Will Axe-FX II have brand new, realistic presets available?

i cleared all the factory presets on my Ultra. now bank A is for live patches. B is for developing acoustic and synth patches. and C is for electric guitar tweaking and development. nicely ordered.

Instead of brand-new, realistic presets the Axe-Fx II will have the oldest, most non-realistic presets possible gathered from classic gear of the past including the ART SGX-2000, Alesis Midiverb, Zoom 2020 and, of course, the Rockman X100.

I think I created a monster. :)

I have never owned an Axe-FX but have been researching for years and am excited about the "II" coming out. Guaranteed I'll pull up any preset and be blown away.

Instead of brand-new, realistic presets the Axe-Fx II will have the oldest, most non-realistic presets possible gathered from classic gear of the past including the ART SGX-2000, Alesis Midiverb, Zoom 2020 and, of course, the Rockman X100.

What? No Digitech?
How bout more ART like the SGE-MachII

Most iconic tones of the last 50 years are pretty basic stuff without too much fuss.
And most of those tones underwent significant processing in the studio.

But I want to get the best organic tones in history without much fuss. Is that too much to ask?
We all want to get the best stuff in history (organic tones, cars, spouses) without working at it too much. That rarely happens in real life. But there's reliable evidence that the Axe-FX II will get you there with less effort than previous versions.

I expect fractal to put me in the most user friendly tonal nirvana that is possible without the MIT graduation requirement. Simple really.lol
It's dead simple. You can take a preset, bypass everything but the amp and cab, and see what you think of it. Or you can take a blank preset, drop in an amp and cab, and...see what you think of it. If you really need someone to do that work for you, you will be overwhelmed by any modelling product.

And if this proves to be the case I will also bring my $2200 to the table.
That's not how it works. You bring your $2200 to the table, see if it suits you, then return it if it doesn't. Until you do that, all you have to go on is other people's words about ease of use, and you already have that.

Seriously, if you require a processor to have ready-made presets that suit your individual tastes, then you are out of luck on this planet.

Seriously, if you require a processor to have ready-made presets that suit your individual tastes, then you are out of luck on this planet.

Can't name a single one that does. Oh, sure, there are some presets here and there that happen to work for you, but you have no idea 1) what guitar/pickups are used, 2) what output device is used, 3) what environment the presets were created in (room size, etc), and 4) (most importantly) whether or not the one creating the presets thinks the same way you do in terms of what you want to hear.

My advice is to find some that you do like (or are close) and tweak them or (better yet) what Rex said and drop an amp and a cab in a blank patch and start from there. You can always piece things together from other presets if you want. Like a delay from one? Just import that block from that patch to your new one. Doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing.

Dialing up your own presets is honestly now a no-brainer. The learning curve is diminished greatly. Getting killer raw tones - usable ones live and recording - is practically as easy as 1-2-3.

No BS either. It's really that fast, that easy.

Yeah! For a prospective new buyer, no experience with Ultra or Standard- this is very enticing, as well as the no compromise tones.

Also - I can confirm there will be new presets from various sources. Some of mine will be in there. Some very good, usable right out of the box stuff will come with it in terms of presets.

I don't own an Axe-FX but have heard that alot of people don't use the presets because they are over-the-top effects wise, etc. I was wondering if the Axe-FX II is going to have new presets available that are different from the Ultra and also will they be more plug-and-play so to speak? It would be nice to hit preset 1 and have a nice, dry, plexi tone, etc.

I'd rather have basic presets that can become more advanced later, rather than the other way around.

Should you become an owner it will do you some good to learn the unit buy ether editing the existing ones or making your own, seriously it is the best way to get to know how things work in the Axe.

Could you mabye just give that to me in a more basic simple sarcasm or irony? Satire is a little too dialed in for me. :)

LOL +1

FWIW, I was playing my standard today, and was blown away at the tones coming out... can't wait for the II. C'mon Cliff, where's the talent knob though? All I want is to be the best player ever, with a minimum amount of fuss. Really, honestly, that's all I want...

Dialing up your own presets is honestly now a no-brainer. The learning curve is diminished greatly. Getting killer raw tones - usable ones live and recording - is practically as easy as 1-2-3.

No BS either. It's really that fast, that easy.

That is good to hear. I sold my Ultra and will be ordering the Axe Fx II. In the interim I was using Line 6 Podfarm last couple of nights. Much easier to get a usable tone actually.
Not the same feel or quality of modeling-but not bad.
Of course the software editor is a lot better with Podfarm, also.

That said- I found lots of factory presets that were quite good right out of the box with the Ultra.

That is good to hear. I sold my Ultra and will be ordering the Axe Fx II. In the interim I was using Line 6 Podfarm last couple of nights. Much easier to get a usable tone actually.
Not the same feel or quality of modeling-but not bad.
Of course the software editor is a lot better with Podfarm, also.

That said- I found lots of factory presets that were quite good right out of the box with the Ultra.

did you see good fellas? I have a feeling if Cliff read this he would say nice very cool glad you like the podfarm, oh you want to buy the axe 2, bash you in the head to death with the axe 2 and tell you "now go home and get yer podfarm (shinebox)", lol.

Hey symphx,

I do have the Axe Fx II and I now have 12 great patches. ;0) I'm unable to make clips until Tuesday night when I get back home. I can and will share the patches, once the II is available for every one.

Larry

Larry, that's great...can't wait to get the patches!

Maybe Willowdale has a point. For $2k doesn't Cliff owe it to each of us to send us an axe fx preloaded with 384 presets that fit each of our individual definitions of perfect tone? Considering that would take an infinite amount of guesswork, I'd even be so magnanimous as to send him back the unit when he guesses wrong about the exact tones I like. While we're at it, I think Cliff owes us a book/dvd training combo that can teach us about all the basics of tone sculpting that we haven't bothered to learn over the years. Yes, this book will also have to be custom written for each of us, since we all learn differently and will all be using the Axe FX with different gear. It really is his responsibility - if he makes it possible to get great tones from 50 different kinds of amps without having to spend $100k, then he also owes it to us to do the rest of the work and actually dial the presets for us. Oh, and I'm pissed that my Ultra can't play Angry Birds.

WTF?

Last edited:
Also - I can confirm there will be new presets from various sources. Some of mine will be in there. Some very good, usable right out of the box stuff will come with it in terms of presets.

Cool !! You see what just a little bit of complaining and bitching can do fellas. Works like a charm.

Now if only Cliff would come and cut my lawn(or send one of his beta testers to do it) lol

Back
Top Bottom