Which FRFR? Is it worth it?

I looked around and someone claims the Gemini 2 uses the Eminence 12CX. Which is a coaxial driver. And you need a crossover and tweeter to mount on it separately. And that EM power control is a knob that says FR on 1 end and cab on the other. So I think my guess is good, a volume control for the tweeter. It would be nice to have I think.

Yeah I like the F12, that’s what I’m using now. Great FRFR speaker. I’m curious about that control you mentioned. I saw a guy on here somewhere that had some custom cabs with tweeter controls.
Glad someone mentioned the f12-x200. I've posted about it so much I feel like a broken record at this point. Great cost effective solution that's hard to beat. Good to hear you're still digging yours.

Glad someone mentioned the f12-x200. I've posted about it so much I feel like a broken record at this point. Great cost effective solution that's hard to beat. Good to hear you're still digging yours.

Hey man, you have to keep spreading the word lol. Someone needs to put the F12’s in a powered cab and sell them. They’re DIY for the most part right now. Cheers man!

Yeah I like the F12, that’s what I’m using now. Great FRFR speaker. I’m curious about that control you mentioned. I saw a guy on here somewhere that had some custom cabs with tweeter controls.
I don’t know much about the technology behind it, all I know is when turned all the way left, it sounds like every other Frfr speaker, very similar to the atomic clr wedges I have and even similar to your qsc k12’s. Then as you start to turn the “EmPower” knob, the more it sounds like a real cab the more you turn, blowing more air through the speakers. But doesn’t change the linear sound, just the warmth, the punch. It’s hard to explain in words, but it’s amazing. I keep it about half way at 12 o’clock, because all the way up makes ea note rattle my door off its hinges. Also, the clarity with this speaker is so great, that I had to use a db meter to measure volume. My band ket telling me to turn down, that I was loud, and I knew I was on 2, and typically I had my clr wedges cranked much louder. But with this speaker, each note is so Crystal clear, it seems to cut right through the other instruments and sound louder, even at a lower volume (confirmed by db measurements comparing clr’s and gm2). So between the clarity and that EmPower knob (that I still have no idea what it actually is), I get the EXACT sound I’m looking for with clarity of Frfr speakers and punch of a real cab. Definitely worth hitting a local music shop and giving it a test. I offered GC $900 for their demo and left with it that day, so don’t get intimidated by the $2200 price tag, there’s deals out there.They even threw in the matching rack head to match, not that I’ll ever need/use it, but just saying cuz I think they up the price to like $2400+ for the bundle and I got it all new out the door for $900, so there’s deals on these I’ve seen.

Are the Red Sound speakers available in the US? I saw a different post mentioning a US distributor, but I haven't been able to figure out if that is a real thing, or something that will be coming in the future to the US. Thanks!
Yes, the US distributor is real.

LYON & HEALY CORPORATION

168 N. Ogden Ave. - Chicago, IL 60607
Direct Line
: +1.847.757.5800

Gentleman that I talked to was Emal Noor. Nice guy!

K12 get so much hype, I personally find that they fall apart quickly, the high mids are weak and are not accurate. Plastic enclosure sounds “plastic”. I’d look at a Birch cab for a start.

I just received 2 X Boutique FRLR with the Celestion F12-X200 speakers in them. I already had 2 X Friedman ASM-12 Monitor wedges mounted on stands. I have the Boutiques sitting up about waist high. To tell you the truth the Friedman's definitely sound more like an amplifier. There is some goodness coming from the cabinets (65 lbs. each). The Boutiques are screaming demons, totally sound like an amplifier. A/B'ing them so far sounds great, but I will be using the EQs and dialing them in - the are output 1 & 2 from the Fractal AF3. The Boutiques get the Output 2 signal from a Matrix GT1000-FX. I don't know about the Redsound and may try them in the future, but playing through this is like really hard to change. It's freaking awesome and I'm spoiled. Running a Mark V preset on the Fractal through the Matrix to the Boutiques gives me heavy deja-vu (Mark V was my main amps since the day it was released). I don't hear any problems with the Fender type / Dumble style presets when I give it some love. I'm all about EQ though, you can almost make a Metal Zone through a Fender Squire sound good with some serious EQ.

If you are looking for a FRFR that will give a warm amp in the room sound as well, you can't go wrong with the Friedman's If you are a purist you should give a Celestion F12-X200 's a try through a cabinet to specs. The Boutiques are nice and won't break your back if portability is a necessity.

The RedSounds seem to be preferred by many players on here, so if you can try them out that would be ideal. The Boutiques are going to give you a tube amp heaven especially with the Matrix GT1000-FX. I find that hard to beat.
I have found a Friedman asm 12 for a decent price however......... They only have a single XLR in. I use a FM3 and out 1 run both to FOH in stereo. I want to use out 2 for a wedge they are 1/4". Does a 1/4" to xlr suffice? Make any difference in tonal quality at all?

I’m considering an FRFR speaker but I currently have the legacy K 12 speakers. My FM three sounds best through my studio monitors and I find the K 12 response to be not very flat. Thoughts? I just want to use one or two for some stage noise like a cab.
I like the Line 6 Powercab plus..

I have found a Friedman asm 12 for a decent price however......... They only have a single XLR in. I use a FM3 and out 1 run both to FOH in stereo. I want to use out 2 for a wedge they are 1/4". Does a 1/4" to xlr suffice? Make any difference in tonal quality at all?
Or? Run say left into the friedman and out into FOH like the Out 1 R?

That's what I had to use before I got an Axe FX-III, I had an FM3 and the stereo Friedmans. No problem with a decent quality cable from Sweetwater.

I'm running the two Friedmans in stereo and the celestions in stereo on channel two. The celestion cabs use the Neutrik connectors from a Matrix GT1000FX. As I can play really loud in my house and you can't hear it from the nearest neighbor, I've noticed as the celestion cabs kind of got broken in it's a good mix to use them together. I keep messing with the EQ on both channels, but they are sounding better to me. The Friedman and the celestion cabs have different harmonic qualities, and the sound is just huge and beautiful, from clean to dirty sounds. I've never had a tube amp and pedal board rig that sounded even close to this as far as the range of sounds I can get. Beautiful sparkling chiming cleans to beuatiful breakup using the volume on the guitar, to down right nasty like through Boogies and Friedman amp models on the Fractal. I am also playing with all kinds of IRs, and thinking of purchasing the newer York's that have come out. I have some older ones on here, and picked up some from Dweezil Zappa's site that are awesome. EVs and Marshall cabs that definitely sound incredible and in your face. Overall they are similar in sound so it just gets huge. I'm loving this setup.

I'm running the two Friedmans in stereo and the celestions in stereo on channel two. The celestion cabs use the Neutrik connectors from a Matrix GT1000FX. As I can play really loud in my house and you can't hear it from the nearest neighbor, I've noticed as the celestion cabs kind of got broken in it's a good mix to use them together. I keep messing with the EQ on both channels, but they are sounding better to me. The Friedman and the celestion cabs have different harmonic qualities, and the sound is just huge and beautiful, from clean to dirty sounds. I've never had a tube amp and pedal board rig that sounded even close to this as far as the range of sounds I can get. Beautiful sparkling chiming cleans to beuatiful breakup using the volume on the guitar, to down right nasty like through Boogies and Friedman amp models on the Fractal. I am also playing with all kinds of IRs, and thinking of purchasing the newer York's that have come out. I have some older ones on here, and picked up some from Dweezil Zappa's site that are awesome. EVs and Marshall cabs that definitely sound incredible and in your face. Overall they are similar in sound so it just gets huge. I'm loving this setup.
Well I'm glad you aren't bitter about my helping you spend 3k the morning you made your purchases. Lol
I really enjoy my DIY F12-x200 cabs and happy to hear the boutique F12 cabs are also great.

Back
Top Bottom