WISH: Amp-Cab X/Y footswitch

I do the X/Y amp cab pair switch via a single button on my AFXII units all the time. It would be handy to have that functionality in the AX8 as well...

TT

But you don't have to change everything when using scenes, only what you want changed.
Right, but let's say you have a couple of fx turned on (or off) that aren't the default for the scene. Then when you change scenes, those fx will "reset" - having a dedicated switch lets you keep the other fx in their current state.

Last edited:
Right, but let's say you have a couple of fx turned on (or off) that aren't the default for the scene. Then when you change scenes, those fx will "reset" - having a dedicated switch lets you keep the other fx in their current state.

Yes, that's the idea.

I don't want to use Scenes for that.
it's to replace the Amp X/Y switch.
I think it would be far more useful to change both amp and cab at the same time since most of the time an amp is paired with a matching cab.
That's what I was trying to explain.
Yeah, and scene 1/2 toggle does the amp/cab thing you're after

I wonder if it would be possible to assign multiple items to one footswitch? I can think of several other scenarios of multiple X/y or on/off with one switch that would be useful.

I wonder if it would be possible to assign multiple items to one footswitch? I can think of several other scenarios of multiple X/y or on/off with one switch that would be useful.
You can do that now with the CS switches.

It would work for on/off but unfortunately X/Y can not be modified by a Control Switch.
True, you can't use it for X/Y. But you can use a single Control Switch to bypass half a dozen effects, change levels, change rotary speed, and a bunch of other stuff—all at once.

There is clearly an independent use for an Amp+Cab X-Y switch. As to whether or not there will be time to develop one, only time will tell.
As a programmer, I think this wouldn't take too many lines of code.
I don't think it's a matter of time
Guess I'll have to wait until one of the big shots asks for this feature ;)

Back
Top Bottom