Who here got rid of ALL of their pedals for Axe-Fx?

enigma

Inspired
Here's a reason why I'm thinking of getting rid of ALL of my pedals to purchase Axe-Fx II:
1) Money;
2) No Dependency (crutch) on pedals;
3) Commitment to learning Axe-Fx II;
4) Commitment to simplicity with gear; and
5) Other reasons.

So, who here exclusively uses Axe-Fx, and got rid of all pedals? This is my current pedal board I'm willing to part with. Or, should I hold on to them?

PB-2012.jpg

It took me a couple of months but I can recreate basically all my pedals with the Axe II. I'm slowly unloading them now...

I kept a tuner (Turbo Tuner), delay (Boss DD-7) and an overdrive (Timmy) along with my original tube amp (Mesa Boogie Rectoverb) for backup.

Sold/ plan to sell an Eventide Space, EH POG2, Strymon El Cap, Keeley Comp, Mad Professor SWOD, and EH Memory Boy.
The Axe can basically recreate all of these (at least how I was using them).

While I never quite used as many pedals as you have there I did get rid mine. I sold all of my wahs, my digitech whammy pedal, tremolo, etc... I still have modded DS-1 (shotgunn modded that is...) and my EHX shotgunn modded micro synth's. Other than that I use my Axe II with 4 expression pedals and my midi controller. My pedal board currently has no audio signal running through it, just MIDI. I have no regrets. That OCD pedal might be worth hanging onto until Cliff models it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't ever used my pedals with the AxeFx. Looking to get rid of 'em, though. The only thing I know I'll keep is the Zendrive.

I got rid of mine with the exception of a few late 60's CryBaby's and a couple drives. Only because I haven't messed around with the Axe II to see if they could accomplish what those wahs can. If it can then they'll be going as well... maybe :? ... they have very cool musical tones and tons of mojo to them not found in most modern day wahs.

All of mine are long gone. Of course I had amassed a collection of quite unremarkable Guitar Center stompboxes that weren't exactly hard to replicate within the Ultra let alone the AxeFXII. Most of them had been modded and crap, but I don't miss a single one of them.

To be honest the amp models themselves eliminated the need for drive pedals most of the time.

Yep, got rid of them all. Letting go of that MetalZone was real tough but I managed it :lol

On a serious note it was the Mesa Trem-o-verb that I had trouble letting go of, pedals weren't really ever a problem for me :)

Cheers.

All gone after buying the standard 2 years, including the tube amps (cept for my Plexi clone). Never looked at/tried another amp or pedal since, and now have the Axe 2. Total GAS cure! Sell 'em all, you won't regret it.

Oh, I did pick up an expression pedal, but that was for the wah in the axe.

I kept an EH Q-Tron & a Korg G4 (Leslie sim) when I got the Boss GT-Pro. Now that I have the Axe II, I don't feel that I need either of them & they will go sometime in the near future. The other handful of pedals that I kept "just in case" haven't come out of a cabinet in probably 2 years.

Here's the bulk of the collection at its peak in 2006:

GuitarStuff1.jpg

Here's a pic I took of the first batch that was sold, which includes some things that weren't in the big picture:

GuitarStuff2.jpg

I just sold my GT 10 and Line 6 M13 after purchasing the Axe II.

I kept my Boss Looper ( longer and easier to use than the Axe looper for me).

I still own a few overdrives/distortion- Keely DS-1, Turbo Tube Screamer, Blues Driver- I also still use my Morley Wah Pedals- Still haven't figured out or took the time to get wah on the thing w/exp pedal.

Sold it all.

I had extensive pedal boards for different rigs. Zero need for any of them once the Axe-FX came to town. Never regretted selling any of it.

I sold off mine to pay for my standard back in the day. Don't miss them at all, with the exception of my old Blackstone. I just liked that one alot. Even then, I've been able to replicate everything I've ever needed on the Axe. I miss my old klon just because I could help pay for my child's college tuition with it...

Don´t need pedals now. Ultra don´t need it. Axe II will def not need it... (soon my precious)

But i got 25-30 pedals in a bag. I think i got like 6 wahs in there+ Xotic, Voodoo Lab, etc. I´ll keep them in case i get in a stompbox mood. It will end up with a RA-100, a pair of 1x12 and a lot of pedals as a home rig. When I get BIG house, of course. Just for fun. :)

Still have my OCD, which I sometimes plug in front of the Axe-II. Also my H & K Rotosphere although I never plug it up.

I did buy a Strymon El Capistan this week. I justified it because it takes a lot of CPU to semi-clone it in the Axe-II, and I've also been able to come up with some cool effects so far by running some of the Axe-II delays through the El Cap in the effects loop.

Other than that, everything is gone except I think I've still got a Crybaby and a Bad Monkey somewhere in the closet.

Back
Top Bottom