Where are you facing when you record? IT MATTERS!!!!

I could hear the difference. And I prefer the facing away sound. Maybe because it sounded fuller with the extra bass?

Personally I haven't noticed a difference in my own studio. And I even have the same monitors! Could it also be more of an issue with bass than with guitar?

I could hear the difference. And I prefer the facing away sound. Maybe because it sounded fuller with the extra bass?

Personally I haven't noticed a difference in my own studio. And I even have the same monitors! Could it also be more of an issue with bass than with guitar?

This.

BUT I have also not noticed any difference and have A/B'd this as well. Guess it has more to do with your environment/setup? I do notice that there's a difference with mine with regards to hiss, but that has more to do with grounding where I live than anything else.

Room reflections, etc. The arrival times are all different. It is quite expected.

Side-bar: Is it wise to rest your Axe FX on a surface that is constantly vibrating? Why take the risk, and find out it wasn't a very good choice?

Side-bar: Is it wise to rest your Axe FX on a surface that is constantly vibrating? Why take the risk, and find out it wasn't a very good choice?

You mean like... say... a guitar cab?

Honestly, if the unit isn't engineered to take that then it's not engineered anywhere near as well as a lot of us assume.

From the sound of all the crap being thrown up (pun intended) on YouTube, many are simply facing humiliation... much deserved humiliation.

I thought the question would be directional as in Earth North East West and South, I'm currently facing East, place is too small to change that.
I also have no windows to look out, (the view sucks anyways)
Usually record facing my LCD screen and monitors.

Back
Top Bottom