Why no Effects Forum?

Move towards something simpler: a single forum for each major product line.

Hi iaresee
Sorry for my bad English :(

• This is a big problem that we carry with us a long time !
javajunkie, in the old forum,
He had "buffered" with his "BLOG" :)
As you see, since he was taken off the BLOG
I miss references
So I thought ....
To use my signature, to help users :rolleyes:
But it's not enough :(

• I can propose a solution
Yek, he's doing a great job with amplifiers ;)
finished this big job :D

You can start a new job with the effects blocks ;)
Always Yek, or another expert :rolleyes:
For each effects block.
There will be a database, as now with amplifiers :cool:
Then for each proposed effect
You can put all the settings - discussions - in "relationship" to that single effect.

This is my idea, to simplify everything :rolleyes:
I do not know if it is a good idea :confused:

But and a proposal, to be assessed :)

Hi iaresee
Sorry for my bad English :(

• This is a big problem that we carry with us a long time !
javajunkie, in the old forum,
He had "buffered" with his "BLOG" :)
As you see, since he was taken off the BLOG
I miss references
So I thought ....
To use my signature, to help users :rolleyes:
But it's not enough :(

• I can propose a solution
Yek, he's doing a great job with amplifiers ;)
finished this big job :D

You can start a new job with the effects blocks ;)
Always Yek, or another expert :rolleyes:
For each effects block.
There will be a database, as now with amplifiers :cool:
Then for each proposed effect
You can put all the settings - discussions - in "relationship" to that single effect.

This is my idea, to simplify everything :rolleyes:
I do not know if it is a good idea :confused:

But and a proposal, to be assessed :)

Some kind of a database like you are talking about would be enormously cool but wow, what an undertaking that would be.

I think for starters this FX sub forum would be the best option. From my semi-newb point of view, hunting down settings for particular FX is not very easy to do because there isn't a readily apparent place to begin looking (besides the wiki). I wouldn't have ever thought at first to look in the preset exchange for info on a single block. By the name, I would expect it to be for full presets only.

Some kind of a database like you are talking about would be enormously cool but wow, what an undertaking that would be.

I think for starters this FX sub forum would be the best option. From my semi-newb point of view, hunting down settings for particular FX is not very easy to do because there isn't a readily apparent place to begin looking (besides the wiki). I wouldn't have ever thought at first to look in the preset exchange for info on a single block. By the name, I would expect it to be for full presets only.

I think what he is saying, is start one at a time, and build it up over the years. The community could add to it (crowdsourcing effects blocks), and the OP could start threads on various FX (fuzz, comp, chorus, delays, reverbs, etc.) - or perhaps in "pedal" fashion.

This was a suggestion I too tossed out in trying to help the OP gain some traction by taking initiative (and not wait on the forum ownership to drive this forward); that kind of activity seems to occur (and be supported) quite well in this community/forum.

I think what he is saying, is start one at a time, and build it up over the years. The community could add to it (crowdsourcing effects blocks), and the OP could start threads on various FX (fuzz, comp, chorus, delays, reverbs, etc.) - or perhaps in "pedal" fashion.
That is exactly what we have now with the wiki.

I can count on one hand the number of people that contribute to the wiki. I thank them for their tireless efforts. I seriously doubt the larger community would organize this information in any useful way. They haven't with the wiki.

Hello to all

I hope to make me better understand.
To date there is no place for all the pedals on the forum
apart from the section wiki

FX-Axe Wiki.JPG

Yek
has created this wonderful database
Fractal Audio AMP models :)

Imagine now, that they are all effects of AXE ;)
Dedicated to each thread, (Block Effect) Driver, Flanger, Chorus, etc.
Like the image above Wiki
All users can add their blocks, description of its blockade (for a specific song).....
And many other information between users

But just to kind of effect, ie. Phaser Script90 (MXR Phaser90 red EVH / Phaser90 Script Logo Gilmour, Phaser 45, etc .....)

So we avoid disperse accurate information on the forum.
That in some post. already exist (Link)
A database that provides 2 services

I hope I have expressed well, my idea

FAS / Yek allowing :):):):rolleyes:

jaresee what do you think ?

Last edited:
What is not generally understood (or maybe it is) is that forums generally have very limited searching, even with the advanced functions it can be hard (maybe just for me). Searching all the words in the threads of a forum sometimes gets a lot of unrelated stuff that was mentioned in just passing.

So to wade into a forum that has titles specific to a particular effect block does make searching for material easier; you can limit to that forum (a sub forum of a specific fx block) and find what you need as long as users title their threads well. Just my two cents.

(But then again, I complain to people about how limited Google is, and almost no one has ever agreed with me. Even though I don't think people understand how it works, I would think they would encounter the same problems I do, but then again, they are just looking for the latest trends and hot news...)

Last edited:
I think the current forum structure made perfect sense, when there was only AxeFX.

Now there are different products. As an example, I have made several recordings with my Ax8, but where do I put them in the forum?

The same goes for FX blocks. I am not brosing all the AxeFX forums every day, so I am missing a lot of good answers and questions. Ot would be easier to sort out which forums to read, if they were topic based rather than product based.

I understand that such a major forum update is unlikely, but an FX forum would be a very good start.

I think the current forum structure made perfect sense, when there was only AxeFX.
It can be corrected
What you write
But if you do not seek alternative solutions
and only the worse for us users :(

Who has ideas, expose "please"
FAS
If you understand the problem
Can help us :rolleyes:

However Yek, opened a road....
We need to understand how much can be useful with effects blocks ;)

Last edited:
I'm more of an FX guy than an amp guy. I've always struggled with creating FX with my Axe-Fx II because I don't know how FX work and I feel like I have to be a rocket scientist to program a chorus.

I'm all for a simpler way to find FX.

I use Evernote to save posts about FX and then use tags, so I can easily find them again. I have a FAS Stack with multiple Notebooks in it for Amps, FX, IR's... Etc. I have many other stacks and notebooks for other topics and close to 3000 notes but I can usually find what I'm looking for pretty quickly. I'm not affiliated with Evernote in anyway but I thought I'd suggest it because it really helps me organize all the things I find on the Internet that I'd like to remember.

I use the wiki a lot because it's organized a lot more like how I use Evernote.

I think it would be really cool and helpful if there was something similar to Yek's amp threads but for FX blocks. I know I'd have a lot of aha! moments like I have with all the amp model's which I would have never had if it weren't for Yek's threads.

Back
Top Bottom