• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Where are you facing when you record? IT MATTERS!!!!

fret

Veteran
I could hear the difference. And I prefer the facing away sound. Maybe because it sounded fuller with the extra bass?

Personally I haven't noticed a difference in my own studio. And I even have the same monitors! Could it also be more of an issue with bass than with guitar?

I could hear the difference. And I prefer the facing away sound. Maybe because it sounded fuller with the extra bass?

Personally I haven't noticed a difference in my own studio. And I even have the same monitors! Could it also be more of an issue with bass than with guitar?
This.

BUT I have also not noticed any difference and have A/B'd this as well. Guess it has more to do with your environment/setup? I do notice that there's a difference with mine with regards to hiss, but that has more to do with grounding where I live than anything else.

Kent

Inspired
Room reflections, etc. The arrival times are all different. It is quite expected.

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
Side-bar: Is it wise to rest your Axe FX on a surface that is constantly vibrating? Why take the risk, and find out it wasn't a very good choice?

toolfanem

Forum Addict
dude, your gonna pickup so much crap from your computer through your pickups like that... turn away from the tower

Ben.Last

Veteran
Side-bar: Is it wise to rest your Axe FX on a surface that is constantly vibrating? Why take the risk, and find out it wasn't a very good choice?
You mean like... say... a guitar cab?

Honestly, if the unit isn't engineered to take that then it's not engineered anywhere near as well as a lot of us assume.

svl

Forum Addict
From the sound of all the crap being thrown up (pun intended) on YouTube, many are simply facing humiliation... much deserved humiliation.

Rexgtr

Veteran
I thought the question would be directional as in Earth North East West and South, I'm currently facing East, place is too small to change that.
I also have no windows to look out, (the view sucks anyways)
Usually record facing my LCD screen and monitors.

Top Bottom