Wireless for Fm9

I’m using the Shure QLXD and it’s great! Excellent digital transmission but away from crowded 2.4/5Ghz bands. It is tight, but the half 19” receiver just fits under my temple duo board.

Used a G50 at a gig last week and was reminded how excellent they are. No noise or dropouts, very responsive to guitar volume knob and playing dynamics (not super-companded).

Yet another Shure GLXD-16 user here, I've used mine with my regular board, Helix, AX8 and now FM9

It has been absolutely awesome, and I'm sad to see they're discontinued. Think I paid around $500 Canadian with the L&M performance warranty in 2016 and it still looks new, built incredibly well!

I've had literally one dropout when I decided to jump off the stage and solo my way to the bar for a shot and back, through a thick crowd of smartphones with their wifi all turned on I'm sure. Maybe 150 ft? And the reciever was behind a wedge.

+1 if you can find a used one, check it out

I've got the Shure GLXD-16 and Sennheiser XSW - they both work great.

I bought a couple of these cheap wireless units for jamming in the living room. I used one at a gig a couple weeks ago with the FM3 and worked great for me.

Amazon product ASIN B07L5B64RG

These are amazing and very cheap. Been using them for almost a year. Played probably almost a 100 gigs with only 1 drop out that was about a half a second. Amazon product ASIN B07L5B64RG
Thanks for the heads up on these. I just want something for around the house or jam room, so gonna check them out.

I use the Line 6 Relay G75. I have one in the rack of my stage rig, and one in the floor case with my FM9. That and the G70 are Line 6's 4th gen wireless, and AFAIK, the lowest latency of any consumer wireless. I'm confident that what's hitting my amp is a more accurate representation of what's leaving my guitar than if I used analog wireless or a cable.

In terms of 2.4GHz contention, I just do one last frequency scan before the show starts, to find the optimal band. I've never had any issues.

Last edited:
I’m using the Shure QLXD and it’s great! Excellent digital transmission but away from crowded 2.4/5Ghz bands. It is tight, but the half 19” receiver just fits under my temple duo board.
Yea, I tucked the same receiver in the back of my board. Worked great, and was totally out of the way.

That said- the best feature of that receiver is that you can charge an extra wireless pack battery right in the receiver- so you were guaranteed to never not have a charged battery! and those batteries last forever...

After trying the Xvive (good quality, battery lasting 30 mins after a year) I tried this one:
Amazon product ASIN B07YTBJF5P
and after 13 months I'm still impressed!
Long lasting battery and high quality signal (absolutely on par with a high quality cable).
Materials look cheap, but they survived my toddlers with no sign at all

Once you go free-range wireless. with no cable to trip over, it's hard to give that up.
I had a "technical" problem a couple weeks ago (forgot batteries) and had to spend 2 hours tethered to my rig with a cable. Oof.

Reactions: Rex
I had a "technical" problem a couple weeks ago (forgot batteries) and had to spend 2 hours tethered to my rig with a cable. Oof.
Been there. As much as I love wireless, I always keep a cable rolled up in front of my monitor, just in case.

Line 6 will swear on a stack of bibles interference is impossible but I’ve personally experienced it.
Me too. Had G60, G10 and now G10II and all of them suffer the same.
If you are very close to another 2.4 source, there are dropouts. In my studio when im next to my PC (WiFi), the PC will dropout first and than sometimes the L6.
When our sound guy in the practice room will come to adjust the PA with his iPad......same.

Back
Top Bottom