Where's the 1990s Great Music Thread On This Darn Forum??

B sides, and under the radar tracks from popular 90s artists are sought after by middle-aged,
white male with Dad Rock leanings and an expanding waistline. :)

Thank you!! :)

I like both, to be honest. :) Even the recent Arch/Matheos stuff is brilliant. They
are such different singers, though. Alder is more melodic and uses more of his
lower register, and Arch stays in his head voice almost all the time. Matheos
makes it all good, though. His tones and playing are nothing short of perfection,
in my opinion. :)
Yeah that first Arch/Matheos was especially killer as I didn't expect it at the time.

I was just watching Rick Beato's channel the other day where he was talking about music from the 90's and it reminded me of how many great bands there were. Normally I'd throw names like AIC, STP, Soundgarden in the ring but I'm going to reference Splendor Solis - Tea Party. I really enjoyed this album when it came out.

I mean really all you need to represent the band's work is this one here, The River.. Amazing how similar this song is to the one you shared!

Where are all the diehard Canadians or those living close enough to the border not to mention The Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace, Moist, Three Days Grace, Sum41, Finger 11 etc...

Here's an obscure one (American) too:

The AC/DC meets post-hair-metal 90s...

I mean really all you need to represent the band's work is this one here, The River.. Amazing how similar this song is to the one you shared!

Where are all the diehard Canadians or those living close enough to the border not to mention The Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace, Moist, Three Days Grace, Sum41, Finger 11 etc...

Here's an obscure one (American) too:

The AC/DC meets post-hair-metal 90s...

Yes of course! The Hip were a Canadian staple throughout the 90s and Our Lady Peace album 'Naveed'. I was a big fan of OLP early music. In fact, I saw them open for Van Halen in 1995. Awesome concert.

Back
Top Bottom