Wish Wish List: New Amps

I’d love to see a Tone King Falcon Grande with its 3 voicing’s, power soak of the Ironman attenuator, and capture it with 6v6’s and 6L6gc’s options. I can cover just about every style of music with this one little simple amp, with the exception of a modern metal chug. Thank you if it ever happens, not really expecting it.

Yes if you use a metal tube distortion in front of it on the clean channel, are you going to achieve Uber type chug, it’s an open back 12”, probably not

Alembic F2B Preamp into Hiwatt Power Amp

All the beauty and body of the Fender Dual Showman and the power and clarity of the Power Amp of a 100 Watt Hiwatt.
The result is a powerful and aggressive sound ( Clean ). Playing with the EQ brings out a lot of nuances. The whole thing runs on the Low-Mid's frequencies, which makes the distortions soft, round, open and with a unique attack.
Just listen the PULSE Live Album or the PULSE DVD or even better, the Bootleg of the Tour.
The Alembic is a simple but rare preamp.
It is simple to build.

The best option in my opinion would be to create a new amp model that has the Pre of the Double Verb Silverface (very similar to the Dual Showman) and the Power Amp of the Hipower

Last edited:
Victory amps: The Sherriff, The Kraken, The Duchess, Copper
All of these are covered by existing models.

Sheriff: Various Marshalls.
Kraken: I think it's based on a JCM900 and Peavey 5150? So try those.
Duchess: Various Fenders.
Copper: Vox or Matchless models. I own the real Victory VC35 "The Copper" lunchbox and the main difference to say the Matchless is that the Victory has a bit more prominent midrange to it. You can probably nail it with the Matchless or Vox models by giving it some beef in the mids.

There's plenty of reasons to own the real things because they have great feature sets, are compact and sound excellent but soundwise they are not particularly unique.

All of these are covered by existing models.

Sheriff: Various Marshalls.
Kraken: I think it's based on a JCM900 and Peavey 5150? So try those.
Duchess: Various Fenders.
Copper: Vox or Matchless models. I own the real Victory VC35 "The Copper" lunchbox and the main difference to say the Matchless is that the Victory has a bit more prominent midrange to it. You can probably nail it with the Matchless or Vox models by giving it some beef in the mids.

There's plenty of reasons to own the real things because they have great feature sets, are compact and sound excellent but soundwise they are not particularly unique.
If everything boils down to a Fender or a Vox anyways, why have anything else? Because they're all a little different. There's a dozen different plexi models already, I don't see why having a completely different manufacturer's take on it is wrong.

People use and love Victory amps in real life, but if they're the same, then why do people buy them? Why not buy a JCM800 reissue? Because they're a little different.

Besides, this is a wish list thread, I could wish for a completely useless amp to have, such as a headphone amp model to be added. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, they're all suggestions and opinions.

If everything boils down to a Fender or a Vox anyways, why have anything else? Because they're all a little different. There's a dozen different plexi models already, I don't see why having a completely different manufacturer's take on it is wrong.

People use and love Victory amps in real life, but if they're the same, then why do people buy them? Why not buy a JCM800 reissue? Because they're a little different.

Besides, this is a wish list thread, I could wish for a completely useless amp to have, such as a headphone amp model to be added. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, they're all suggestions and opinions.

The difference is mainly in their feature set and that's a reason to own something other than a Fender, Marshall or Vox. I own a Bogner Goldfinger and a Victory VC35 but I know that any tone in them I can get from the various Fender, Marshall and Vox models if I tweak a little. So I don't see much need to have those exact amps modeled even though they are my favorite amps.

I'm always of the mind that models should be added if they bring something new to the table and most amps just don't. I would gladly see some more Fryette/VHT amps modeled for example because they have a unique sound. I would love to see a Revv amp in there as those do too. The Bensons also sound like an interesting addition as they seem to have their own thing going on.

Back
Top Bottom