Wimbledon on ESPN

It is worth noting that the UK tv licence is only £159 per year ($200) for all the BBC channels and radio, all ad free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole
Not really. Vast majority is without any bias. And an intelligent viewer can filter what there might be.
You mean the BBC that employed "Sir", by the grace of the British Crown, Jim will fix it for half a century?

Apart from that, media manipulation is not only done by twisting the truth or lying, it can be done by omitting vital facts and only mentioning truths that suit a particular agenda.

To stay on topic: What are your predictions for the men's semi-finals? I believe it'll be a Djokovic versus Alcaraz final, though Sinner's form looks promising this year on grass.

You mean the BBC that employed "Sir", by the grace of the British Crown, Jim will fix it for half a century?

Apart from that, media manipulation is not only done by twisting the truth or lying, it can be done by omitting vital facts and only mentioning truths that suit a particular agenda.
Not defending that horror story - simply making the point about the quality of the output, and that an informed viewer can form a rounded view of any story by consuming critically. Don’t believe all you see and hear (And same goes for any media outlet globally).
Cheers.

I hope Djokovic versus Alcaraz, because the level of their match on Roland-Garros was out of the world (until Alcaraz's injury).

Not defending that horror story - simply making the point about the quality of the output, and that an informed viewer can form a rounded view of any story by consuming critically. Don’t believe all you see and hear (And same goes for any media outlet globally).
Cheers.
That horror story wasn't just a fluke, that's my whole point. When such people are at the very top of a governmental institution, there's no way you'll get the real story behind any occurence involving critical information for the populace.

What the BBC does is show you a picture of a window, but they'll never show the whole skyscraper. Doesn't matter how smart you are, the picture they're painting is simply insufficient to form a circumspect opinion. I've read their articles about the Maidan Revolution ten years ago and I also read more recent reports on the war in Ukraine. Their journalism is biased at best and malignant at worst.

There's an economic principle that will always hold true no matter what: You don't bite the hand that feeds. Ever.

I hope Djokovic versus Alcaraz, because the level of their match on Roland-Garros was out of the world (until Alcaraz's injury).
I enjoyed their Roland Garros clash very much right until Alcaraz' cramps ruined the match. I still believe the cramps were provoked by Djokovic's strategic playstyle- draining the opponent's endurance - rather than it simply being an ordinary injury that was caused by, say, landing awkwardly on the wrong foot.

Let's hope their Wimbledon encounter will be a full spectacle from beginning until the end.

I'm in the US, and I love the BBC Global News Podcast; I don't hear any propaganda there. To me they very much reflect US NPR shows, and I mean that as a compliment. Of course, the BBC is about half a century older, so I should say, NPR shows very much reflect BBC news. 🙂

cant watch any sports in real time. dvr, start watching the recording 30-60 mins in(depending on network/sport), ff thru commercials/halftime, etc. It's amazing, turns out there is a whole lotta other stuff you can do with the time...

Which is it? NPR is largely propaganda.

Haha, I'll just say I disagree with a passion. 🙂 If you do feel that way, then what organisations do you consider to represent good journalism? I'm genuinely curious where that leaves you. Fundamentally, by what measure do you value a journalist's work?

Haha, I'll just say I disagree with a passion. 🙂 If you do feel that way, then what organisations do you consider to represent good journalism? I'm genuinely curious where that leaves you. Fundamentally, by what measure do you value a journalist's work?
Could you start by defining "journalism" as you see it?

Gearing up for a couple of great finals matches this weekend.

This is the match I was wishing for as well. Alcaraz has reignited my eagerness to watch tennis, which died when Federer stopped playing. I'm rooting for him, but I'd never bet against Nole.

Back
Top Bottom