Wish Wish List: New Amps

2205 was a dual channel version that was footswitchable between rhythm and lead, with an extra clipping diode providing extra gain to the preamp, I believe.

2205 was a dual channel version that was footswitchable between rhythm and lead, with an extra clipping diode providing extra gain to the preamp, I believe.

Correct! The 2205 does sound different compared to the single channel 800's.
The brit silver has also some kid of diode clipping but sounds different - the modded 800 are also different.

My first (real) amp was a Carvin X100B, bought senior year of high school after slaving at odd jobs to raise the $. Steve Vai had popularized this amp with Alcatraz, on the Flexible album, etc. I loved the amp. Have listened to a few videos of it lately; great sound, very unique and really takes me back. Sure would like an amp block of this for my AXE-FX III! Would be easy-peasy for Cliff based on the Legacy and other things already modeled, I'm sure! Please consider! Thanks.

My first (real) amp was a Carvin X100B, bought senior year of high school after slaving at odd jobs to raise the $. Steve Vai had popularized this amp with Alcatraz, on the Flexible album, etc. I loved the amp. Have listened to a few videos of it lately; great sound, very unique and really takes me back. Sure would like an amp block of this for my AXE-FX III! Would be easy-peasy for Cliff based on the Legacy and other things already modeled, I'm sure! Please consider! Thanks.
I played an X100B for about 10 years, before I got an AX8. Very cool amp, I loved the clean channel - especially with the Xotic EP Booster and a BB Preamp in front :) Never got the overdrive channel to work for me though.
I think schematics can be found on Carvin Audio's site, but I'm not sure if they're what's needed.

I've been asking for an X100B since pretty much the Axe Ultra days. would be awesome.

I’m still excited about that Sunn Model T Cliff mentioned a while back. I finally pulled the trigger on a 50w version (T50C). There’s something about that amp that feels different and I’m not sure why no one has modeled one yet. Maybe just because they’re really hard to find.

I’m still excited about that Sunn Model T Cliff mentioned a while back. I finally pulled the trigger on a 50w version (T50C). There’s something about that amp that feels different and I’m not sure why no one has modeled one yet. Maybe just because they’re really hard to find.
I know Leslie West used the Sunn PA amp, but are you able to get some mississippi queen tones out of the model T?

A friend has an original Model T. Four 6550s with a tweaked Tweed Bassman preamp. Loud as $#!+. Plays bass through it....

Back
Top Bottom