Why no Effects Forum?

I'd love having a separate section just for effects, because even with the search function, it's hard to find certain effect types you want to try and emulate.

I think a separate forum would encourage more people to try and emulate certain pedals that don't come default in the axe like say, the boss BF-2 flanger, boss VB-2 vibrato, or even an ehx small clone chorus.

A block exchange would also be great for sharing effects and stuff.
That's exactly what I am talking about! Joe

So I imagine you might have better receptivity with the forum owners/managers if you posed the question a little differently perhaps.

Instead of asking "why not", you'd likely be perceived a little more positively if you kindly asked for it in a constructive and encouraging manner, articulating the benefits to the community, of focus on effects by FAS and the members here (as you are doing in your posts). Make the case, perhaps be willing to help in some manner (as many here do of their own initiative).

The title just needs tweaking bro. I’d change the “tone” a little to get more receptivity rather than looking at what’s not here, to what could be here and how awesome it would be for the community.

As I stated I primarily bought my axe for the effects, how they are managed and the crazy flexibility. If we could focus on effects blocks like we do with amps, it would be incredible. (The amps are so good now!)

Perhaps by me being new, I’ve missed the history of effects here at FAS so I may not fully understand FAS rationale for their position of supporting these key effects features.

I’m 100% behind the idea of a sub-forum dedicated to (and exchanging) FX blocks that emulate famous stomp boxes, racks in classic configs. We have some of that already, but more is mo’ betta IMO.
This was an actual question with no "tone" implied. I am fairly new to the Axe, and after digging in deeper, saw haw difficult it was to track down effects blocks without a ton of digging. Just wondering why effects would not be a standard forum like cabs and amps. If we have a forum for full presets from "famous Artists", why not an effects blocks forum for creating new and unused presets using member added effects blocks. The potential is certainly in the axe, we just need a way to consolidate and share the info. Joe

Trying to help you get you get you want ... I've been around on this rock for a long time and simply made some suggestions that might optimize your chances ...That's all bro ...

I've been hanging here for just over 3 years and this topic has come up a few times. Cliff and Matt pretty much said just use the preset exchange forum if I recall correctly because it makes more sense to have it there in their opinion.

I've been hanging here for just over 3 years and this topic has come up a few times. Cliff and Matt pretty much said just use the preset exchange forum if I recall correctly because it makes more sense to have it there in their opinion.
The preset exchange is ok, but it makes it hard to just scroll and find new stuff. No offense intended, but all I usually find in there are eighties metal presets for the most part...which is fine just not what I am searching for. It is more rare to just have somebody go..here is how to get the Boss CE-1 sound. Etc Joe

Trying to help you get you get you want ... I've been around on this rock for a long time and simply made some suggestions that might optimize your chances ...That's all bro ...
Understood, I just wanted you to know I was not trying to be demanding or a Dick about it. I was just seriously curious why. I guess I just veiw Presets and blocks as two seperate monsters and wondered why each didn't have their own spot. Joe

@Joero6 FWIW I didn't think there was anything wrong with the tone or position of your request. It's just significant enough that I don't want to make the change without @FractalAudio or @Admin M@ telling me to make it.
I just didn't want it to come across wrong like I was being demanding or rude. I just feel it is missing and could be very helpful to a lot of people. Joe

I just didn't want it to come across wrong like I was being demanding or rude. I just feel it is missing and could be very helpful to a lot of people. Joe
You're not coming across that way. I thought we had a really good discussion about it.

Yes, we're going to need more rancor.

While a separate 'Effects' forum is a nice thought, we've reduced the amount of forums because it makes it easier to find (and post correctly) what you're looking for. Reviews on external amps/cabs? Easy.

Preset exchange exists for this reason. I've been moving every 'I want this tone' thread over there regardless of whether it is an amp tone, FX tone, or any combination thereof. The deficiencies come when posts or threads do not hold the proper keywords for what you're looking for in a search. Many times you get more threads than you can reasonably look through.

IMO a separate sub forum will not solve this issue, but make it more complex (is the dive bomb effect JUST delay, etc? Or is it integrally tied to the amp that you use?) "Where is that posted?" or 'Where do I post that?" Now you have 2 places to look.

I'm all for a block area in AxeChange. Not so much more sub forums.

IMO.

And of course, whatever direction Fractal wants to go with it, it'll be supported. They do own the car after all.

R

I would support a dedicated effects sub-forum. I can't tell you how many times I run across brilliant info on dialing in a effect in some random thread, which I could easily have missed, or impossible to find again when I want.

If I had a question or comment about effects, I'd still post them in the "Axe FX-II Discussion" forum to maximize the number of viewers/contributors. Many posters tend to avoid subforums out of concern few people will see their posts. And I see no problem with that as long as the subject is on-topic.

As I only hit "new posts" and "search", I don't know if I would fight for an effect sub, but on the other hand I already searched for it !
i.e. if I'm searching elaborate sounds like muse map of the problematique or crazy things to do with a whammy bloc or fuzz, I would search it in the effect sub :)

...which is fine just not what I am searching for. It is more rare to just have somebody go..here is how to get the Boss CE-1 sound. Etc Joe

If you can't find what you are looking for, simply create a post and ask for some help, in the preset exchange forum.

If you can't find what you are looking for, simply create a post and ask for some help, in the preset exchange forum.
That's part of the point though that I think a lot of people are missing. If there was a place that was just for effects blocks...be it in the form of a sub forum or a section in the axe-change we could browse. That is not really a viable option right now. I can browse presets all day long, and have a few times just to try out something different. But I do feel that there are many people here who have amp and cab combos that they are happy with, and are not looking to download a preset that is made to emulate a specific player. Now, if we could just browse through effects, you might find a pedal you have never tried (or thought of trying) and that pedal might open up new sonic possibilities for you and inspire you to write new songs. It is not so much that I am looking for help on getting the tones of the pedals I used to use befor the axe, because I have made them. I just think the possibility to browse to find new effects would be killer! Joe

!!! How about including a notorious sub-forum disclaimer in the title, call it New Fx Forum - Note: For Fx Related Posts Prior To 5-13-16 Please See Presets Forum
!!! Great Idea! { ' '} No?

Oh, gosh, that is a pretty tard idea, huh! I feel crap now :(

And I was hoping for sub-forums under it for each Block besides the Amp Block.

Back
Top Bottom