Who Wants to Test Some New Firmware? (12.03 Beta 5 UPDATE)

Install the 12.02 firmware. Send your bank and system backups back to the unit with Fractal-Bot. Problem resolved.

You did make backups of your banks and system before upgrading, right?

Yes. I rolled back to the point of last awesomeness, which for me was 11-21 with 12.02 and the set programming I saved for playing on 11-22

I made two presets for recording my Christmas Eve Sarajevo tune, but I'm not heart broken to have lost those. They were amp and cab with gating. And I can make good sounding presets easily. What would be heart breaking, would be to lose 50 songs' worth. Not all of my songs use 2 amps in Parallel, but I bet about 60-75% of them do.

All is well.

Waiting for another beta, to get Dimension D and the newly added amps.

No hurry.

Took 2 months off from the band, and this box is already the most amazing thing since peanut butter.

Make sure to run your rig in stereo (Chorus after Amp, and when before Cab: stereo Cab) to enjoy the true awesomeness of Dim C.

Older Dimension D info leads me to believe you can combine different buttons together, which I guess gives 16 possible combinations.

If you know how, can you get all these with the parameter knobs or does the hardware get too complicated there?

The Dimension D has two rates: 0.5 Hz and 0.25 Hz, and three possible depths, plus an "intensity boost".

There are 15 possible combinations of the four buttons. However some of those combinations are redundant.

IMHO people should stop focusing on recreate and focus on create. The Dimension mode in the Chorus block allows you to do everything a Dimension D does plus a whole lot more. You are not bound by two choices of rate or three choices of depth. Perhaps a rate of 0.15 Hz or 1.0 Hz is better. The Dimension D designers chose 0.25 and 0.5 Hz (4 seconds and 2 seconds). Don't you think that's a bit, well, unimaginative? "What should we make the rate? I dunno, how about 1/2 second. Okay."

I just got back from the Caribbean and just found out there was an update. I am so looking forward to this! O\I haven't heard the Rambler or Dimension D yet! I am so far behind on utilization of the last several updates.

I just got back from the Caribbean and just found out there was an update. I am so looking forward to this! O\I haven't heard the Rambler or Dimension D yet! I am so far behind on utilization of the last several updates.

There were issues and the beta 3 was yanked. You can no longer download it. If you click the link, you will open up a blank page.

Standby for firmware 12.03 or a beta4 of it.

Amen....This concludes our Sunday morning service!

IMHO people should stop focusing on recreate and focus on create.

Haha reminds me of my sermon about tone matching. And sort of a tie-in from the reference to Hemispheres on the OP. Guys are chasing a tone from 30 years ago. And the artist that created it, that probably has the gear he used that day to get that sound, doesn't bother to try to get that sound anymore when he plays the song now. He's moved on. He's created something new.

In fairness, some of that quest comes from having owned the gear that is now being modeled, and wanting to get your old sound too. I haven't owned any of these real devices from yesteryear. So I just scroll through until I hear something useful and close to ready, and then make it ready.

Happy tweaking to all, and to all a good night.

Last edited:
Thanks Cliff for letting us be part of the beta team.

I'm not complaining about beta set-backs of any kind.

If you guys start the complaining/negativity that tends to creep in at these times, you can be assured, betas will remain restricted to a hand select few, and we won't catch glimpses anymore. We'll just get full firmware upgrades.

I personally enjoy the process and like to peer into the mind of genius when I have the opportunity.

So, please keep 'em coming!!!

Rod

Tone matching is in there if someone wants to do the Kemper thing but that's just so 2012.

Although I agree with people being better off creating something of their own, it's not really up to anyone to state how other people should run things. F.ex. some guys may have used a certain pedal or amp and sold it to buy an Axe-Fx because "the Axe-Fx has it". (which is the aim of Axe-Fx right?) Then when he asks about how to get the tones he used to have he most likely gets the classic: "use your ears" as an answer. That's just bad and condescending customer service. The customer decides how to use the Axe-Fx and not the manufacturer. :) That's just how it is.

£700 for a Dimension D Chorus...and we get it free. Mmmwwwoooohaaaahaaahaaa! Looking forward to trying it when Beta3/4, etc, get fixed. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO people should stop focusing on recreate and focus on create. The Dimension mode in the Chorus block allows you to do everything a Dimension D does plus a whole lot more. You are not bound by two choices of rate or three choices of depth. Perhaps a rate of 0.15 Hz or 1.0 Hz is better. The Dimension D designers chose 0.25 and 0.5 Hz (4 seconds and 2 seconds). Don't you think that's a bit, well, unimaginative? "What should we make the rate? I dunno, how about 1/2 second. Okay."
that's exactly what I meant with my post from above. having a Dim D simulation in the Axe opens up so much more possibilities from a tweaking point, that I probably wouldn't even bother trying to recreate the accidental outcome of pressing two or three buttons together on the original, but what other depth and rate values could do.

Tone matching is in there if someone wants to do the Kemper thing but that's just so 2012.

Although I agree with people being better off creating something of their own, it's not really up to anyone to state how other people should run things. F.ex. some guys may have used a certain pedal or amp and sold it to buy an Axe-Fx because "the Axe-Fx has it". (which is the aim of Axe-Fx right?) Then when he asks about how to get the tones he used to have he most likely gets the classic: "use your ears" as an answer. That's just bad and condescending customer service. The customer decides how to use the Axe-Fx and not the manufacturer. :) That's just how it is.

I get that but I took the point to mean that if we think "create" it can unshackle us from the boundaries of thinking "re-create" (relating to the dimension D model in this case which seems to be more flexible than the original

The Dimension D has two rates: 0.5 Hz and 0.25 Hz, and three possible depths, plus an "intensity boost".

There are 15 possible combinations of four buttons (four plus 6 combinations taken two at a time, four taken three at a time and one taken four at a time) (n!/((n - r)! r!)). However some of those combinations are redundant.
looking at it from a technical point of view, Cliff. what happens on the original if you press two buttons together ? is it just a simple depth and rate addition or does the modulation wave etc. change as well ?

Can't believe I missed 12.03 beta2. I'm on 12.03beta3 but no Dimension D. Guess I'll have to play with all the other goodies while I wait for the next reïncarnation. But it's sounding goooood :) Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom