Why is this forum superior to all others?

Not to sound like a snob but why is this forum so special ?

There are many guitar forums, many gear forums, many music forums, many different media like FB groups and IG feeds, and countless communities of our sort in the guitar playing world....but frankly, most of them are absolutely terrible (especially SSO rofl)

some are boring without any substantive discussion, some are totally juvenile, some are practically inactive, while others are outright shady and scammy con sites, and with all these, there are very few consistencies of any kind - from long time members who leave without a word or trace, to people who join just to scam with one message in the classifieds , and so on and so forth

this is the ONLY guitar forum that has
1) a vibrant community
2) helpful and benevolent members
3) great discourse on a variety of subject matter , most of the great discussion are actually in the lounge
4) a general sense of respect for one another, and diplomatic disagreements
5) no drama, fighting, arguing or nonsense of any kind
6) great moderators and admins
7) constant worthwhile content for revisiting

now part of it is obviously because the axe 3 has completely changed the guitar world forever and will remain the gold standard for a decade but still, with all the pressure that entails, trolls are dealt with quickly and quietly and scammers are booted just as fast , and the place is just like a guitar players paradise

I haven’t been here as long as many of you, but I really feel this forum is where I belonged since the beginning and im so glad I didnt listen to Jeries when he told me to get the axe fx ultra and the axe ii, because I started with the Kemper and then sold it while it was still at good value $1500, and then I bought the axe fx 3 - but Cliff is a genius so I will remain here and support him with every product he releases

I’m on no social media, no other forums or groups or boards and I’m just so happy to found this place especially during these isolating times

thank you cliff, Ian, Alex, mods and all the great members

Last edited:
Very true - one of my favorite idiosyncrasies of this forum is almost the complete lack of wasted air on “pickups”

granted, with the axe fx almost any pickup will do

but I swear, there is a very popular forum where it is literally a daily check in to reaffirm that EMG is unrivaled , I mean hundreds of pages over years - and underneath it are reviews for every obscure pickup and every new “metal” pickup made - I can’t “prove” its outright pedaling under the guise of interested guitarists legitimately questioning if this pickup will make their metal sound even more brootal LOL, but I may have mentioned it’s all hype and marketing by the sales agents - pretend your a new member and prospective buyer and all of a sudden Nazgul and bare knuckle pickups are the greatest pickups ever invented. (Until the next one from whoever else)

truth is the guitar and pickups make a significant sound but the real sound comes from the axe itself

anyway I just love not hearing or seeing a new pickup for metal every day, especially when it’s been well established that the ultimate and most metal pickups are fishman fluence, Lundgren m series, EMG 81/85 and then the classic air Norton/pad pro or tone zone paf pro

aside from that, any pickups like BKP are just so overdone and too many like how many different windings can you do before you have to admit Fishman wins lol

Not to sound like a snob but why is this forum so special ?

There are many guitar forums, many gear forums, many music forums, many different media like FB groups and IG feeds, and countless communities of our sort in the guitar playing world....but frankly, most of them are absolutely terrible

this is the ONLY guitar forum that has
1) a vibrant community
2) helpful and benevolent members
3) great discourse on a variety of subject matter , most of the great discussion are actually in the lounge
4) a general sense of respect for one another, and diplomatic disagreements
5) no drama, fighting, arguing or nonsense of any kind
6) great moderators and admins
7) constant worthwhile content for revisiting
Item #6 Is a big reason that the other items exist. Also, Fractal Audio hosts this forum. The way they do business sets the tone and gives the moderators freedom to do the right thing.

Item #6 Is a big reason that the other items exist. Also, Fractal Audio hosts this forum. The way they do business sets the tone and gives the moderators freedom to do the right thing.
Totally - #6 is actually the main #1 reason for sure

but really, the general demeanor and speech amongst ourselves is reserved, respectful and rarely inflammatory - so the members are also outstanding

maybe knowing we owe so much to this little community of ours fosters a deeper respect amongst us

in fact (only one member, who blindly took issue with me for criticizing SSO publicly seems to not really want to be cool with me, even though I have no issue with him, but SSO are so staunchly defensive that it is offensive to me when I see it clearly but that’s not important, I just mean to say, in spite of that, we still have been getting along just fine) I have had no issues whatsoever with anyone negative

if anything any slight stings were handled diplomatically , maturely and we moved on , though I still tease a little bit I mean non harm

anyway I love this site man
It really made Covid so much more bearable

thx cliff

Vette, IDK man, while Samantha is the type of woman you want as your lady and a mother to your kids, and she is quite beautiful with great genes, but I mean, have you seen Barbara Eden in a bikini? I mean women like that, Raquel Welch, Sofia Loren, Bridgette Bardot, Lauren Bacall, Ava Gardner, I mean geeeeez - Golden Hollywood in the late 40's, golden era 50's and the early 60's - my GOD, that's what women should look like - full figured, curvy, and oozing of femininity - call me austere but beauty concealed, you know - I mean, jeez I would literally marry any one of those women over Cardi B - any day of the week, even after a coked out binge on the Vegas strip and cardi b literally dropped MDMA into my White Russian and just went to town on me - id STILL marry a 1950s Hollywood starlet (oddly enough, not a Monroe fan)

I don't know why I got so into the elderly or deceased bombshells of yore, but Ill just close by saying, I love Lauren Bacall' Nordic/Aryan face! she reminds me of princess oslaug from the show about vikings.....god, women are so.....ahhhh just ahhhh mazing - spring is in the air lol

PS Don't get me wrong: Serena Williams used to be what I literally dreamed of (until I actually married a gorgeous woman that is a light skin version of Serena, she actually looks like a cross between Serena and niki Minaj, but much prettier, and I would gladly show my family, but last time I did that, a bunch of punks from SSO literally harassed us to the point of filing false IRS claims in my wife's name - so anyway

WOMEN ARE THE BEST - GIRLS, GUITARS and GUNS - GOD BLESS AMERICA

You won't find a lot of places like this forum on the net. As far as music based sites, this one, PRS, and occasionally RJM's forums are the only ones I use. It seems to start with the company owning the forum... good people at the top sets a good culture that you can feel.

Plus, Cliff puts out troll traps all around the forum grounds.

The first forum at setbb.com (before the Axe-FX II), now extinct, was run by us the plebeians, not by FAS, and the tone was also cordial. I believe that it is caused by the enthusiasm that we feel to own this piece of gear, and by the friendly proximity and interaction with The Creator and with the FAS staff.

vguitarforums also has cordial and colaborative mood. Perhaps because those who embark the adventure to install a hex-pickup at their guitar also share a special enthusiasm for their gear, even though the interaction with Roland staff is zero

Back
Top Bottom