Will there be FM3 Mini ? Fractal answer to the new Kemper Profiler Player

Kemper just released Profiler Player: https://www.kemper-amps.com/products/ua/profiler-player.html

It's really small and portable and weight is 1,1Kg. Really looks like ultimate solution for really portable one-in-one rig.

But I love Fractal and used Fractal stuff for years, so don't want to move to Kemper. Is there any chance Fractal will release lightweight and compact alternative to FM3 ?

FM3 is great (I have one), but it's bulky and heavy compared to all modern modellers which came out latest years. Still hope Fractal will do it's version of the ultimate light and compact modeller.

Chris, if you can - please put some light on this. Thanks!

FM3 is bulky and heavy ? I used to lug around a pair of Marshall stacks. Gee, next thing you know, people will want a Fractal phone app cause they don't want to carry anything at all.

At first, I thought the FM3 could have been a little smaller too, but it does so much that I'm really happy with it. Plus, it fits nicely in a carry-on bag for flying.

Gee, next thing you know, people will want a Fractal phone app cause they don't want to carry anything at all.
Im Not No Way GIF

Nothing is wrong with that! I just want to take my guitar with me, no pedals or cables. I agree that FM3 is quite perfect as is, and I know by now that all my fav presets are ~80CPU, so in fact I'm looking at buying FM9, but still...
No kidding though, Fractal stuff should be in any venue, in addition/instead of Fender backline. It's in the interests of sound guys even more than guitarists themselves
But Fractal will need to finally add the flash drive-2-unit feature first :D

Seems inevitable that Fractal will advance something micro, and I would be all in. A Fractal profiler, which would give you amp/cab and 3 effects, and 20 presets? the size of a normal stompbox? Heck yes I say. I know it has been discussed quite a few times, and the FM3 isn't exactly a boat anchor, but I'll bet a sizeable percentage of us will have a micro rig within the next 3 years, might as well make it a Fractal!

Kemper just released Profiler Player: https://www.kemper-amps.com/products/ua/profiler-player.html

It's really small and portable and weight is 1,1Kg. Really looks like ultimate solution for really portable one-in-one rig.

But I love Fractal and used Fractal stuff for years, so don't want to move to Kemper. Is there any chance Fractal will release lightweight and compact alternative to FM3 ?

FM3 is great (I have one), but it's bulky and heavy compared to all modern modellers which came out latest years. Still hope Fractal will do it's version of the ultimate light and compact modeller.

Why follow? when you are already the leader?

It is significantly cheaper though (700€ vs 1500€), so different flavors and market segments
It's only a $300 difference in the States, so pretty much the same market. Import taxes are almost always more impactful outside of the US.

How is Kemper even relevant anymore? 80% of profiles sound like garbage, and there’s much cheaper alternatives to Kemper now like Tonex, etc.

It's only a $300 difference in the States, so pretty much the same market. Import taxes are almost always more impactful outside of the US.

I don't live in the states so I only stated the reality for everyone in Europe.
700 vs 1500 is indeed very much different price segments, don't you agree?

I don't live in the states so I only stated the reality for everyone in Europe.
700 vs 1500 is indeed very much different price segments, don't you agree?
Just making the point that you have to make allowances for import taxes (in your case). The difference is much smaller for FAS's domestic market.

Back
Top Bottom