can't get it right :( the tones that Gilmour is doing in Shine On are just so damn round but at the same clear as day! How can we recreate this????????????????????? @Admin M@ need to talk with the tech of Gilmour ASAP :)
The AXE manages to come very close to that sound.
In my experience, the fundamental secret to the Division Bell Tour sound is the Alembic F2B. There are alternatives that come close but after hundreds of tests, I can assure you that without the Alembic F2B simulation you won't get there. Any kind of effect with that preamp sounds unique. In fact, I hope that our request will be heard sooner or later. A new amp model, which includes the F2B as a Pre and the Hiwatt one as a power amp.
The result is a Fender Dual Showman preamp, rich in amronics, full-bodied and with a fabulous tonestack, where the mid-bass frequencies soften all the distortions. The whole runs at 300v.
Then ending up in a power amp like that of the Hiwatt that does not distort and is crystal clear. Using the Presence (fundamental parameter) brings out all the beauty and presence of F2B.

Gilmour only made a few slight tweaks, lowering the low end a bit and turning the mid-range pot from 10 to 11, to make the mid-range response more Hiwatt-like.

I think you should try the double verb amp with a studio FB compressor and use the ratio to get it close....David did use the dual showmans fora year or 2.....

Bogner Goldfinger 45 or Helios would be a dream.
You can get pretty close to the Goldfinger with 50W Plexi, JCM800 and Bogner Shiva models. The clean channel can be replicated pretty well with the Super Reverb model IMO, though the Bogner is generally less scooped. For speakers try anything with Greenbacks or a mix of G12M+G12H.

I have the newer Goldfinger 45 Superlead. Great amp, but not IMO worth modeling as it's sort of a "best of" collection of other amps in one box, with some Bogner magic to make it sound like how you think those amps should sound!

Hey,

I guess it is to difficult to model this amp cause of all that knobs and switches - but it would be killer if there where channel 2 and 3 from the Steve Morse Engl Signature Amp.

Still waiting on a Randall rg-100es and a Randal century 200.
I could send in my RG13 preamp for modeling. My 1 owner RG 100 ES XP isn't leaving the house😂 The XP version is pretty hard to find out in the wild.

Attachments

• 20191128_045413.jpg
    20191128_045413.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 5
  • 20200930_100008.jpg
    20200930_100008.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
I’ve got a Swart SST, and holy Moses is it a different beast than the AST that is modeled. Much gainier, just swampy as all get out- great cleans too. Might be a worthy addition to the Axe. I’d be pleased as punch to send mine in for modeling if the Fractal gods ever want.

I was just fantasizing about Cliff posting a poll and he said that he has access to five wish list amps and we could vote for the one we wanted to be added or we could pay him $150 each and he would do all five amps.

Back
Top Bottom