Wish Wish List: New Amps

My first (real) amp was a Carvin X100B, bought senior year of high school after slaving at odd jobs to raise the $. Steve Vai had popularized this amp with Alcatraz, on the Flexible album, etc. I loved the amp. Have listened to a few videos of it lately; great sound, very unique and really takes me back. Sure would like an amp block of this for my AXE-FX III! Would be easy-peasy for Cliff based on the Legacy and other things already modeled, I'm sure! Please consider! Thanks.
looks like one of Dweezil's X100Bs is going up for sale shortly. not sure if that's one that was used by his dad which definitely would make it a little piece of history. just putting this out there ;) ...

I played an X100B for about 10 years, before I got an AX8. Very cool amp, I loved the clean channel - especially with the Xotic EP Booster and a BB Preamp in front :) Never got the overdrive channel to work for me though.
I think schematics can be found on Carvin Audio's site, but I'm not sure if they're what's needed.

I also would love an X100b model. Been playing one since 1989 amd recently got a second one!

Can I put a vote in for the Carr Telstar? It's a really unique layout- it's got an octal preamp tube, with a 6L6 (or 6V6, EL-34, etc) in a push/pull configuration with an EL-84. It is a really nice sounding amp, and would make a great addition to the low/medium gain amps in the Axe!

I personally would like to generator 120, hk triamp , Rivera kr7, pitbull ultralead, framus cobra, omega ampworks obsedian just to name a few

Lee Jackson GP-1000 preamp (mated with a mesa poweramp running EL84's)

if you wonder if they sound any good, this godly tone was recorded with one using an early mesa 50 caliber power section -

if you wonder if they sound any good, this godly tone was recorded with one using an early mesa 50 caliber power section -

My favorite Holdsworth album... Probably because it was the first one I owned, but it sounds great!

They're also classics in a polar opposite genre: Children of Bodom's classic sound.

A friend has an original Model T. Four 6550s with a tweaked Tweed Bassman preamp. Loud as $#!+. Plays bass through it....

High headroom is a good time. I want more big iron amps for the post-x crowd (and bass). The 130dB part is a key ingredient though.

Also wouldnt mind the orange dual dark 100 to go with the RV50 and tiny terror. Or the new RV mk3.

Marshall DSL series - the new R models, I have the 5CR and it is impressive, smooth high gain and tons of headroom in the clean channel that breaks up nicely in when pushed.
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Wizard amps
Randall Satan
Orange Rockerverb 100 MkIII
PRS MT15
Blackstar HT Stage 100 MkII
Friedman Twin Sister and Pink Taco
Peavey Invective
Revv Generator 120 MkIII

Back
Top Bottom