WISH: Amp-Cab X/Y footswitch

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
Option for a Amp-Cab X/Y footswitch.
This way you can switch the amp/cab combination with one footswitch.
AmpX could be a Marshall with a 4x12" cab as CabX
AmpY could be a Fender with a 2x12" cab as CabY

This way you can switch between two totally different amp/cab combinations.
Not just the amps.

.....All I know is, I just lost a couple early AM hours with a glorious Dr Z maz38 patch with my FX8 in the Ax8 loop and a pair of Sennheiser HD 800....Thanx yet again FAS folk, for allowing us to witness up close guitar tone history before our eyes and ears.

Any way: I would like to have modifiers, X/Y etc assignments to any FS (think Boss... or even Line 6). Plus more sophisticated MIDI command sending (two MIDI blocks from FX8 is a minimum for me).

@Joe Rogers
1. any chances for MIDI block and/or more MIDI sending option for future FW?
2. any chances for "FS assigments" of modifiers and MIDI command?

Any way: I would like to have modifiers, X/Y etc assignments to any FS (think Boss... or even Line 6). Plus more sophisticated MIDI command sending (two MIDI blocks from FX8 is a minimum for me).

@Joe Rogers
1. any chances for MIDI block and/or more MIDI sending option for future FW?
2. any chances for "FS assigments" of modifiers and MIDI command?

Exactly! Great option to have this!

I think it would be far more useful to change both amp and cab at the same time since most of the time an amp is paired with a matching cab.

I understand what you want, and it makes sense. But are you aware that this is any FOH engineers worst nightmare. Changing the cab means completely changing your sounds EQ signature, so in order for you to sit in the mix, he would have to change EQ, every time you hit the AMP/CAB X/Y switch. I think you will get better results in your band mix by choosing a cab that works with both amps.

Sorry for side tracking

It would be cool to have a dedicated command for that. You could then switch amp+cab independently from the actual preset/scene configuration, at any time, while keeping everything else the same. It's similar to switching channels on a guitar amp, while keeping the effects the same.

I've been wanting a similar thing on the AxeFx for some time: a dedicated amp1/amp2 toggle switch.
Ideally we get a single CC, with multiple values, to switch between various amp/cab configurations.

I understand what you want, and it makes sense. But are you aware that this is any FOH engineers worst nightmare. Changing the cab means completely changing your sounds EQ signature, so in order for you to sit in the mix, he would have to change EQ, every time you hit the AMP/CAB X/Y switch. I think you will get better results in your band mix by choosing a cab that works with both amps.

This is complete nonsens.
If I switch from a clean preset with f.e. a Fender amp with 2x12" Jensens to my Lead amp -FAS hotrod with the pre Rola 55 cab, I'm doing exactly the same.
The FOH engineer has to do diddly squat.
He leaves my eq flat as usual.

I've been wanting a similar thing on the AxeFx for some time: a dedicated amp1/amp2 toggle switch.
Ideally we get a single CC, with multiple values, to switch between various amp/cab configurations.
That's how I programmed it in my Gordius.
I have a stompbox programmed that sends both CC's

I don't want to use Scenes for that.
it's to replace the Amp X/Y switch.
I think it would be far more useful to change both amp and cab at the same time since most of the time an amp is paired with a matching cab.
That's what I was trying to explain.
I wouldn't want it to *replace* the Amp X/Y switch, I'd want another option to do Amp & Cab at the same time. Reason? I often use Amp X/Y to simply boost the Amp from a cleaner rhythm sound to a solo sound. And in that case, I don't want the Cab to change. But other times, like your example, I might want to go from a clean Fender to a totally different hi-gain sound.

And I agree that while Scenes will accomplish this, as Yek said often you don't want to change everything else. It's just another option that we could have to enable more flexibility and creativity :)

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I could set up the amp and cab on their own switches but there's a delay and you can't press 2 switches down at once, at least not function simultaneously.

And I agree that while Scenes will accomplish this, as Yek said often you don't want to change everything else. It's just another option that we could have to enable more flexibility and creativity :)

But you don't have to change everything when using scenes, only what you want changed.

Back
Top Bottom