Wireless system for FM3

Yes (the Soundcraft stage mixer is typically at 2.4Ghz, but we have a external 5G option if needed depending on the venue), and no problems with the Xvive's so far (that's two 2.4Ghz Xvives for bass and guitar IEM's as the drummer is cabled). The basses are cabled, and the various guitars have three wireless units available depending on the venue (UHF, or 2.4Ghz, or 5G).

No issues with the Xvives so far, and we've always been able to get the Mixer WiFi working at either 2.4Ghz or 5G depending on the venue.
That's weird. Ours were really early ones so maybe they improved them. Yes, we had them on different channels. Tried all combinations. I even contacted Xvive support for tips. We abandoned the Xvives. Bass is on a cable again and I've gone to a uhf from thomann. I really don't like cables.
Now we're going to IEMs so I need to consider affordable systems and cheap uhf systems don't cut it. I have one in the € 300 range and it's noisy and trebly which you don't want for guitar,

That's weird. Ours were really early ones so maybe they improved them. Yes, we had them on different channels. Tried all combinations. I even contacted Xvive support for tips. We abandoned the Xvives. Bass is on a cable again and I've gone to a uhf from thomann. I really don't like cables.
Now we're going to IEMs so I need to consider affordable systems and cheap uhf systems don't cut it. I have one in the € 300 range and it's noisy and trebly which you don't want for guitar,
IEM bass response relies on proper fitment, no way around that!

We use cheap KZ AS10's...

Amazon product ASIN B07GW8GVG1
...with Comply Memory Foam tips (the tips are critical for me to get a good bass response with any IEM), via the Xvives (though we don't play huge stages or go out into the crowd etc). Also, IEM's can take a beating gigging so I don't see the need for high dollar IEM's as these KZ AS10's sound great with the Comply Memory Foam tips properly fitted to the individual.

https://www.complyfoam.com/

@RLD

If you don’t mind, could you share a photo or description of how the transmitter belt clip works and maybe what it looks like. I haven’t been able to find any information other that it comes with a transmitter body pack belt clip.

I hope it works well for you. Looks like a nice solution.

Thanks
Sorry, I missed this back then...I've used the GLDX16+on many gigs since receiving it and it has performed flawlessly without a drop so far.
Even if it does eventually drop, I have confidence I can find an open band between the 2.4 and 5.8 channels.
Couple pics of my rig...attached to pedalboard and for my strap I like the neoprene velcro pouches.
Battery life on these units is 11 hours...so far so good!
20230729_080057.jpg20230729_080246.jpg

I'm using the Shure GLDX16+ and it works flawlessly. I have it mounted on my pedalboard next to my EV1 and I use it's tuner when I need to. Checked it against my Peterson strobe tuner and it is very accurate!

Most power supplies come with Y pigtail adapters that are wired in parallel so the amperage is added. When in series, the voltage is added. In other words, two 9V 300ma taps in parallel will give you 9V and 600ma (good for a GLX). Wired in series, you'll get 18V at 300ma. Just make sure you RTFM of your power supply, get the appropriate cables, and you should be good to go.
Thanks. This is a great idea.

I'm currently running my board with a Walrus Audio Aetos supply. I went with this because it has a 120VAC output on it as well as pedal power. This is awesome since I can just run one power cable from my board and it takes care of everything. Unfortunately it only has two 300mA 9V outputs. I've been using one for my G30 and the other for my Morningstar MC6 (which requires a minimum of 120mA). I'm guessing if I run the two 300mA outputs to the GLX, I could do the same thing with two 100mA outputs to run the GLX.

Line6 Relay G50 for about 5 years. Up until a few weeks ago I would have said I've never had any issues playing bass and guitar through it. However at a festival gig a few weeks ago all 3 of us (one bass player, two guitarists all using G50s) experienced intermittent drop outs. Never happened before, seems that something must have been interfering with all 3 units.

Sorry, I missed this back then...I've used the GLDX16+on many gigs since receiving it and it has performed flawlessly without a drop so far.
Even if it does eventually drop, I have confidence I can find an open band between the 2.4 and 5.8 channels.
Couple pics of my rig...attached to pedalboard and for my strap I like the neoprene velcro pouches.
Battery life on these units is 11 hours...so far so good!
View attachment 124207View attachment 124208
Thanks @RLD ! Cheers!

Reactions: RLD
IEM bass response relies on proper fitment, no way around that!

We use cheap KZ AS10's...

Amazon product ASIN B07GW8GVG1
...with Comply Memory Foam tips (the tips are critical for me to get a good bass response with any IEM), via the Xvives (though we don't play huge stages or go out into the crowd etc). Also, IEM's can take a beating gigging so I don't see the need for high dollar IEM's as these KZ AS10's sound great with the Comply Memory Foam tips properly fitted to the individual.

https://www.complyfoam.com/
Using KZ ZSX, love them. They sound better than Shure 215SE and Sennheiser IE 100 pro I also have. I like the zsx sound but they're a bit heavy. Have a set of ZS10 Pro X coming in.
Tried a lot of tips, every size silicone and foam. I can't get foam into my rather thin and curvy ear canals. Foam expands before it's in.

Problem with my IEM is not with the tips or the fit. It's just a noisy and bright receiver . It's a LD systems MEI 1000 G2 that's not the cheapest but apparently mine is noisy. I've since found reviews that agree with me.

Using KZ ZSX, love them. They sound better than Shure 215SE and Sennheiser IE 100 pro I also have. I like the zsx sound but they're a bit heavy. Have a set of ZS10 Pro X coming in.
I also have both the SE215 and ZSX'es. I prefer the SE215 for live use. They isolate much more at gig levels (using Shure olive foam tips). They don't sound flat or anywhere near the same as FOH at alll, but I find they suit distorted guitar frequencies very well. They have an overly warm mid-range and cut off a lot of high end, so it is actually quite pleasing to use them for long sets. The ZSX sound more hi-fi for sure, a little but too much for my liking (kinda siblant, too much V shaped) for live use.

I happen to have been asked by my band-mates to suggest them some IEMs, since they are also finally ready to also make the switch. I'm partial to Shure or Mackie because of their reputation in the music business, durability, fit/comfort, isolation etc. However I'm still open to the Chi-Fi alternatives.
How are you liking the ZS10 Pro X'es?

I also have both the SE215 and ZSX'es. I prefer the SE215 for live use. They isolate much more at gig levels (using Shure olive foam tips). They don't sound flat or anywhere near the same as FOH at alll, but I find they suit distorted guitar frequencies very well. They have an overly warm mid-range and cut off a lot of high end, so it is actually quite pleasing to use them for long sets. The ZSX sound more hi-fi for sure, a little but too much for my liking (kinda siblant, too much V shaped) for live use.

I happen to have been asked by my band-mates to suggest them some IEMs, since they are also finally ready to also make the switch. I'm partial to Shure or Mackie because of their reputation in the music business, durability, fit/comfort, isolation etc. However I'm still open to the Chi-Fi alternatives.
How are you liking the ZS10 Pro X'es?
Returned the se215s. Sennheisers won out of those two.
ZS10 Pro X's came in and they beat out the Sennheisers so those are going back too. I like the form of the Senns but they were hard to insert well. Tried all sorts and sizes of tips, Senns come with a good selection. Even tried the ones from the KZ'S, they fit on the earpieces but still hard to get in well. Somehow they are way harder to get tight enough for reasonable low end and comfy at the same time.

ZS10s are slightly smaller than ZSXs, small enough for me. ZS10 sound is comparable to ZSX so stronger low end and good clarity. Maybe I just like extra bass, though. I've always been more of a hifi guy than an amp-in-the-room guy. Not bothered by mids. Could always add some in the output EQ.
Fit is easy, I put these in and they're good. I don't get it, same tips. The ZS10s did come with a bad cable so I ordered some extra and use the ZSXs for now. I got some upgraded cables too but the double wired ones are heavy.
Haven't tried them live yet. They compare well to my speakers, so I'm pretty confident.

I sometimes read an online magazine about p&w music. They feature gear lists of well known artists in the p&w field. I've seen ZS10s on at least two already. Those guys really have budgets and pick them anyway. I think churches is currently the sector that's keeping the business alive. Some of those setups are unbelievable.

----

Just now spent another hour or so comparing. The Senns are pretty good, but the tips don't fit me well, the Senns with the KZ tips are slightly better. I think the better/easier fit of the KZ is also due to it having slightly longer stems at a slightly different angle, so they stick into my earcanal differently.
With no music on and listening to my wife on a phone conversation there is no difference in isolation. The TRN Foam tips I have isolate slightly better and are a little smaller in sound bandwidth, less lows and highs. Which is counterintuitive but I guess the silicon's are just right for my ears.
Isolation isn't that much of a thing for me because we have an almost silent stage. Just can't get our drummer to go electric. I don't mind, I like a bit of drums crosstalk.

We don't have talkbacks so on occasion I need to pull my in-ears for on stage communication (skip next song!!!) so the speed of insertion is a thing for me.

Man, Guy Pratt's bass playing on Pink Floyd's Pulse Live is SO ON!

Last edited:
After using several different units over the past 5 years, I picked up the new GLXD6+ unit back in March and haven't looked back. Great connectivity, reliable, and easy to use. No issues with dropouts or anything for live playing in packed clubs.

+

Back
Top Bottom