Where's the 1990s Great Music Thread On This Darn Forum??

And their follow up album “Hell Below/Stars Above” is even better. With some really great and different songwriting, but it came out in 2001 so couldn’t share here.

Such a great song! Those alternating 7/4 to 4/4 sections can be tricky as hell.

Maybe one of the most important albums/projects that sowed the seeds of greatness
for multiple bands. Cornell's singing and writing were transformed in these sessions after
the loss of his best friend and roommate, and Pearl Jam found its infancy here.

People often overlook the fact that this album predated the release of Nevermind, Ten,
and Badmotorfinger.

Maybe one of the most important albums/projects that sowed the seeds of greatness
for multiple bands. Cornell's singing and writing were transformed in these sessions after

People often overlook the fact that this album predated the release of Nevermind, Ten,
and Badmotorfinger.

I'm not going to start dicking around with screenshots and such, but literally the album playing on my phone right now as I'm about to leave for an evening stroll. Really good stuff!

I just learned REM makes @JiveTurkey sad. :)
There are not many bands I loathe more than REM. Barf to the infinite degree.

Blind is my fave album from them \m/

and Badmotorfinger.

One of the greatest Modern Prog bands of all time. Full stop! They are still releasing
great material. Their last release is monstrous! The timeless tones Matheos puts out
should be a lesson to us all. Sooooo.... good! :)

John Arch or GTFO! Ray Alder is gross!

Another 1990 gem!

I like both, to be honest. :) Even the recent Arch/Matheos stuff is brilliant. They
are such different singers, though. Alder is more melodic and uses more of his
lower register, and Arch stays in his head voice almost all the time. Matheos
makes it all good, though. His tones and playing are nothing short of perfection,
in my opinion. :)

Back
Top Bottom